Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
thenaz
Thenaz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS BLK GFX IOI/STRIPE TVS
Question MagnaCharger TVS 2300 - What fuel injectors & pulley are supplied on standard model?

I have seen & read alot about the MagnaCharger TVS 2300 and know it comes with new injectors and a pulley, but what is the pound rating and brand of the supplied injectors and what is the standard supplied pulley? Also, can it be ordered with higher output fuel injectors and different diameter pulleys directly from where-ever purchased? I think alot of us have been wondering about what we will get if we order the standard MagnaCharger TVS 2300. If anyone knows please enlighten me (or others who are also wondering).
Also, the Computer needs to be sent off and get reprogrammed but is that just for the MagnaCharger only or does other things like CAI and Headers and Cat Backs alter that programing also?
Is it required to Dyno the ride to get it in tune enough to be safe and not destroy the motor or can we just plug and play?
Thanks in advance for this wonderful Camaro5 forum. Alot of good advice can be found here.
The Naz
thenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
I would also like to know this. In Colorado I know i will have to change pullys to achive 6-7 lbs of boost. I think it comes with a 3.8 so for me maybe a 3.6?
camaro692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
The pulley is 3.8 and I beleive the injectors are 50. I went with the 3.0 pulley at get exactly 10 boost across the board. I also went with FAST 65 injectors as it might be a good idea for anyone to go bigger if you plan on doing more upgrades in future.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
thenaz
Thenaz

jrpxxii,
A few questions if you don't mind.
Did you have to Dyno tune your ride or just upload software and then just plug it in and play?
At 10 boost did you have to increase fuel demands with a Boost-A-Pump or something similar?

In higher altitudes like CAMARO692 in Colorado, you would want the smaller pulleys to make up for lost hp due to thinner atmosphere, right?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
thenaz, yes you want a smaller pulley to make up for lost boost due to the thin air in altitude. Im just not sure what kind of loss i will be looking at
camaro692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
jrpxxii

I have many mods done to my car so I had it specifically tuned for everything. I made 627hp and 655torque. I have a Boost a Pump installed. Sending them your computer will be fine if this is all your doing. I prefer the personal tunes as you can dial anything in to perfection at a shop who knows what their doing.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
thenaz
Thenaz

Thanks jrpxxii,
I just want to get it all together by myself and plug and play with no real worries about wrong programming destroying it. I just installed the Hurst shifter myself and it was easy. I have built a nice 3 bay garage with central heat & air & restroom. The center bay has 14 ft ceiling and am having a BendPak XPR-10ACX Asymetric lift being installed this week so I can work on my Camaro and a 69 Mach-1 428 cobrajet 4sp. My Camaro upgrades are to be Cold Air Inductions CAI, American Racing longtube headers with cats & x-pipe to the stock mufflers, and a TVS 2300 Magnacharger with the 3.8 or 3.6 pulley. My wife says I can have my midlife crisis with a car but not with another women. She is the best. Boy am I lucky.
One more question With the setup I described above do you think I'd need a boost-a-pump or larger injectors? This is for daily fun driving 50 miles back and forth to work.

Last edited by thenaz; 10-26-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: corrected spelling and grammer etc.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
jrpxxii

Yes I would recommend getting larger injectors with a boost a pump as that setup will offer some good numbers but not without fuel. My motto is install what you can but do it wisely as if you miss a crucial step in the process, you wont benefit anyways, so do it right the first time and you wont be going back and doing work that could have been done the first time around. I still have a huge list I am going with but WOW this gets expensive quick. I am tackling my drivetrain, clutch, etc before I go further as these pieces will start failing with anymore mods. You will be pleasantly surprised with your setup as it really awakens the potential your car has.