Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow this is awesome news for the LFX guys! If the performance and change in sound is similar to the LLT version, you LFX guys are in for a treat.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
2012 Camaro Caramo Vararam intake update:

Vararam is pleased to report that our test units have almost completed their 12,000 mile test cycle.

All Vararam products must pass this basic test cycle before production can begin.
Vararam products are always tested to failure in varying conditions, while running out to a minimum of 12,000 miles .
This allows us to check for part fatigue in a wider range of conditions. This also ensures that we provide the highest quality product available with OEM reliability while delivering that legendary Vararam real world performance.

For the 2012 Camaro we have been in the unusual position of creating two versions for the same application. Both have proven to offer similar performance.
We are currently fine tuning the "look" and installation of each system.
Each system has been developed for performance, drivability ,ease of installation and show presentation.

The systems are being put head to head against each other every day. The unit that is consistently the best , will go into production.

We appreciate our customers patience while we wrap up our final tests.

We will update you again, later next week with a more specific time, we are very close at this point. We may be able to post up some pictures at that time.

VR Tech
So would you say we are months or mere weeks away from this going into production?? If weeks, I will gladly wait for it, if months, then I'm going to pull the trigger on the New Era.

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #18
oreo joe

Drives: 2012 1LT
AuburnGrad this is only relevant for 2012 v6 owners. You have an SS so you can order one now if you like! Nothing was changed on the v8s as far as I know.
oreo joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #19
AuburnGrad93

Drives: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo joe View Post
AuburnGrad this is only relevant for 2012 v6 owners. You have an SS so you can order one now if you like! Nothing was changed on the v8s as far as I know.
Nope, won't fit the SS either. The radiator is changed on the V8 as well.

My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
SmokeScreen45th

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Anniversary
Anymore word on this? Was hoping for sneak peek pics today
SmokeScreen45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #21
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
damn I had wrote them off guess i have to subscribe to this thread now for updates
Old 05-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Yeah, you would think with so much interest they'd keep everyone more updated...

I'm ready to buy something but at this rate CAI is looking pretty tempting.
I guess if I did buy one, I could re-sell it as a deposit...
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
lionofjudea

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
2012 Camaro Caramo Vararam intake update:

Vararam is pleased to report that our test units have almost completed their 12,000 mile test cycle.

All Vararam products must pass this basic test cycle before production can begin.
Vararam products are always tested to failure in varying conditions, while running out to a minimum of 12,000 miles .
This allows us to check for part fatigue in a wider range of conditions. This also ensures that we provide the highest quality product available with OEM reliability while delivering that legendary Vararam real world performance.

For the 2012 Camaro we have been in the unusual position of creating two versions for the same application. Both have proven to offer similar performance.
We are currently fine tuning the "look" and installation of each system.
Each system has been developed for performance, drivability ,ease of installation and show presentation.

The systems are being put head to head against each other every day. The unit that is consistently the best , will go into production.

We appreciate our customers patience while we wrap up our final tests.

We will update you again, later next week with a more specific time, we are very close at this point. We may be able to post up some pictures at that time.

VR Tech
This was written on 4/20 and you said:" you will get back later next week with more info and maybe some pic's".
Well here it is 2 weeks later and we are all wondering if you guys are still alive????
A update would be nice or you may start to lose some of our $$$ because we may go to the other guys!!( I know some have already) We would be willing to wait if we keep getting updates. Otherwise......Bye, Bye!!
Dave

P.S. Sorry if this is alittle rude ..... but I cant stand some sells (or company rep.) person feeding me something and not coming through with it and still expecting me to think their the best thing next to sliced bread.With me saying that, I also think with all the feedback about this system I would like it for my 2012 1LT. Just say'en.
lionofjudea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #24
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Patience young grasshopper, I'm sure it's going to be well worth the wait
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
lionofjudea

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Patience young grasshopper, I'm sure it's going to be well worth the wait
47 here, I dont mine the wait...... I dont care for the person saying they will get back in a week and two weeks+ later nothing.... even if they just responded and said; " nothing to report" would be keeping true to their word. That's my problem. Just give us a simple up date like they said they would. And next time don't give a time when a update will be coming so we don't mistrust them.
Dave

P.S. Im still smiling though.....
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
WOW, no wonder rolnslo sold his RR for the SGM after doing all the R&D for Vararam on our '10s & '11s.

As a side note for you LFX owners, we went through the same thing and trust me, and as KMP has stated, it will be worth the wait in in performance, ease of install and looks, not to mention the sound enhancement. This is a great intake. I had the Airaid prior which I loved and was fortunate to sell to another member while awaiting the VR. Now, now the owner of my Airaid is trying to sell it for the VR. If you can wait and I'd like to think you can, save your money for this unit, get it and call it done and lovely! You won't be disappointed in this unit when it comes out.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM

I've got one major reason for selling my 2010 - AISIN AY6 = POS.

Having said that, working with Vararam on the 2010-2011 intake was quite the learning experience and worth every gallon of gas I burned in the v6.

And, I'm still working with them on other parts using my 2011 SS...just installed something last night in fact.

Unfortunately for all of you 2012+ owners, I think my upgrade train stopped with the SGM SS. Love this car!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
lionofjudea

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
WOW, no wonder rolnslo sold his RR for the SGM after doing all the R&D for Vararam on our '10s & '11s.

As a side note for you LFX owners, we went through the same thing and trust me, and as KMP has stated, it will be worth the wait in in performance, ease of install and looks, not to mention the sound enhancement. This is a great intake. I had the Airaid prior which I loved and was fortunate to sell to another member while awaiting the VR. Now, now the owner of my Airaid is trying to sell it for the VR. If you can wait and I'd like to think you can, save your money for this unit, get it and call it done and lovely! You won't be disappointed in this unit when it comes out.
Oh I'm waiting.....(but in someways I just cant wait...if you know what I mean??) Just wish someone would keep to their word and update.
Dave