Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
The_Creepy_Zebra

Drives: 2011 1SS
Harmonic balancer and belt replacement

My dealer told me that my squealing is coming from the harmonic balancer and belts and there is a service bulletin or TSB on it. They say its covered under factory warranty but I'm tuned. I would like to know for sure before they do it and then decide to charge me. Mainly so I can put an under drive on it. So should I tell them it's tuned before hand?
The_Creepy_Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Creepy_Zebra View Post
My dealer told me that my squealing is coming from the harmonic balancer and belts and there is a service bulletin or TSB on it. They say its covered under factory warranty but I'm tuned. I would like to know for sure before they do it and then decide to charge me. Mainly so I can put an under drive on it. So should I tell them it's tuned before hand?
Greetings,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the squealing concern and I'm happy you are actively working with the dealership. Modifications found to be the cause of the issue at a GM dealership can possibly void the warranty, resulting in coverage loss. If you approve the diagnosis and the modifications are discovered, the technicians will most likely notify you of this and let you know what the repair cost(s) will be.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My car is tuned with full bolt ons and I just had all my belts, pulleys, and harmonic balancer replaced under warranty. My dealership knows all about my mods and didn't even question replacing these parts under warranty.

You tune should not produce any negative effects on those items.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
The_Creepy_Zebra

Drives: 2011 1SS
Cool thanks I got a buddy at a Chrysler dealer that said the same.
The_Creepy_Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote