Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
NC Inspection

So I took my Camaro in to get it inspected at Family Tire here in New bern, NC. The f'ing punk who inspected my car inappropriately revved up my car! So I went up to the little key puncher cash register guy and told him that I don't appreciate this mf'er revving up my car. I watched this idiot cruise by the bays, with the clutch in, and purposely revved to get the attention of the other mechs in the shop. These people's excuse was "I'm sorry sir, we don't get many of these cars in here so he got excited." I was like "really dude!?" I'm not taking my car back there again.

On top of that, this is how GAY north carolina is.....I have my vinyl, static cling blackouts on my taillights, side markers, reverse, and front turn signal lenses from camarodecalstore.com, which are AWESOME! Thanks again Reggie! The people at Family Tire made me take them off b/c if I get pulled over and the cop doesn't like the fact that I have them on my car, he'll ask where I got it inspected and then Family Tire will get fined.....AGAIN! Apparently, they have already had one incident where they let something slide. I've driven past many cops and haven't been pulled over. I even mentioned to these mf'ers that they just peel right off.....and still they made me take them off. Nonetheless, I put them back on!! This just pissed me off this weekend and it's one more reason why I can't wait to leave this state!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Sorry to hear your troubles. I wish it were a state that didn't require inspection but it is what it is. On the bright side, we have the best roads of any state I've ever lived in (7 and counting) and most cars on the road are in good shape

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I would leave them on with hopes of getting pulled over so you can tell them where you got inspected...."But Officer, they didn't say anything was wrong!!"
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Sorry to hear your troubles. I wish it were a state that didn't require inspection but it is what it is. On the bright side, we have the best roads of any state I've ever lived in (7 and counting) and most cars on the road are in good shape
I appreciate itbud, it's not that big a deal though. My biggest complaint was the fool that was inspecting my car. I don't know, a lot of the roads around here are straight and boring. Apart from the frost heaves up where I'm from, I like the winding roads. But of course, I do like the straightaways.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
I would leave them on with hopes of getting pulled over so you can tell them where you got inspected...."But Officer, they didn't say anything was wrong!!"
I defenitely did put them back on, but if I do get pulled over and I tell the cop where I got it inspected, I'm sure Family Tire will say we had the customer take them off. But of course, its all he said she said stuff. lol! The guy was jsut being a dick b/c I bitched about the way he was revving my car.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Sorry for your problem. The revving would piss me off too. However, the equipment is different. A friend of mine went to get his motorcycle inspected at a gas station back when they did motorcycles at gas stations here in Taxachusetts and the DMV cops were parked accross the street watching. The owner of the station which both of us knew passed the bike with loud pipes and the DMV cops saw this and fined the gas station.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
So I took my Camaro in to get it inspected at Family Tire here in New bern, NC. The f'ing punk who inspected my car inappropriately revved up my car! So I went up to the little key puncher cash register guy and told him that I don't appreciate this mf'er revving up my car. I watched this idiot cruise by the bays, with the clutch in, and purposely revved to get the attention of the other mechs in the shop. These people's excuse was "I'm sorry sir, we don't get many of these cars in here so he got excited." I was like "really dude!?" I'm not taking my car back there again.

On top of that, this is how GAY north carolina is.....I have my vinyl, static cling blackouts on my taillights, side markers, reverse, and front turn signal lenses from camarodecalstore.com, which are AWESOME! Thanks again Reggie! The people at Family Tire made me take them off b/c if I get pulled over and the cop doesn't like the fact that I have them on my car, he'll ask where I got it inspected and then Family Tire will get fined.....AGAIN! Apparently, they have already had one incident where they let something slide. I've driven past many cops and haven't been pulled over. I even mentioned to these mf'ers that they just peel right off.....and still they made me take them off. Nonetheless, I put them back on!! This just pissed me off this weekend and it's one more reason why I can't wait to leave this state!
Hope that doesn't happen to me, I'm in Burlington lol.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Thats not good.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
In Texas they have to take your car for a spin. Be glad you don't have to deal with that.

Years ago my buddy took his Mustang to get inspected. The guy took it for a spin and came back with a couple bags of McDonalds. He looked at my buddy and said, 'It passed'.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
In Texas they have to take your car for a spin. Be glad you don't have to deal with that.

Years ago my buddy took his Mustang to get inspected. The guy took it for a spin and came back with a couple bags of McDonalds. He looked at my buddy and said, 'It passed'.
i SAW this type of thing yesterday. We went to an inspection station and two people working there just "drove off" with the cars they were inspecting and left the premesis. In fact NO EMPLOYEES were there at all while they were out test driving.

We IMMEDIATELY said....we ARE NOT getting the car inspected here. This is the DEKRA inspection station located at Legacy at Custer road in PLano, TX. I actually thought the employees were leaving for lunch. BUT THEN REALIZED they just TOOK OFF with the customer's cars. i wanted to laugh my a** off because the customers didn't care.

Then we went somewhere else where they didn't leave the premesis with the car.

I AM AMAZED the car inspection shop just TAKES YOUR CAR FOR A JOY RIDE.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Sorry for your problem. The revving would piss me off too. However, the equipment is different. A friend of mine went to get his motorcycle inspected at a gas station back when they did motorcycles at gas stations here in Taxachusetts and the DMV cops were parked accross the street watching. The owner of the station which both of us knew passed the bike with loud pipes and the DMV cops saw this and fined the gas station.

That sucks man. No one can get away with anything these days. No more "lick 'em and stick 'ems."
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

I am glad I don't have to deal with that. I hate it for you bro. Depending on how much time it took waiting at the inspection station for them to get mcdonalds would determine how pissed I would have been at them for using my car to do that. But then again, I don't let anyone have or eat food in my Camaro.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
Hope that doesn't happen to me, I'm in Burlington lol.
You can't have anything covering the taillights, side markers, or front turn signals. But for some reason, you are allowed to have the blackouts on your reverse lights, they don't care about that.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
That is serious BS! - I would have asked for the manager / owner!

Texas story,... as mentioned they have to drive em here...went to get my 57 (a serious old school hot rod) inspected month or so ago, two guys in the bay...as I rumble up and leave it running, "need an inspection sticker"....neither one of them wanted any part of driving it..after checking lights, horn, wipers, etc...slapped one it and I was off....

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote