Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #71
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Ok, I'm sold. How do you get one. Website says out of stock.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #72
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Omg they still make these scam things? They showed up a lot about 5-6 years ago. All it does is just increase the signal your pedal sends to the ECU. It doesn't improve throttle response. You get the exact same effect by just pressing your gas pedal down farther.

Damn and they sold 100 at $200 a pop? Bravo.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Omg they still make these scam things? They showed up a lot about 5-6 years ago. All it does is just increase the signal your pedal sends to the ECU. It doesn't improve throttle response. You get the exact same effect by just pressing your gas pedal down farther.

Damn and they sold 100 at $200 a pop? Bravo.

Dontfeedthetroll.jpg
Old 09-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #74
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
You are right! It speeds up the signal sent from the pedal to the throttle body. So instead of pushing your pedal down half way now you only have to push it a quarter of the way. So it is instant and you barely have to tap the throttle to get it to speed away instead of having to floor it. Without this I could mash it to the floor and it never felt the way it does with this installed and hitting the pedal now pushes you against the seat hard!! I would buy it all over again. Everyone that has purchased it is totally happy and satisfied like me and think it is the best bang for your buck.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #75
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Dontfeedthetroll.jpg
+1. I guess some people like to feel important by putting something down.
Dangerzoooooone.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #76
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Guess what ? Our Scam just happened to improve the Throttle Response massively!

I will not try to convince you or try to prove if our product works because obviously you will not want to be scammed twice !

Our Scam comes with a 100% money back guarantee if you feel you've being Scammed !

I invite you to read further about all the 100 happy customer's comments and reviews...

FYI: This is not the same device that claim to increase power / It may look similar because we use some existing components to lower the cost...
Old 09-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #77
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
Ok, I'm sold. How do you get one. Website says out of stock.

send him a pm, he will add you to the list, he is just waiting on the harness's from gm.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #78
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
send him a pm, he will add you to the list, he is just waiting on the harness's from gm.

So how long are these on back order. ordered mine last Friday
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #79
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
So how long are these on back order. ordered mine last Friday
Yours was shipped this morning.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #80
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
Yours was shipped this morning.
Wohoooo!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #81
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
You are right! It speeds up the signal sent from the pedal to the throttle body.
No. I will explain below.

Quote:
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.
Actually I do and will go ahead and show that now with plain fact.
Quote:

Guess what ? Our Scam just happened to improve the Throttle Response massively!
Your product has not improved throttle response.
Quote:
I will not try to convince you or try to prove if our product works because obviously you will not want to be scammed twice !

Our Scam comes with a 100% money back guarantee if you feel you've being Scammed !
No thank you.
Quote:
FYI: This is not the same device that claim to increase power / It may look similar because we use some existing components to lower the cost...
Which device are you talking about?
Quote:
I invite you to read further about all the 100 happy customer's comments and reviews...
That is the beauty of it, it gives the feeling of increased throttle response so people then really believe it increases throttle response.

Analysis: So this thing is essentially a carbon copy of the infamous Sprint Booster that showed up about 5 years ago, seen here: http://sprintbooster2.com/

If you check that out and compare you will see that the products perform the same function. It just looks like this company is using Camaro specific parts.

"Throttle response or vehicle responsiveness is a measure of how quickly a vehicle's prime mover, such as an internal combustion engine, can increase its power output in response to a driver's request for acceleration, such as a pedal being pressed."

"Also, many naturally aspirated gasoline engines have better responsiveness than supercharged or turbocharged engines, for engines with similar peak power outputs. However, petrol engine is more likely to suffer from lackluster throttle response due to bad maintenance, fouled spark plugs, bad injectors, etc."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throttle_response

Put another way, throttle response is the measure of time it takes the ENGINE to respond to throttle INPUT. As stated in the quotation above, poor response can be due to worn out ENGINE components.

Thus the only way to increase throttle RESPONSE is to modify ENGINE components.

This product simply alters throttle SENSITIVITY. The signal sent from the pedal to the ECM and then from the ECM to the throttle body sensor, is NOT ALTERED by this kind of device.

You can test it out yourself. Go to a private road, start in 1st or in 1M if auto, turn the booster off. Press the gas pedal to the floor, ie floor it and take note how long it takes for the ENGINE to respond.
Then set your little booster on max or whatever and do the same thing. Press the pedal to the floor instantly.
The engine will respond in exactly the same amount of time because throttle RESPONSE is calculated somewhat specifically as the time from when the THROTTLE BODY opens up, sucking more air into the engine, and then how long it takes for that air to be drawn into the cylinders, mixed with a ratio of fuel, and then detonated.

As others have described, I quote.

" Sprint Booster, for real or scam?"

"I found that really its just giving the car more throttle sooner than you normally do. Thus resulting in a full throttle feeling at half throttle. So this yes may clear the flat spot seemingly but in reality its just giving more gas like you would normally do to get past the flat spot. I dont really like the feeling that at half throttle (pedal travel) I'm pretty much at full throttle at the engine. Its a like or dislike thing. Pretty much its a personal thing too. Maybe you can find someone with one that would let you try it out for a week."

http://www.sunshineminis.org/forums/...p?f=30&t=20264

"As far as the sprint booster, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I appreciate your review. Be careful with your wording though, as it is physcally impossible for this to reduce "lag" (how long it takes for the ECU to react to changes in the accelerator pedal). This only makes the pedal more sensitive, giving the FEELING of reduced lag.

If you like the feel of this, more power to you, but please post back in a month or so, when you have had a chance to get used to the new pedal sensitivity. I have a feeling that you will adjust to it and will eventually forget that it's there."

"I'm just wondering what was wrong with just flooring the car all the time? From what I gathered this thing simply fools ECU into thinking that your accelerator pedal is more to the floor than it actually is. It will definitely create impression of 'more responsive' car as less gas pedal travel is required now for the same effect but it doesn't change a thing in the actual performance of the car. It also must saturate the signal earlier than normal so your 'floor' became closer so to speak."

http://maxima.org/forums/5th-generat...t-booster.html

"They claim faster throttle response, which is not true. They also claim increased throttle response, which is true. It literally just increases the TPS [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]voltage[/COLOR][/COLOR] signal. Shown in that diagram, your foot at 3/4 throttle = full throttle with this installed. So basically, the signal isn't sent faster, it is just inflated. I know for sure I don't want something that decreases my ability to modulate the gas pedal.

The only way I could see this being useful is when you have a mechanical WOT switch below your gas pedal to activate nitrous. With the booster installed, you would already be at 100% throttle when your foot is 3/4 of the way down, then you could push it the rest of the way down to activate your wot switch when you want to spray nitrous."

http://maxima.org/forums/5th-generat...-response.html

All this TOY does is increase the sensitivity of your gas pedal. The same exact effect this product provides can be achieved by simply pressing a stock gas pedal further down more quickly.

Does it make the car more fun? Sure for some, but is it worth $200? That is for you to decide. I am simply pointing out that it does not do what it claims to, and in my eyes, that is a scam.

The only way to increase throttle response is to get a tune, which is particular useful on the V8 models due to the active torque management.

Conclusion: Because this device gives the illusion of faster throttle response, it is by definition a misleading product and thus a scam.

Sorry to those who already bought, had I seen this earlier I would have said something earlier, I just saw this thing today. Too late, they already made a killing.

I am DYING for a response from the vendor
Old 09-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #82
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

I am DYING for a response from the vendor
you quoted the vendor.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #83
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
you quoted the vendor.
Umm yeah? Did you miss my entire post?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #84
PoorMansCamaro

and from my understanding, when you take a stock car, and push the gas 50% of the way down, not only is there a lag, but you also don't get 50% throttle response, you get less. With this, you would get 50% throttle, instantly. basically getting what you want from the car.

Closed Thread