Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #701
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So what does this say about you, fast cars can do it at any moment, not so fast cars take years to blow up....
It blew up 3 years ago too. Before most were doing anything. Not my first rodeo with this turd. We used the invoice from 2010 to get all the part numbers for this time. See, were resourceful!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #702
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It blew up 3 years ago too. Before most were doing anything. Not my first rodeo with this turd. We used the invoice from 2010 to get all the part numbers for this time. See, were resourceful!
lol, knew you would have an answer...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #703
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
lol, knew you would have an answer...
I have many....
Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #704
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
LOL, you guys are a riot. I'll do my best to keep up and not destroy too many parts. I figured if I sell my other two projects that I would put some of the $$$ aside for a shortblock. Didn't put much thought to the trans and clutch.

Ball busting is okay and I don't mind. I have used a bit of it myself when helping guys tune a carb and get their ignition curve set. I know a lot about that stuff but NOTHING about fuel injection, forced induction or nitrous. I am going to be so lost! Maybe I should be saving up for a professional driver...
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #705
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
LOL, you guys are a riot. I'll do my best to keep up and not destroy too many parts. I figured if I sell my other two projects that I would put some of the $$$ aside for a shortblock. Didn't put much thought to the trans and clutch.

Ball busting is okay and I don't mind. I have used a bit of it myself when helping guys tune a carb and get their ignition curve set. I know a lot about that stuff but NOTHING about fuel injection, forced induction or nitrous. I am going to be so lost! Maybe I should be saving up for a professional driver...
It's more rewarding when you're behind the wheel when your car breaks. Then you have no one to blame but yourself!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #706
pancherj

The best pass I ever made in my IROC ended with a smoke show right past the finish line. I went 11.79 at 115 and the DA was over 3000'. One stock piston gave up its ringlands after too many 7000RPM shifts. It didn't feel rewarding though. You are a sick man LOL.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #707
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

It's rewarding.... Think of all the discussions going on in your head about how to convince the wife it really needs to be repaired... I blew up a motor last October, and then blew up two turbos in March.... I bet there were at least 20 different practice stories going on at the same time...

Ended up not needing them at all, she asked how long it would take to get a replacement turbo.... and if and when you decide to fire at Jaime, be prepared... he shoots to win...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #708
pancherj

I already promised my wife I wouldn't break anything! LOL! You'll have to share some of your practice stories...just in case.

First an foremost, I plan on keeping this a street car, not a race car. Did that sound convincing?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #709
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Keeping it warm for you and its tanked up. I'm sure the neighbors will be glad its gone LOL.

VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #710
VanquisherSS

Quote:
I already promised my wife I wouldn't break anything! LOL! You'll have to share some of your practice stories...just in case.

First an foremost, I plan on keeping this a street car, not a race car. Did that sound convincing?
Pretty convincing, but then you'll hit the gas....hit the strip. That'll change haha. Its a car show winner though. . Best part is just when someone at the show thinks your just all show and no go. Then you get next to them and GO.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #711
pancherj

Love the video. Thanks! Was just surfing the classifieds for Bogarts. There were a few sets, but they were all scarfed up already. I'll have to keep looking.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #712
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

We'll work on that... lol...

Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #713
VanquisherSS

Test drove a car tonight, think its going to be the winner to replace the wrx and camaro. Very happy liked it much more than I thought I would.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #714
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Test drove a car tonight, think its going to be the winner to replace the wrx and camaro. Very happy liked it much more than I thought I would.
If you're happy, what else matters... As long as its legal...

Tags
camaro of the week