Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #253
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
IF you read or seen my post I've probably owned more Chevy's in my lifetime than you have sir. I got tired of getting my ass and wallet kicked every time I bought a new one, plus dealing with the scum bag dealers what not a fun time. 22 years later I am just about ready to buy this fantastic ZL1. I come onto these forums and find nothing has changed. I was hoping something would have changed in that long time frame. I am sorry, but it's a $60K car NOT a $18K car. It shouldn't have all these problems I see folks on HERE complaining about and then go to down to their dealers and have problems dealing with the dealer. I really really want the car, but I'm afraid really afraid to pull the trigger. Sorry IF you don't or can't understand that.
Ohh yeh the ZL1 in the MotorTrend test did get beat by a GT500 as it should. The ZL1 is minus 80 HP, plus it's heavier. Chevy should up the ant a little on the HP just like they did back in good ol 60's. Another 50 to 80HP would never hurt plus not many Chevy fans would complain on that one.
yeah cost me all of $1,200 to do that.

gt500 tp/pp $61,450

ZL1 $55,500+ $1200 in mods.

I have had 0 problems to date. I have had two corvettes and GM stood behind any issue I had with them. TSB's on the shifter, clutch, diff fluid on my Z06.

honestly you sound like a troll. I have owned chevy's, ford's, and dodges in the 20 last years. every one I bought in factory waranty they have stood behind just fine. Then again I am not stupid if it is a factory flaw I will point that out and make them fix it. If I have added 200hp I don't go try to make them fix something I broke.

Sometimes I wonder if they just try to take advantage of people who don't know any better. I see it on the internet people complaining. when I go it explain the issue never have this problem. I will look up the tsb print it and walk it to the dealer. Zero denials with this approach. clutch changed at 15k on the clock.

I can go over to SVT forums and find all kinds of complaining about GT500. I think it is a good car. some people have had issues though. it happens.

People with problems complain 1000X more than people with car that are functioning fine. people will come on hear and complain before they have even talked with the dealer.

I love the fact you pointed out the randy probst test because when you look at the Vbox data you can see the ZL1 outhandles the mustang by leaps and bound. So if you like a good handling car that test should have really shown you how good the ZL1 is.

the only advantage the GT500 came away with with gained on the last straitaway. it lost time in ever section of the track that was not strait. ever section that was not strait the GT500 lost time period with a pro behind the wheel.

that being said if you just like the mash the pedal and go strait the GT500 is a better deal hands down. they can be made 700hp pretty easy.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned

Last edited by hognutz; 03-14-2013 at 11:02 PM.
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #254
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
For every 1 person on here that has had issues with the car there are probably 10 or more that have had no issues - but yet you are only deciding to listen to the few with problems.

And don't forget it is the ones with problems that will shout the loudest - go to any forum for any product ever made and you will find lots of threads complaining about problems - and that's because many people only join forums like this specifically for advice on an issue they are facing - the ones with no problems never even register other than the select few enthusiasts.

Aside from that there is not one single manufacturer out there that has EVER made a car that has not had a few with problems - it happens - and that is what the warranty is for.

If you want to let an experience 22 years ago cloud your judgement now then that is your prerogative, but it's also your loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post

Well said.
Very well put!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #255
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
For every 1 person on here that has had issues with the car there are probably 10 or more that have had no issues - but yet you are only deciding to listen to the few with problems.

And don't forget it is the ones with problems that will shout the loudest - go to any forum for any product ever made and you will find lots of threads complaining about problems - and that's because many people only join forums like this specifically for advice on an issue they are facing - the ones with no problems never even register other than the select few enthusiasts.

Aside from that there is not one single manufacturer out there that has EVER made a car that has not had a few with problems - it happens - and that is what the warranty is for.

If you want to let an experience 22 years ago cloud your judgement now then that is your prerogative, but it's also your loss.
I hear ya. I come from a GM family from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and early 90's. GM did not make the greatest cars quality wise those years. After my last new GM car a '91 Vette I gave up on them. When I saw this amazing, increadible ZL1 come out last year I was willing to give them another shot. When I came on here an starting reading the posts it kinda freaked me out and scared me. I would really be pissed if I layed out $60K and had a bunch of problems. I still may buy the car, but I am little hesitant at the moment. I did get a ride in one and that is what really sold me on it. It is an awesome car.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #256
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
I hear ya. I come from a GM family from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and early 90's. GM did not make the greatest cars quality wise those years. After my last new GM car a '91 Vette I gave up on them. When I saw this amazing, increadible ZL1 come out last year I was willing to give them another shot. When I came on here an starting reading the posts it kinda freaked me out and scared me. I would really be pissed if I layed out $60K and had a bunch of problems. I still may buy the car, but I am little hesitant at the moment. I did get a ride in one and that is what really sold me on it. It is an awesome car.
Well then listen to those of us that have the car and love it rather than the select few who have issues that they are letting get to them.

And do your homework on the local dealers - Selecting the right dealer is the battle, because without doubt some are better than others - that's not just a GM thing either, that goes for every manufacturer out there.

If you select the right dealer you're golden and with the Internet and all the information out there like these forums it is easy enough to make informed decisions.

Although don't expect perfection - no car is perfect, it never will be - sometimes little issues will crop up but thats what the warranty is for and as long as they get resolved it really doesn't matter.

You have to keep things in perspective, but unfortunately a few people on here are unable to do that.

Is my car perfect, no, but is it the best car I've ever owned in my life, absolutely!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #257
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
IF you read or seen my post I've probably owned more Chevy's in my lifetime than you have sir. I got tired of getting my ass and wallet kicked every time I bought a new one, plus dealing with the scum bag dealers what not a fun time. 22 years later I am just about ready to buy this fantastic ZL1. I come onto these forums and find nothing has changed. I was hoping something would have changed in that long time frame. I am sorry, but it's a $60K car NOT a $18K car. It shouldn't have all these problems I see folks on HERE complaining about and then go to down to their dealers and have problems dealing with the dealer. I really really want the car, but I'm afraid really afraid to pull the trigger. Sorry IF you don't or can't understand that.
Ohh yeh the ZL1 in the MotorTrend test did get beat by a GT500 as it should. The ZL1 is minus 80 HP, plus it's heavier. Chevy should up the ant a little on the HP just like they did back in good ol 60's. Another 50 to 80HP would never hurt plus not many Chevy fans would complain on that one.
Dude why don't you tell us what you drive how? Two doors doesn't tell us much. We would really like to know what is the best car.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #258
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
It is an awesome car.
That is an understatement. If you are able to make it out this year's Fest (in August) without purchasing the ZL1 or something else by then, I'd be more than happy to let you check out mine.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #259
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
I can obviously only speak for myself but I've now had my ZL1 for about seven months and I've driven it pretty much every day and it's given me nothing but great moments. Not a single problem. Arguably seven months is not that long and I only have about 4500 miles on it but I still love it as much as I did the day I got it, I can't even see myself ever wanting to get rid of it. It's hands down the best car I've ever driven.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #260
MZ1

I went down to my local Chevy dealer here in Southern Nevada. To my suprise they had 2 ZL1's one was a coupe in Blue Ray and the other was a red convertible. Get this both had an adjusted stealer make up of $10K. I specifically remember the price of the coupe it was $59,545 with a dealer market adjustment of $10K bringing it to $69,545. I got right back in my pick up and ran the heck out of there. No way was I even going to talk to those clowns. I know I can get one way less on the internet. I bought my pick up in Minnesota, and my Charger in Maryland. I have no problem buying a new car over the phone and have done it many times over. Those are some of the best deals. Lets face it there are plenty of dealers that have 2013 ZL1's sitting on the lots now. I think the frenzy is over. I will slowly continue my search.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #261
MZ1

Yes gang I know this is one awesome car. I did get a ride in one and that was what did it for me. What a fast machine for sure and the sound. There is nothing like it from a stock exhaust.