Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
LT's Ordered!

Next week they get installed.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Congrats! What did you order?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Lettttttt the flaming and bashing begin....... OBX
Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Ordered the Stainless Power Long Tube Headers (1 7/8" x 3") w/high flow cats from Maryland Speed yesterday at lunch and they shipped same day. Haven't used them (MD) before, but see them here on the forums and their price and shipping speed are impressive. Should pair nicely with my Stainless Works retro catback I installed from Apex previously...it's going to be loud though

I should get them Friday, so I'll probably install them myself on Sunday. After that, I need to figure out the whole tune situation. Haven't done one before, but looking into pricing now. More than I thought it would be for the mail order, so checking local now (ADM) to see what they can do.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
Ordered the Stainless Power Long Tube Headers (1 7/8" x 3") w/high flow cats from Maryland Speed yesterday at lunch and they shipped same day. Haven't used them (MD) before, but see them here on the forums and their price and shipping speed are impressive. Should pair nicely with my Stainless Works retro catback I installed from Apex previously...it's going to be loud though

I should get them Friday, so I'll probably install them myself on Sunday. After that, I need to figure out the whole tune situation. Haven't done one before, but looking into pricing now. More than I thought it would be for the mail order, so checking local now (ADM) to see what they can do.
Congrats man, you are going to love the headers.

I highly suggest a dyno tune, its well worth it and should not be more than $500.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Congrats guys! So SSteven, about that power train warranty...

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
SSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post
Congrats guys! So SSteven, about that power train warranty...
After meeting with you guys, I started thinking about it more...good bye PT warranty.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
dswells11

Drives: 2011 1SS LS3
Congrats! I just put my TSP LTs on! Love them! It was a pretty easy and fun install, especially when you done... cranking the car is like your first Christmas! hahaha!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
dswells11

Drives: 2011 1SS LS3
I'm going to get my tune done by Jannetty. It will be a mail order for now. Any time I have ever reached out to them or had questions they have always been extremely helpful and know their stuff. Getting it dyno tuned is the best way to go when tuning your car, from what I've heard anyways, since its custom to your personal car.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswells11 View Post
I'm going to get my tune done by Jannetty. It will be a mail order for now. Any time I have ever reached out to them or had questions they have always been extremely helpful and know their stuff. Getting it dyno tuned is the best way to go when tuning your car, from what I've heard anyways, since its custom to your personal car.
You will be fine though for now, a mail tune is ok for something as simple as headers and CAI only. If you get more done, a dyno tune will really be what you want.

Enjoy the setup man!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I order From Maryland Speed yesterday myself, Stainless Power 1 7/8" along with the CAI deal they have going on. I didn't expect to get the shipment so quickly, I had to have the package held at UPS so we can pick it up because we can't sign for it in time!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post

Thanks for the order!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #13
SSteven

They got in yesterday, so they made it from MD to TX in 2 days. I installed them yesterday evening and they sound good paired with my retro catback. I can smell them now, but I understand they have a break in period (for smell) and my fuel ratio is running rich now. Now I just need to get a tune which should help.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #14
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Holy hell! Magna flow cat back long tubes and no cat is LOUD.