Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Vmax TB Install?

So i installed my new throttle body today and when i went to turn it on i got a Service Stabilitrak CEL. does anyone have any experience with this issue or might know a possible solution? I've checked all my connections and plugs and there doesn't seem to be an issue with them.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
This very common (even to be expected if you didn't disconnect your battery during install). Simply unplugging the TB electrical connection nearly always triggers a CEL.

After a few miles it will clear itself unless there's a real issue.

BTW- it is also normal for the Stabiltrak light to come on momentarily with each start-up. Some folks just don't notice it until they've done a mod.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
This very common (even to be expected if you didn't disconnect your battery during install). Simply unplugging the TB electrical connection nearly always triggers a CEL.
That's not true. Ive installed dozens and never disconnected the battery and never had an issue or a code.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
code

i had the same problem. but my tb was defective. when they sent the new one the same thing happened but once i cleared the codes it went away.

iam in southern nh if you need a hand figuring it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So i installed my new throttle body today and when i went to turn it on i got a Service Stabilitrak CEL. does anyone have any experience with this issue or might know a possible solution? I've checked all my connections and plugs and there doesn't seem to be an issue with them.
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Tried the battery disconnect and it cleared the CEL drove 60 mi. tonight no CEL triggered after a few stops either so that post i read somewhere about possible reminant power was probably correct.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 09-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
How do you like the TB? Does it work as advertised?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Ignore this mod. The effect is minimal with the LLT. Go for CAI or headers or the icolater. They are worth it.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Disagree with last post, this mod is AWESOME and I could not be happier.

Evil Bee, did you you have a torque wrench for the bolts? I mean the 4 bolts for the TB are like barley tightened down, forget the spec off top of head, but its like 1/8 turn after finger tight. Maybe you over torqued and it's leaking? Also how did the gasket look when you took the old one off?

Hope it gets figured out. If you sent your core back I have my old stock TB in case you need to send your unit back and get another one shipped out. I could lend you the stock TB until you are set up.
EDIT: Sorry saw yours is an LS.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Lawl thx for the support it's all good now no issues and there's a significant difference maybe someone who has only driven their car a few hundred or thousand miles may not notice it but my cars at 71,000 miles and i do very much notice the throttle response difference. Like Muscle Car Lover said above i have the LS which has smaller gears so i'm not sure if the LT's with the higher torque gears will notice the difference as much but it is there. Next mods are the Iceolator and Headers w/Hi flows though so i'm excited for those and thetune i'll need before next march to pass inspection.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 AM   #10
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post

Evil Bee, did you you have a torque wrench for the bolts? I mean the 4 bolts for the TB are like barley tightened down, forget the spec off top of head, but its like 1/8 turn after finger tight. Maybe you over torqued and it's leaking? Also how did the gasket look when you took the old one off?

Hope it gets figured out. If you sent your core back I have my old stock TB in case you need to send your unit back and get another one shipped out. I could lend you the stock TB until you are set up.
Man dont judge this mod based on your LS3, I had it on my previous LLT and I have it now on my new L99. You are talking about the same mod on two different cars.

With the V8 it works very well, with the LLT (it is a waste of money) and you have my word on it !!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Man dont judge this mod based on your LS3, I had it on my previous LLT and I have it now on my new L99. You are talking about the same mod on two different cars.

With the V8 it works very well, with the LLT (it is a waste of money) and you have my word on it !!

Good for you, to each his own opinion yours has been voiced, listened to and frankly your experience is probably not the only one but neither is muscle car lovers or mine on the opposite end of the spectrum. So you had a less then expected experience, this thread was initially a troubleshoot thread not one of those is it worth it threads. So let's let the dead horse in the room stay dead and not keep kicking it.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post

I just used a ratchet wrench there's no reason for anything more i get the feeling if i used a torque wrench with my **bulging muscles i'd break one of the bolts by accident.

** May not be an accurate representation of posters muscles they could be even bigger who knows.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Ignore this mod. The effect is minimal with the LLT. Go for CAI or headers or the icolater. They are worth it.
This was a bone stock LLT for base run and then added TB from Tampa Tuning and iceolater. What doesn't show up is that its much more smooth with throttle response. My wife doesn't know anything about cars and said it felt like it drove better when she pressed the gas (this was her cars Dyno)
Attached Images

jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
TB is one of the best first simple mods one can buy for our 5th Gen V6 cars.

You have my word on it!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote