Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #309
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Dealership - Serra Chevrolet in Bartlett, TN [basically Memphis, TN].

Great sales guys, and the absolute BEST service department in the city... Heck, probably in the country! These guys are great, super honest, and do great work. Please add them to the list.
Why? What service have you had done there?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #310
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Why? What service have you had done there?
A lot, actually... I've posted on here about most of it. But let me see if I can remember it all. We just got my wife's Hummer back from there tonight, so that's fresh on my mind. Let me start with that, I guess. Keep in mind that both of the vehicles that we've had serviced there were not purchased there.

Tonight, they finished replacing the U-joint on our H3. Did it free of charge under warranty, quick and easy.

When we first got the H3, we had a complaint of rattling under the truck. There were 3 missing bolts on the undercarriage. They replaced those while we waited for an oil change. Didn't charge us anything for the labor or parts [just the oil change, of course].

With my SS, they've done a bunch of stuff - All for completely free. One thing I sort of thought might be warranty related, a couple I wasn't sure about, and two things I knew weren't. But they've done it all for me under warranty. Here's a list.

-Replaced missing nuts and washers from rear wheel assembly. These were left out from the factory on the first 97,000 Camaros. These missing parts cause a pop when the wheels get going.

-Replaced fluid in the differential to full synthetic and included an additive to quite the steering noise.

-Reprogrammed my ABS system to stop a loud noise from the self-check hitting at the wrong time.

-Reattached a missing screw and washer from my front bumper. The previous owner scraped a curb and took that screw with it. They had to disassemble the wheel well and half the bumper.

-Reattached two missing bolts on my spoiler [they were literally just flying around inside of the trunk lid, rattling everywhere]. They also tightened the rest of the bolts and added some adhesive to ensure that they didn't come loose again.

And I've only had my SS since September! So, as you can see, these guys are really awesome. They're notorious for having the best service department in town. Really good guys, treat us way more than fair, and their regular maintenance prices are unbeatable. I won't take my vehicles anywhere else.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #311
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Thumbs down

Stealership- IG Burton Chevrolet of Milford, DE

After working there for 2 months, I have seen more ****ed up shady shit from this dealership then i cared to know about. Nitrogen "fills" were filled with normal air, Oil changes with the 27 point inspection were hardly ever being done correctly. The other detailers that worked with me used dirty rags to detail all the cars even customer cars, they spray the power washer in the cars to wash the seats rather then using a proper shampoo machine. Tire rotations arent done right. Nano treatments are not done (9 times out of 10 it is just a wash and shine and non of the actual Nano product ever hits the car). They are just a shady dealership to deal with, they will tell you anything you wanna hear to get the deal done on all the warranties. With the wheel and tire warranty package they tell customers that hey if you curb it we replace the rim no questions asked.... well when you go to actually do a warranty claim they so oh no im sorry thats an accident thats your fault not our problem..... and when you call them out on the fact they told you it would be replaced they deny it to the fullest. I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a vehicle from this dealership. But you dont have to take my advice as some probably have had good experiences with this place, but with me seeing the shady behind the scenes of this place... Stay away

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #312
The Stig

Review of Findley Chevrolet in Nevada (quoting this so I can more easily link to all of the user's posts about the dealership)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
sure. for starters I, a 19 year old boy knew more about my car than the techs at fairway. they tried telling me that i needed to replace my radiator as well as my condenser when i went in to get a new condenser put in. also, apparently my car is "too heavily modded for warranty work." so i went to bozarth and they pretty much treated me horribly. it was as if they didn't want me there and the tech was rude to me the whole time i was talking to him. terrible service and i will never go back again. findlay on the other hand is the only dealer i will go to here in las vegas. their service techs are very friendly and know what they are talking about. i ended up talking to the service manager for a good 1 hr the other week about cars in general. when they put my new condenser in they did it pretty quick and it was a painless experience, i actually kind of enjoyed it.
Quote:
I recant my last statement about Findlay chevrolet in Las Vegas. they are turning out to be complete crooks and using scare tactics against me. 1-2 weeks ago my car was having front suspension issues. they blamed it on my front springs because they were installed incorrectly. they fixed the issue but then i started hearing the noise again. i took it back and they tried overcharging me for work and tried telling me that i can no longer use my warranty and tried filling my ears with a bunch of crap. it's to the point where i am actually going back to my stock springs because i do not want to deal with it anymore. they told me from now on if i ever have a problem with my front suspension (even if i put the stock springs back on) that it will cost $150 to get it check out(not even do work on it!) i am so sick of the dealerships out here because it turns out none of them are good in one way or another. i never thought anybody would ever be able to discourage me from having my car the way I WANT IT.
Quote:
i must apologetically retract my last post about findlay chevrolet in las vegas because of the story that follows.
so when i was putting my headers on i noticed a slight oil leak. nothing that looked "too serious." so i took it into findlay and they had my car in the shop and within an hour told me that my oil pan is cracked and will be repaired under warranty. i was pretty mad about my oil pan being cracked but they made the process smooth and quick and i was in a rental and out of there in no time. funny thing is is the guy that gave me my rental car turned out to be a guy that grew up next door to my great grandparents back in Pittsburgh PA and knew them pretty well (small world lol) anyways i get a call the next day saying my car is ready so i drive down in the v6 camaro rental they gave me and pickup my car. was not given any hassle about my current mods and was a fairly quick process. must say i am impressed and plan on going back there in the future.
stig can you take away my (-1) and also add a (+1) for this? thank you
Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #313
The Stig

Quote:
i must apologetically retract my last post about findlay chevrolet in las vegas because of the story that follows.
so when i was putting my headers on i noticed a slight oil leak. nothing that looked "too serious." so i took it into findlay and they had my car in the shop and within an hour told me that my oil pan is cracked and will be repaired under warranty. i was pretty mad about my oil pan being cracked but they made the process smooth and quick and i was in a rental and out of there in no time. funny thing is is the guy that gave me my rental car turned out to be a guy that grew up next door to my great grandparents back in Pittsburgh PA and knew them pretty well (small world lol) anyways i get a call the next day saying my car is ready so i drive down in the v6 camaro rental they gave me and pickup my car. was not given any hassle about my current mods and was a fairly quick process. must say i am impressed and plan on going back there in the future.
stig can you take away my (-1) and also add a (+1) for this? thank you
Done - and quoted all of your posts in one, made that the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Hendrick Chevrolet, Buford GA - dealership

Great experience buying my '14 2SS. Found the exact car I wanted even though we had to go to a different lot. Agreed to fix a paint chip I found after I got it home, even though they had to re-paint the whole door to get it right (and they matched the paint exactly). Very attentive to all of my questions after the purchase. So far so good.
Can you go into more detail about how they were able to work with you on fixing the paint issue? Thank you much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
A lot, actually... I've posted on here about most of it. But let me see if I can remember it all. We just got my wife's Hummer back from there tonight, so that's fresh on my mind. Let me start with that, I guess. Keep in mind that both of the vehicles that we've had serviced there were not purchased there.

Tonight, they finished replacing the U-joint on our H3. Did it free of charge under warranty, quick and easy.

When we first got the H3, we had a complaint of rattling under the truck. There were 3 missing bolts on the undercarriage. They replaced those while we waited for an oil change. Didn't charge us anything for the labor or parts [just the oil change, of course].

With my SS, they've done a bunch of stuff - All for completely free. One thing I sort of thought might be warranty related, a couple I wasn't sure about, and two things I knew weren't. But they've done it all for me under warranty. Here's a list.

-Replaced missing nuts and washers from rear wheel assembly. These were left out from the factory on the first 97,000 Camaros. These missing parts cause a pop when the wheels get going.

-Replaced fluid in the differential to full synthetic and included an additive to quite the steering noise.

-Reprogrammed my ABS system to stop a loud noise from the self-check hitting at the wrong time.

-Reattached a missing screw and washer from my front bumper. The previous owner scraped a curb and took that screw with it. They had to disassemble the wheel well and half the bumper.

-Reattached two missing bolts on my spoiler [they were literally just flying around inside of the trunk lid, rattling everywhere]. They also tightened the rest of the bolts and added some adhesive to ensure that they didn't come loose again.

And I've only had my SS since September! So, as you can see, these guys are really awesome. They're notorious for having the best service department in town. Really good guys, treat us way more than fair, and their regular maintenance prices are unbeatable. I won't take my vehicles anywhere else.
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSynergy View Post
Stealership- IG Burton Chevrolet of Milford, DE

After working there for 2 months, I have seen more ****ed up shady shit from this dealership then i cared to know about. Nitrogen "fills" were filled with normal air, Oil changes with the 27 point inspection were hardly ever being done correctly. The other detailers that worked with me used dirty rags to detail all the cars even customer cars, they spray the power washer in the cars to wash the seats rather then using a proper shampoo machine. Tire rotations arent done right. Nano treatments are not done (9 times out of 10 it is just a wash and shine and non of the actual Nano product ever hits the car). They are just a shady dealership to deal with, they will tell you anything you wanna hear to get the deal done on all the warranties. With the wheel and tire warranty package they tell customers that hey if you curb it we replace the rim no questions asked.... well when you go to actually do a warranty claim they so oh no im sorry thats an accident thats your fault not our problem..... and when you call them out on the fact they told you it would be replaced they deny it to the fullest. I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a vehicle from this dealership. But you dont have to take my advice as some probably have had good experiences with this place, but with me seeing the shady behind the scenes of this place... Stay away
Have you had any work done there? Adding it to the list - just wanted to get as much info as possible.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #314
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Imerial Chevrolet, Mendon Massachusetts- Dealership

Great sales Dept and an even better service department. Very eager to help me out after I bought my Camaro from them. Patti the service advisor was terrific and very helpful. They've earned my future business!
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #315
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS2010 View Post
Imerial Chevrolet, Mendon Massachusetts- Dealership

Great sales Dept and an even better service department. Very eager to help me out after I bought my Camaro from them. Patti the service advisor was terrific and very helpful. They've earned my future business!
Why? Like what work did you have done? Was it warranty work, mods, etc? Please try to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #316
2SS2010

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Why? Like what work did you have done? Was it warranty work, mods, etc? Please try to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

Bought the car and had it less than a week and it developed oil leak. They fixed the leak on the low oil level sensor but didnt notice a larger leak that was masked by the other leak. The second time i contacted them about a burnt oil smell the service advisor actually drove the 1.5 hr to pick up my car and brought me a rental. Turned out the larger leak was the rear main seal. I ended up getting the car back in better condition than they picked it up. They also replaced 2 front tires and did an alignment on it for nothing, washed it and waxed it filled the tank for me and dropped it back off again by the same service advisor Patti.
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #317
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Quote:

Have you had any work done there? Adding it to the list - just wanted to get as much info as possible.
I have had my oil changed there when i first got it (before i worked there) and noticed that non of the fluids were topped off. That is the only thing i have had done. But my review is mainly the stuff i have seen first hand working there and seeing it first hand and talking to the mechanics about all the short cuts they take due to work being slow and they try to get as much work in as they can.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #318
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Bale Chevrolet, little rock Arkansas
I just bought my second Camaro from them today, they have been nothing but friendly and helpful and free oil changes for the life of the car Doesn't hurt.

I've had a good experience with warranty work from the service department here, oil changes take a while but they are adding in a 4 rack in and out oil/tire rotation section in a remodel that's going to be done shortly.

I had them do alignment work for a damaged control rod, top enhancement (aka recall) and then more recently a top replacement on my 2011.

Last edited by pocketcthulhu; 11-19-2013 at 06:44 PM.
pocketcthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #319
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
Bale Chevrolet, little rock Arkansas
I just bought my second Camaro from them today, they have been nothing but friendly and helpful and free oil changes for the life of the car Doesn't hurt.

I've had a good experience with warranty work from the service department here, oil changes take a while but they are adding in a 4 rack in and out oil/tire rotation section in a remodel that's going to be done shortly.

I had them do alignment work for a damaged control rod, top enhancement (aka recall) and then more recently a top replacement on my 2011.
And you were happy with them/their work for replacing the top, etc.?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #320
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Pohanka Chevy in Centreville VA,
They installed an SLP Underdrive Pulley. Did a great job, got me in right away on a Saturday.
a few days later I noticed my AC was not working properly- it would blow, but no cold air.
I brought it back, they took it in and came back that the compressor had been damaged, and the damage was directly behind the new pulley. They Put on a new AC compressor for free. I was on my way in about 2 hours.
They damaged it, bu they owned up to it.
It was a very positive experience.

Last edited by Spartan01; 11-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #321
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Pohanka Chevy in Centreville VA,
They installed an SLP Underdrive Pulley. Did a great job, got me in right away on a Saturday.
a few days later I noticed my AC was not working properly- it would blow, but no cold air.
I brought it back, they took it in and came back that the compressor had been damaged, and the damage was directly behind the new pulley. They Put on a new AC compressor for free. I was on my way in about 2 hours.
It was a very positive experience.
Added to the list
Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #322
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
And you were happy with them/their work for replacing the top, etc.?
The top was replaced in less time than the quoted, day and a half instead of two full days (the upholstery shop is just down the road from the dealership)and while they didn't have a loaner that day they had a vendor pick me up and get me a car, It took three attempts to sort out the steering issue , but to their credit even I thought it was an alignment/tire issue, it wasn't until they disassembled the front right Assembly that they found and corrected the issue afterwards it's driven like a dream.

I will let you know how it goes with the new sale as the 2014 should be in from the Texas dealership late tonight or tomorrow morning.