Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
supashane

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
Carburetor nitrous kit made to work on an EFI setup?

The reason I’m asking this, is because I have a friend who has a NOS cheater kit that he isn’t using, and is giving it to me for $150 (if I take it) it’s a year old and he made 10 passes on it with no problems. It doesn’t come with a controller or a plate. But I was wondering if anyone has used a universal kit like that with success in their ls3 or l99. Also I’m assuming if I wanted to make it work with efi or get a lower shot I would just get the lower flare jets (it has a 150 shot jet setup on it currently and id like to start with a 50 or 75) and get either a plate or a fogger to put in the CAI before the throttle body. The only reason I’m considering this is that it’s a cheap deal, but if I’m going to spend $700 or so to get it working I’d rather just buy a new kit. I don’t have many mods currently, just a k&n CAI, axleback, and a diablosport pocket tune on an L99. Looking for opinions, if this whole thing is a bad idea, feel free to slap me upside the head and say don’t do it. Lol. Thanks

*SOLD* 1997 Camaro L36, Arctic white, manual, stock af
supashane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Only the bottle is worth anything, all other parts except maybe the solenoids can't be used on the ls3/l99. Buy his bottle for 60 bucks and leave the rest
Old 08-28-2018, 06:00 AM   #3
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Buy the bottle and solenoids. You need a plate, jets and controller. Imo... call induction solutions, tell them what you have. They will help you. Great guys down there!
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
supashane

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
Only the bottle is worth anything, all other parts except maybe the solenoids can't be used on the ls3/l99. Buy his bottle for 60 bucks and leave the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Buy the bottle and solenoids. You need a plate, jets and controller. Imo... call induction solutions, tell them what you have. They will help you. Great guys down there!
Thanks for the input guys. Sorry if I’m asking obvious questions, I wasn’t considering nitrous until he offered to sell his, I was going to go with a na cam setup originally but was curious to see if this was worth the effort to piece together.

After pricing the parts I need for a plate setup it comes out to roughly the same as getting an new LS3 specific kit with the plate and controller included.

Do you guys have an opinion on using a fogger instead of a plate? If I get his setup then I’ll probably use it as a fogger, adding the plate and controller to his setup has me in the price range of just buying a new kit.

Last edited by supashane; 08-28-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Plate...

Again. I suggest calling I.S. and telling them your plans. They flow the plates and give you jets correctly sized for your application. Saves alot of the guess work that you will have to do with the "kits".
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Grab the bottle and order an NX plate kit from us w/o the bottle to save a few bucks. Used nitrous kits can be sketchy, the wiring usually worries us more then anything. We are an authorized NX dealer and always cut solid deals for board members.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
supashane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Plate...

Again. I suggest calling I.S. and telling them your plans. They flow the plates and give you jets correctly sized for your application. Saves alot of the guess work that you will have to do with the "kits".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Grab the bottle and order an NX plate kit from us w/o the bottle to save a few bucks. Used nitrous kits can be sketchy, the wiring usually worries us more then anything. We are an authorized NX dealer and always cut solid deals for board members.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it

Tags
nitrous, nos