Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #127
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
[QUOTE=Jak;52813]Man, I've never felt so strongly for a car as I am this one.

Could not of said it better than that, I agree 100%. If this car is supercharged! all i have to say is if i was offered a Lambo at the same price i would take the camaro in a heart beat, seriously. No I take that back, I'd take the lambo, sell it and get the camaro, and a vett!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #128
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
If it was a Whine, I would think either Supercharger or gear driven cam, if it is a Whistle I would think more of a Turbo than a Supercharger.
but either is ok by me.
Great work Guys, Keep it up!!!
I hope to god it isn't turbo charged... Someone on here said the front vent wasn't open on the car the only explination that i have is that they're going with a cowl induction supercharger. Wouldn't it be great if this was gm's first OHC/DOHC supered engine? i know it would make it less like it's predicessors, but honestly OHC/DOHC make better power... look at the original ZR1...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #129
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Quote:
I hope to god it isn't turbo charged... Someone on here said the front vent wasn't open on the car the only explination that i have is that they're going with a cowl induction supercharger. Wouldn't it be great if this was gm's first OHC/DOHC supered engine? i know it would make it less like it's predicessors, but honestly OHC/DOHC make better power... look at the original ZR1...
DOHC makes for a more expensive and top-heavy engine too. Not what I want in a Camaro.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Someone on here said the front vent wasn't open on the car the only explination that i have is that they're going with a cowl induction supercharger.
Not sure who said that...but in reality - the reason for the vent not being functional (or open at all) is because the hood latch is right there.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #131
Punchy

Drives: Dub
I work at the desert proving grounds. The car's sweet....that's all I'm going to say.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #132
black_camaro_SS

Drives: 13 BOSS LS
Send a message via AIM to black_camaro_SS
My mustang fanatic friend said that they can't make the camaro better than the mustang. But as we know General wouldn't let that happen. And to shove it in his face i showed him that the v6 model carris 300 horses just like the mustang gt, and the SS will crush any mustang including gt500 and kr. Owned....!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #133
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
I work at the desert proving grounds. The car's sweet....that's all I'm going to say.
Lucky Bastard, how about some better pics.

Or drop us a hint the next time it will be out on the streets.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #134
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
welcome to both punchy and black_camaro_ss.
punchy, can u tell us if the ss has the spoiler like the concept? and can u clarify if it is a "whine" or "whisle" sound from the motor?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #135
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I am wondering about the whistling sound. It would lead me to think that it is supercharged as well except for one thing......the hood vent is not open. It would stand to reason the the General would open the vent on an S/C car. I'm thinking the whistiling noise might just be the pulleys on a high compression engine. It is getting really exciting on the boards now all these finds are great!
here it is dragoneye i just hope that they put some sort of grille insert there or get rid of it all together then... kind of a drag that they can't engineer it to be a functional piece of the car... cowel is better induction though it is a higher air pressure area on the car....
Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #136
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
True, but we are talking "forced" induction now. Cowl induction was used to get every last HP from an NA motor at speed (a la Nascar) but isnt needed in this situation. Thats blower is gonna suck in whatever air (and possibly birds) it can from wherever. Maybe something like a FTRA could be used to get plenty of cool air into the blower. I do like the little scoop though, hopefully they can just move the latch over and have a straight shot to the intake.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #137
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
... look at the original ZR1...
That engine, which I believe was DOHC and had an aluminum block, weighed as much as the standard iron block 5.7L. Plus, only a few years later the LS engines were making about as much power, at lower cost, at a lower weight.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #138
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Tell us everything you know!!! lol

Welcome to the site!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #139
camarolove

Drives: Yukon XL DENALI, DODGE DAKOTA
Has anyone mentioned anything about colors? It would be nice to know what would be available. I am loving the SS. I am feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #140
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolove View Post
Has anyone mentioned anything about colors? It would be nice to know what would be available. I am loving the SS. I am feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve!!
see this - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2393

Closed Thread