Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
GTA: Online Tips and Tricks

So decided to make this thread to help out any one looking for some tips or advice on how to advance through Online mode. Right now I'm currently level 29 and about a bar from 30. I currently own a high end apartment bought at $223k and own a few cars, Conquette (C7 Corvette), Gauntlet (Camaro/Challenger), Sabre Turbo (Chevelle). Here are some tips I have learned along the way.

There is no need to run to an ATM machine when you need to make a deposit. All that can actually be done from your phone.

Do not bother buying the most expensive apartment ($400k) I found out that the high end apartments have the almost exact same layout. The only difference is the location and where you can look out at the city out of your windows. My $223k apartment is the exact same size as a player I met who purchased the $400k one. They both also have 10 car Garages.

Once you own a garage you have the ability to call a mechanic on the phone to personally deliver one of your cars to wherever you are.

Driving your car into your personal garage completely repairs it.

Violent Ducts (Mission) is hands down the fastest way to make money in the game. I made my last $100k within 45 min. Although I did read off the Official GTA forums a poster had said this mission had been patched on the PS3. I haven't heard any official word, but it may not be available for long.

Opening up your phone, choosing Quick Jobs then Find Mission gives you a chance of joining someone elses session of Violent Ducts if you have not gotten it yet

Outside of Violent Ducts and a couple other missions the fastest way to make money is racing. The reason being that you don't have to spend money replenishing ammo or body armor. What I did was the Cutting Corners race which was about a mile long, set it to 1 lap and repeatedly did it with 2 other friends. The race took us about 1 min 30 sec and if you won you could see as high as $4k or if you lost around $1.4k In a race with more players everyone will get money up to 6th place I have seen. Doing these races also affects your Driving Stats.

I cant exactly tell completely but i have a hunch that dying in a mission can cause you to lose a bit of money. Not as much as free roam though

Running into your apartment when cops have lost sight of you causes you to lose your wanted level.

When you have a bounty on your head no one can kill you in your apartment even if you invite them in.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Wow, already 29. Nice! I'd be much higher but everyday they seem to wipe our characters and I have to start over.

Here's some good tips from PMC (from the other thread), suitable for this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
General Pro Tips:
  • Dying costs 5% of your bank (maxing at 5k) so try to avoid getting in fights with random players.
  • Passive mode is not invincibility. You're still vulnerable to being shot from a car and being run over.
  • When robbing a store, kill the store keeper and take the money out of the register for more.
  • You can sell cars to any auto-shop once every in-game day (around 48 minutes) which usually goes for 4-9k.
  • Luxery Sedans and high end SUVs are the highest paying car when selling cars to the auto-shop.
  • You can withdraw/deposit cash safely from your phone.
  • All your progress online before the brown sync icon appears will be lost on turning off your console, selecting Leave GTA Online will save your progress.
  • The Radio Mirror Park radio station is the best station.
  • You can also shut down your console if you lost a great sum of money and haven't synced yet to restore your previous save.
  • When you find a good farming mission, repeat as much as possible. Most good farming missions you cannot choose to join and usually end up joining by random.
  • You run faster with no weapons out I think?
  • Gerald's missions seem to pay the highest. Would like to know if anyone has found any higher paying missions.
  • I found a crowbar on the death-match mission on the boat and got to keep it afterwards. It's awesome.
  • If you're not finding good matches on Quick Job try swapping sessions by pressing Find New Session.
  • Buying Armor before a session is usually worth it. It's cheaper then the 2k death penalty.
  • Blue moving objective points that aren't auto GPS tracked will appear under Quick GPS.
  • If a player in your passenger sets a GPS route on the map, it will also appear on your map.
  • Simeon's missions are time consuming and not worth the payout compared to Gerald's missions.
  • Use Find New Session to quickly warp back to your garage/apartment.
  • If you get a phone call from an AI, your characters lips will move, it's pretty funny.
  • When buying an apartment/garage, you will sell your already owned property and get about half the value back to contribute to the purchase.
  • Only the host needs to be the required level to start a mission. Anyone can play with anyone regardless of level requirements.
  • Press RT to vote for replay mission after everyone has liked even if the option is not shown.
  • Mashing jump up hills is faster then running.
  • Sports/Super cars must be bought through the ultimate motors website to keep in your garage, sell or modify.
  • Don't quit golf/tennis/shooting range etc. because you are losing. You still get rp (experience) for losing and for being a good sport you will get monetary rewards. Plus you still get points towards your skills. Races can be done solo. They can give 500-1000 rp each time alone which can be a great experience booster. Keep in mind though that it costs 100 each time.
  • Players drop 100 every time they die, in addition to any funds they are carrying.
  • You have to start a solo/private game from the pause menu.
  • Blowing up other players owned vehicles deems you a bad sport, so be careful on your drive-by stick-bomb sprees.
  • On the other hand, shooting the all the tires out of a players personal vehicle is totally okay.
  • Heritage can influence character height in Character Creation.
  • How you set your time spent in character creation can affect how you look, though apparently some of these can be removed when you get an apartment.
  • Stores can be re-robbed immediately if you swap sessions.
  • Driving a car into an auto-shop gets rid of your wanted level.
  • Cops will sometimes chase you if the car you are driving is stolen.
  • All clothing stores have the same options for different items.
  • To unlock car upgrades you need to run races with that class of car and level up.
  • Holding back allows you to split up money that you get from robberies.
  • Wear a mask when you rob a place and remove it once you exit to drop your wanted level by 1 star.
Good Money Farming Missions:

[Violent Duct - 2-3 Minutes - 9k Payout - Gerald Mission]
  • Fastest money making method right now.
  • Run on easy for the fastest run.
  • Don't immediately gun at the start, instead sneak in from the left entrance and you can do a sweep in like 20 seconds.
  • Recommended 3-4 person party. Host must be level 15+.
  • Kill the gang and have a smooth ride to the drop off.
  • Nice, now keep yo mouth shut about me, ya hear.
[Meth'd up - 3-4 Minutes - 5k Payout - Gerald Mission]

• Low level requirement, can't remember exact.
  • Drive/run straight to the RV and drive straight to the drop off. Driving off road to the objective will make your life a lot easier by avoiding most of the enemies.
[A Titan of a Job - 6-9 Minutes - 10k Payout - Trevor Mission]

• Recommended 4-6 person party. Host must be level 24+.
  • Run on easy for the fastest run.
  • Have your team attack the hanger from both sides as you make your wait in, move the truck that's in-front of the aircraft and take off. Enjoy your smooth flight back and don't crash.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Hey I totally forgot to say something I read on the GTA forums 5thGenOwner. They are saying that you aren't really losing your character. They are in the process of continually putting up more servers but the process of transferring the data from the other servers up and running is a bit slow. But your character is still there. UNFORTUNATELY by creating a new character that character that hasnt been transferred to the new server gets erased.

That was from GTA support
Old 10-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

[October 4, 2013] GTA V Title Update 1.02 Notes

Rockstar_logo
Rockstar Games
Last updated 9 hours ago
Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

Also just read that with the patch Violent Ducts is no longer replayable.