Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #113
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Ask if they can send me one early...preferably a 2SS CGM with orange interior. Thanks
Old 12-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #114
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
Fairly new to the Forum here, what does IDL stand for? And what exactly is it? I have seen the term many times, but not sure I understand. I am interested in learning as much as I can about my 2SS/RS that is ordered!

Thanks!
I forget what it stands for but it's like a teleconference between GM and dealers nationwide for them to share info.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #115
Sanouk

Drives: all US
Who knows the date for the official orders ?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #116
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
Fairly new to the Forum here, what does IDL stand for? And what exactly is it? I have seen the term many times, but not sure I understand. I am interested in learning as much as I can about my 2SS/RS that is ordered!

Thanks!
Interactive Distance Learning. I think it was answered below, but it is a remote learning session for dealers. It is for dealers only, but knowing this site we should know what was covered shortly after the session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
Ok. january 9th 12 and 3 on channel 6---------------------you are talking about cable 6 on the tv right?? the public broadcasting station??
No. Dealers only closed broadcasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanouk View Post
Who knows the date for the official orders ?
What do you mean official orders?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #117
Sanouk

-> no pre-order

With a true order form and all the official prices...
With details of the options with delivery date with a number of chassis

Excuse my bad language

Last edited by Sanouk; 01-04-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: no complete
Old 01-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #118
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanouk View Post

-> no pre-order

With a true order form and all the official prices...
With details of the options with delivery date with a number of chassis

Excuse my bad language
No bad language at all. I just wasn't sure exactly what you meant. So GM is going to have a first consensus period this month. That will determine how many Camaros they can produce in the first month. That should give some idea of how many of the first 10,000 orders will be filled in the first month. It will also tell how long it will take to fill the 10,000 orders (roughly). So, I think that you could place an "official" order sometime after that point. However, official pricing has been released (at least in the US and Canada) and you can place an order here that gives you an official GM order number. And any order you place any time ("official" or pre-order) would not yield a delivery date or chassis number (VIN) until the order gets to a certain point in the process. So, what I am saying is that the pre-orders are no different than an order that you would place in say 6-months. I hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #119
Sanouk

Thanks to you
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #120
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1121 View Post
During the next dealer IDL, would you mind asking a couple of items?

1.) I know they need to ramp up production, but what is the target number of vehicles they are looking to make for February, March and April?

2.) No one at GM has been able to provide a straight answer about the timetable for GMS or Employee pricing to be offered. On the G8, GM offered it 4 weeks after the initial release. Will it be similiar on the Camaro, or is it planned for much latter down the line?

I'd be more concerned with some exact information as to interior colors before its too late to make changes. We still don't have any specific information on if the inserts are on all interiors, or if the whole interior is going be one color etc.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #121
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
I'd be more concerned with some exact information as to interior colors before its too late to make changes. We still don't have any specific information on if the inserts are on all interiors, or if the whole interior is going be one color etc.
Yeah, that's one of the main things I'm wondering about before I finalize my order. Hopefully we find out this Friday.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #122
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Interiors

So, did Chevy ever post any pic of the interior options? I chose grey and don't know what it will look like. Anything official yet?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #123
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
The service department will have the mileage written down once it arrives to the dealership, they will drive it approximitley 1-2 miles during he PDI process, this will be done by one of the mechanics. Any sold order from my place will NOT be driven by anyone else except the salesperson and or lot attendant filling it up after the customer has seen it and ok'd that happening!. Let you dealwer know you do NOT want anyone driving it above what is required and I am sure thay will make sure it stays safe until you can arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Try to answer this. Is there any documentation that leaves the factory with the car that would indicate odometer mileage when the car is loaded on the truck?

There is another thread on the topic but maybe you can answer it here.
Is there anything documenting the mileage that the dealer should have when they take delivery that we can see to compare? This would be one way of knowing just how much the car is driven after the dealer takes delivery and how much possibility someone has taken it for a joy ride and possibly abused the car. I'm sure most dealers would not do that but there are probably some that would

My dealer will probably have my car for a week or more before I can get home to get it.; I will be working in Colorado and will need to take time off to go to Oregon to get my car. I am hoping my dealer doesn't think he can use my car as a demo till I can get there. There should not be more than just a few miles on it when I get there.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #124
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Ok so I asked them for you and they said.....................not so much but thanks for playing Hang in there your baby will be coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Ask if they can send me one early...preferably a 2SS CGM with orange interior. Thanks

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #125
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

So far I am hearing it will NOT be available to be added as an after the fact option! Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelson View Post
How about asking if they plan on the HUD being something that dealers can install in the first run cars once it's finally released?

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Old 01-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #126
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

The GMS and Supplier discounts will be offered at jump street, so if you qualify you are good to go. I was not able to ask your other question, I am sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1121 View Post
During the next dealer IDL, would you mind asking a couple of items?

1.) I know they need to ramp up production, but what is the target number of vehicles they are looking to make for February, March and April?

2.) No one at GM has been able to provide a straight answer about the timetable for GMS or Employee pricing to be offered. On the G8, GM offered it 4 weeks after the initial release. Will it be similiar on the Camaro, or is it planned for much latter down the line?

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

Closed Thread