Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #15
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I'm use to the power now, I wish I had 10K worth of mod money put away to really make it run.

Not that I think it's slow, but I've definitely gotten use to the power. Also running super sticky summer rubber when it's almost 90 outside probably doesn't help. It just hooks and goes.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #16
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I hate the way my '13 SS makes all the other cars I've owned look like crap... Except my '69 Chevelle and '71 Nova.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I think my wife hates it now because I was indifferent to the 5th Gen when they came out but went and bought her a 45th LS. I became smitten, traded the 45th in and bought a 2SS RS and hoard this one all to myself!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #18
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Too generalized I think..

I hate some stock looking Gen5's, totally zzzzzzzzzz, and.....

........ditto for some stock looking Gen6's, totally zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But tastefully mod a Gen5, and I'm sure a Gen6(based on the new photoshopped Zl1 pics I'm seeing anyways), and they suddenly become .

I mean look at Sledge here, totally
I still own a 5th Gen (1LT/RS) with 22's. Love both styles!! I just give it to the 6th Gen SS over my previous 5th Gen SS because of the performance!! That's why I said its the best car I ever drove!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I get nice car comments everytime i drive it.....what exhaust is that? question alot. Let's see.....oh ...what a great colour combo that is. Lots of thumbs up.....and literally every car I'm beside at the stop light has to accelerate faster then me when the lights green. When im out cruising im challenged by eveything with 4 wheels. Sorry Srt 8 392 Jeep.....my bad. I thought this was all I'm my head until my wife started noticing the same things. Sorry what was the question again? Oh ya......sorry OP....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #20
Joey316g
Too many cars

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'll bite.. I do like my car but the interior is a sea of hard plastic. I like the 6th gen interior much much better. I wish they would have made the interior a little more classy in the 5th. I am also partial to the 14/15 only.. Do not like the 10-13 at all.

I got a big ass garage and I'm not afraid to use it.
Joey316g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:48 PM   #21
mushin77

Drives: 2015 Commerative Edition 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
Is there anybody who really dislike the gen 5 and why?

Do you rally think someone that does not like their car would join an enthusiast site and actually post a reply? I mean really if they hate their Camaro I think posting on here is at the very top of their to do list!

Factory Installed "Mods":
Body Color Splitter, ZL1 Spoiler, Commemorative Edition 20 Inch Wheels w/ P-Zero's, CE Edition Badges, CE Silver and Red Accent Stripe, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Shift Knob, Adrenaline Red Leather Dash Accents, Commemorative Edition sill plates. Adrenaline Red stitching throughout.

My Installed Mods:
Cold Air Inductions - cold air intake.
mushin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:05 PM   #22
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Is it the fastest car I've ever owned?.. no. Not the best quality either. High tech? Not really... Comfortable? Well, not bad, but certainly not the best. Handlling? LOL. Mileage? Not even close. Warranty? Nothing special here... Customer service? Certainly lacking compared to other major makes. Hmmmm.... Oh yeah, looks amazing!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #23
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Is it the fastest car I've ever owned?.. no. Not the best quality either. High tech? Not really... Comfortable? Well, not bad, but certainly not the best. Handlling? LOL. Mileage? Not even close. Warranty? Nothing special here... Customer service? Certainly lacking compared to other major makes. Hmmmm.... Oh yeah, looks amazing!
Build quality is light years better than anything made by GM 20 years ago. My buddies '02 SS rattles like a box of legos going down the road and that's a garage kept Vert with 20K on the ODO.

Not trying to start an argument over you talking about weak points lol, just pointing it out. I'm sure it's not high end luxury performance quality but eh it's an assembly line vehicle
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #24
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
El Duderino nails it again! You da man, or should I say 'Dude'!!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #25
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushin77 View Post
Do you rally think someone that does not like their car would join an enthusiast site and actually post a reply? I mean really if they hate their Camaro I think posting on here is at the very top of their to do list!

Yup and all feed back is good....please disregard people with only 1 post...cause they are Challenger or Mustang owners...just a question.
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #26
zach89

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
the gearbox and clutch kind of suck.. other than that no.
zach89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:41 PM   #27
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Hate the weight and the (almost done) car payment, but you work with what you got, and I ain't mad about it.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #28
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
Build quality is light years better than anything made by GM 20 years ago. My buddies '02 SS rattles like a box of legos going down the road and that's a garage kept Vert with 20K on the ODO.

Not trying to start an argument over you talking about weak points lol, just pointing it out. I'm sure it's not high end luxury performance quality but eh it's an assembly line vehicle
Oh, yesssssss.... : ) My '73 Monte Carlo (454, Swivel Buckets, Telescopic/Tilt Wheel) Was literally falling apart by '78. Leaked like a seive!

All the US majors have stepped-up in quality, but they really had no choice with Toyota and Honda blowing them out of the water quality wise.

Possibly the worst car I ever owned was a '96 Mustang. I wreaked when the factory tires let loose on a wet corner at about 30 mph. Nothing but issues with that one. That being said, I bought an '07 4wd Edge that was simply flawless. Rock solid from top to bottom and not a single issue, ever with that car. I was a firm believer in Ford at that point as far as a turnaround in quality. Bought a brand new '12 Lincoln MKz after that and it was equally solid. My purchase decision was made easier in that Ford was the one US major who declined bailout money, but went to bat for their competitors, when the question of their (GM, Chrysler) demise was raised.

My second choice for quality is Dodge actually. Bought a new '99 V8 Dakota 4/4 Club Cab. Had an issue with undersized rotors (to be honest, I think that wasn't too long after they outlawed asbestos for pads). But the service department kicked in (Chrysler authorized) to buy me a pair of aftermarket rotors (later, Chrysler modified the part) and I just paid for installation. Normally, roters were not covered under warranty. But that was litterally the only problem I had with that truck and I think I put about 80k on it before I traded it.

Chevy is good quality. But I have the convertible and can't for the life of me believe this went through any kind of real QC. GM could seriously could use a lesson from BMW on how to construct a convertible top that is easy, solid and trouble free. Just rolling down the driver window with the top up, the top jumps around and makes me very nervous.

But yes, comparing production line vehicles, unfortunately I cannot give my Camaro top marks. Far, far above previous decades... but they still have a lot of room for improvement. Oil pump anyone?