Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #57
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Hmmm, and I thought I was doing something wrong.

I picked up my 2SS/RS yesterday afternoon, and about 10 mins into driving, I pulled over to hook up my iPhone.

I have an iPhone 3G, that I recently upgraded to OS4. When I hooked it up, it said that the device wasn't optimized for this iPhone and I can't get any music to play on the stereo at all.

Glad to know it wasn't me being stupid. That it is an issue.
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #58
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Hmmm, and I thought I was doing something wrong.

I picked up my 2SS/RS yesterday afternoon, and about 10 mins into driving, I pulled over to hook up my iPhone.

I have an iPhone 3G, that I recently upgraded to OS4. When I hooked it up, it said that the device wasn't optimized for this iPhone and I can't get any music to play on the stereo at all.

Glad to know it wasn't me being stupid. That it is an issue.
You should be able to get it to play music, it's just if you "skip" several songs in a row, you might get the problem where the iPhone "freezes" and stops playing music.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #59
Lurker67

Drives: Toyota Tundra
All,

I just drove my 2011 2LT home and had a playlist all set to blast - on my iPhone 3GS with OS4 upgrade.

needless to say - it does not work properly, I had to plug and unplug the phone many times.. then when I got to my playlist it would play for 2-3 minutes, then a 3 second burst of white noise... then music then more white noise... then music for a bit... eventually it went all white noise and that was the end of it... unusable.

Once home - I got my old iPod classic - connected it in and it works perfectly as you would expect.

So there is a software mismatch someplace with iPhone and the car.
I have not checked the firmware rev on the radio.. (can I?)
Status: (3000) Order Accepted by Production Control - May 20,2010
TPW: 6/14/10
Status: (3300) Order Scheduled for Production - May 26, 2010

Lurker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #60
TMX85

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT A6
I've finally joined the club, after a few days of perfect playback my Iphone is now just a brick when its hooked up. It charges and will play a song or two if I do not search for anything but then freezes and does not work. This is bull, my 3g worked flawlessly!
Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
TMX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #61
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Tried both hard and soft reset, no fix.
iPhone 3G 16GB worked fine with my Camaro until OS4.0... menus load slow, quick search by letter/# no longer works no matter how fast I spin the dial.
1700+ songs
Sync works but an error message pops up (something about a copy of my iPhone )

Was planning on upgrading to the iPhone 4 when they're available in white... hope GM creates a patch by then.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #62
Bistem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I refuse to upgrade my OS till I see that this is fixed. Still on OS 3.1.3
Old 07-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #63
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Buy an iPod Nano and just leave it in the car. It's what I did. Love it. Now I never forget my iPhone in my Camaro.
had a 120GB ipod classic before i bought the camaro, i just leave that in it now.

i dont usually plug my iphone into the usb for music but i needed to charge it last night so this the first time ive plugged the iphone4 into the car, everything worked fine until about 12 songs in, the audio went to static, the kind of static you get when you turn on an old school tv without the cable wire plugged in. had to unplug and plug back in the phone and everything worked find after that. oh and the static only affected the phone, fm and xm worked fine, switching back to the phone was still static.
2001 Pontaic Grand Prix GTP
2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Tifa's breasts were unavailible for comment.
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #64
samskillz

Drives: 2010 v6 2LT
Hey kind of same problem here, problem after 3-4 days of OS4 on my 3gs 16g my phone just stopped reading, no charge no nothing as if the wires tapped out. (i tried different wires before i read others were having a problem)

Im a college student whose on my phone 24/7 i lived off my charge i got in my car every time i entered it!

Ive tried the hard reset, soft reset, disconnecting the blue tooth and re-syncing and now im syncing with iTunes again as mentioned above, willing to try anything or possibly downgrade to OS3 if need be. (OS3 w/ Camaro> OS4 w/ no Camaro) on that not does anyone have a link to downgrade =D ?

Thanks hopefully well all be happy soon with our OS4 properly working again. This could be the sole reason of not getting the new iPhone 4 for me! =(
samskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #65
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by samskillz View Post
Hey kind of same problem here, problem after 3-4 days of OS4 on my 3gs 16g my phone just stopped reading, no charge no nothing as if the wires tapped out. (i tried different wires before i read others were having a problem)

Im a college student whose on my phone 24/7 i lived off my charge i got in my car every time i entered it!

Ive tried the hard reset, soft reset, disconnecting the blue tooth and re-syncing and now im syncing with iTunes again as mentioned above, willing to try anything or possibly downgrade to OS3 if need be. (OS3 w/ Camaro> OS4 w/ no Camaro) on that not does anyone have a link to downgrade =D ?

Thanks hopefully well all be happy soon with our OS4 properly working again. This could be the sole reason of not getting the new iPhone 4 for me! =(
Your phone isn't charging? That doesn't sound like any problem I've heard of with iOS4. Sound like a hardware problem to me...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #66
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I cant get anything to work in my car. Need to go back to the dealer i suppose. My kid's Zune, my iPhone, nor a usb flashdrive works.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #67
popeye705

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2LT RS/ 03 Protege
my iphone 4 works fine just sometimes itll be playing fine then about to switch to a new song then just constant static....which sucks when its loud just disconnect then reconnect and it may or may not do it again that drive. Ya I'm about to buy a nano on ebay to leave in there this is getting ridiculous
popeye705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #68
Stoutgutt

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro 1SS
So, it seems that my 3GS with iOS4 has all of the problems discussed in this thread, plus one that is very irritating...

Occasionally, my music will play from my iPhone at the same time the radio is playing!!! This happens when using either USB or audio input.

Has anyone else had this happen?

iOS4 has proven to be a retched upgrade so far... Freezing, crashing, power consumption, and photo resolution... But, come on! Both chevy and apple need to get their acts together here. This is just another example of rushing product to market without performing solid software assurance tests. Users beware, and vendors be damned.

Does anyone know how to obtain a softcopy of the radio/pdim software so that I can do a code review. Not sure how to pull it from the firmware.

I am going in for an oil change and hope to bug the chevy mechanics until I get a copy... and a flash to the latest version.

Likewise it would be interesting to get a copy of the onstar software to see if it's Bluetooth could be exploited. It would really suck if someone could execute unlock and engine start commands by overflowing that interface.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #69
Grbspltt

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS 6M Wht W/ Blk Rally
I had the 3GS with no problem, then I upgraded to iOS4 a started getting the white noise static problem. A few days ago my pre ordered iPhone 4 showed up and now the iPod is completely un-useable, white static noise, locking up, etc. Just gonna have to try the bluetooth thing. Grr...I like having ipod controls on the radio.

I don't see why you guys are buying iPods and leaving it in the car. You can get a USB thumb drive and the car will recognize it as a device with music in it. Save yourself some money.
Grbspltt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #70
CruiseControl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grbspltt View Post
I don't see why you guys are buying iPods and leaving it in the car. You can get a USB thumb drive and the car will recognize it as a device with music in it. Save yourself some money.

Because....if you use iTunes to manage your music on your CPU, there is no straightforward way to transfer your playlists to a USB drive. I know it can be done using additional software, but not in iTunes and therefore it is a pain in the ***.

I like to just plug it in and sync it. Done. Easy.

Worth buying a Nano if you ask me.
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote