Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
Bruiser

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/Cyber Gray Stripes
It was the James Wood location in Decatur, but they brought the car over from the Denton store. What happenned was I saw they had a Velocity Yellow and a Crystal red Tintcoat car at the Decatur location that were the same but for the color. I starte working a deal on the yellow car and I went to the other location and saw the Inferno Orange car. I asked the slaesperson I was working with if we could make a deal on that car and the rest is history now. I opted for them to add the full length stripes and the full width rear spoiler. Did you see the car there?
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Nice upgrade. Cya on the Corvette Forum.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Excellent move, man!! Good luck to you as well!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #32
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
It was the James Wood location in Decatur, but they brought the car over from the Denton store. What happenned was I saw they had a Velocity Yellow and a Crystal red Tintcoat car at the Decatur location that were the same but for the color. I starte working a deal on the yellow car and I went to the other location and saw the Inferno Orange car. I asked the slaesperson I was working with if we could make a deal on that car and the rest is history now. I opted for them to add the full length stripes and the full width rear spoiler. Did you see the car there?
I think I MAY have SAT in your car! At least, it was the only inferno orange corvette there! I don't remember what day it was but I was having my car serviced. I hate sitting in the waiting room so I walk around the lot. Great looking car!
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #33
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
nice upgrade congrats.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well, our 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS Camaro is gone. We ordered her back on December of '08 and took delivery in July of '09. We drove her for three years and we always pampered her. She had less than 10,000 miles and hardly ever went to WalMart, was never driven in the rain; just generally babied.

I never really liked the L99 and it's super quiet exhaust. Why would Chevy do that? Does the ZL1 get a different engine if you have an automatic? No! How about the Corvette? Does it have a different engine if the car has an auto? No!

Well I stumbled upon the new car while searching the internet for a ZL1. It's Inferno Orange also. I did all the negotiation over the phone and the internet. I was a little concerned that things would change once I arrived at the dealer with my trade (the Camaro) but it didn't.

We drove 600 miles on Friday to James Wood Chevy to do the deal. Our saleperson was Sharon Ballard and she was fantastic with us. Everything went super smooth; it was great! After we signed everything, Sharon gave us a quick brief on the car and we headed off towards the setting sun in our 2012 Grand Sport Corvette.

So I must say goodbye to Camaro5. Thanks to everyone for all the help in the past and best of luck to you in the future.

-Bob George
Congratulations! That is one nice looking Corvette! What is your favorite feature thus far? Please let us know any feedback you may have.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #35
lionofjudea

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Well, our 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS Camaro is gone. We ordered her back on December of '08 and took delivery in July of '09. We drove her for three years and we always pampered her. She had less than 10,000 miles and hardly ever went to WalMart, was never driven in the rain; just generally babied.

I never really liked the L99 and it's super quiet exhaust. Why would Chevy do that? Does the ZL1 get a different engine if you have an automatic? No! How about the Corvette? Does it have a different engine if the car has an auto? No!

Well I stumbled upon the new car while searching the internet for a ZL1. It's Inferno Orange also. I did all the negotiation over the phone and the internet. I was a little concerned that things would change once I arrived at the dealer with my trade (the Camaro) but it didn't.

We drove 600 miles on Friday to James Wood Chevy to do the deal. Our saleperson was Sharon Ballard and she was fantastic with us. Everything went super smooth; it was great! After we signed everything, Sharon gave us a quick brief on the car and we headed off towards the setting sun in our 2012 Grand Sport Corvette.

So I must say goodbye to Camaro5. Thanks to everyone for all the help in the past and best of luck to you in the future.

-Bob George
Walking away in shame and crying !!!!!!

Because yours is BIGGER then mine!!!

Congrats and enjoy the GS!!
lionofjudea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
nice.. congrats!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
tonio25

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to tonio25
Nice ~!!!~ Congrats
Old 07-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #38
Bruiser

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/Cyber Gray Stripes
Orange car

I believe it was the only orange Corvette between the two locations. I know it was the only Grand Sport. So did you sit in the car in Denton or in Decatur? If it was in Decatur, were the stripes on it? I believe they got the car driven over on the 9th and they installed the spoiler and stripes on the 11th and 12th respectively. We drove over on the 13th and drove it away

What is my favorite feature? That's a tough question because it sure does carve it's way thru the turns. I'd have to say my favorite feature goes back to the thing I liked least about the Camaro--the exhaust. It has quite the rumble when you first start it up but then it quiets down becuase of the dual mode exhaust. The initial rumble lets you know that there is something there--the quieting down keeps my wife happy. The dual mode doesn't open again until you hit 3,500 rpm's and the sound stirs something primal inside... I haven't had it there much because Chevrolet says to keep it under 4,000 rpm's for the first 1,500 miles. I have 500 to go and I can't wait!

-Bob George
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote