Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you can dodge a shoe, you can dodge a ball.

Do not discuss politics. Discuss Bush's apparent dodgeball skills.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
hilarious.
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
The_Blur

That first one was going straight for his head. He dodged that like a professional.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
The man certainly has his 5 Ds of dodgeball down.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Makes me wonder if all that stuttering and fumbling was all show, the guy looked pretty alert and sharp on that day!!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Personally, I think everyone of his Secret Service detail should be fired. Where the H were they? I thought those guys were suppose to be alert for any signs of danger to the man their protecting. If that'd been a gun or worse we'd have a dead President now.
Matrix, I think his studderings probably cause he doesn't really care for talking to a crowd, I think he's more of a one on one speaker.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Personally, I think everyone of his Secret Service detail should be fired. Where the H were they? I thought those guys were suppose to be alert for any signs of danger to the man their protecting. If that'd been a gun or worse we'd have a dead President now.
Matrix, I think his studderings probably cause he doesn't really care for talking to a crowd, I think he's more of a one on one speaker.
I think they should be given a raise instead.
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
I think it would've sorta amusing to watch 3 Secret Service agents dive in front of the president, screaming, "SHOE!!!!!!!"
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX View Post
I think they should be given a raise instead.
:middlefinger:

He was on the ground in 3 seconds, not a bad reaction considering a shoe was the most dangerous weapon in the room.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Not something the secret service would look for. This isn't the movies, there is no last second save, I would have to agree with Mistercamaro69. Please people, get realistic! Those men did their job as good as can be expected.

WOW, this was like 5 days ago blur, your a little off your game...
Old 12-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The only people in that room were reporters, and you KNOW they were scanned, detected, and whatever else they do lately before they walked into a sealed that room.

On top of that...I doubt they expected of all things, a shoe.

I agree; I though it was kinda funny...because it was a shoe!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
The_Blur

Quote:
They should have been watching. No one has any good reason to be standing at a press conference. Taking off a shoe would require someone to be down for a few seconds, so that should have been enough time to stop the reporter before anything happened. There are all sorts of weapons that can be stored in small places. Imagine if the weapon was a shuriken stored in the shoe. That could be lethal. The SS needs to be prepared for much more than guns and bombs. I'm sure they try very hard, but this particular failure worries me when the next President coming into office has already had an overwhelming number of attempts on his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I think it would've sorta amusing to watch 3 Secret Service agents dive in front of the president, screaming, "SHOE!!!!!!!"
That would be amazing. SNL should have a skit where people throw a bunch of different things at Bush and they have to train to block it. I picture it in a gym:

TRAINER—"This is Presidential Defense Training Class. Our objective is to protect the Commander-in-Chief from a variety of weapons both commonly and uncommonly used against current and past national leaders."

After that, the participating SS agents have to defend a dummy that looks like Bush from a bunch of objects. It would start with bullets and grenades and progress to shoes, pots, paper airplanes, kitchen sinks, rubber chickens, and other ridiculous pieces of equipment. There would probably be bad '80s montage music in the background.

I should definitely write this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Not something the secret service would look for. This isn't the movies, there is no last second save, I would have to agree with Mistercamaro69. Please people, get realistic! Those men did their job as good as can be expected.

WOW, this was like 5 days ago blur, your a little off your game...
I was a little worried that we'd have a bunch of comments from people saying that Bush deserved a couple of shoes to the head.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #13
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
His reaction and dodging skills leaves one to wonder if he routinely had objects thrown at him earlier in life, like high school...

And as far as SS reaction times... Really, if you just saw someone throw a shoe at the President, wouldn't you be just a bit taken aback? I mean a shoe. They're trained to react to guns, grenades, etc, but you just don't expect a shoe, and it is so comically amusing that you would probably be stunned for at least a second.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #14
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
His reaction and dodging skills leaves one to wonder if he routinely had objects thrown at him earlier in life, like high school...
And as far as SS reaction times... Really, if you just saw someone throw a shoe at the President, wouldn't you be just a bit taken aback? I mean a shoe. They're trained to react to guns, grenades, etc, but you just don't expect a shoe, and it is so comically amusing that you would probably be stunned for at least a second.
What is that supposed to mean?

As far as his reaction time, amazing haha
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote