Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
x7productions
x7productions.com

Drives: 2010 BMW E92 3-Series Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to x7productions
Parking Sensors Malfunctioning

Well, about a week or two ago my parking sensors started malfunctioning. Basically, I put the car in R, then the car beeps like 3 - 4 times, then on the DIC says "PARK ASSIST OFF!" even though it is set to ON! :(

Anyways took it to the dealer, they said they couldn't replicate the problem, and there were no service bulletins about it, but they found a firmware update and they said they would do that and it would fix the issue.

Well, got the car back, put it in R, same problem.

Supposed to drop my car off again so they can take another look and see whats up. Was just wondering if anyone else had any issues regarding this. I don't really care about the parking sensors, they were on the car when I bought it off the lot initally, but I just want what I paid for to work!

Side note, does anyone have the AAC Afterburners Kit + parking sensors? If so, any issues with your parking sensors?
Purely speculation, but this problem occurred right after I did that mod.

Go like our Facebook Fan Page!
http://facebook.com/x7productions/
x7productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Is there anything blocking them? Did something come loose when you installed the lights? Not sure whats involved in their installation?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
... mine don't always function, either... sometimes when I get that message, I can take the car out of reverse and then put it back in... and they work...

I'll have to get this checked out...
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
x7productions
x7productions.com

Drives: 2010 BMW E92 3-Series Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to x7productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Is there anything blocking them? Did something come loose when you installed the lights? Not sure whats involved in their installation?
Nothing is blocking them. And the bumper was never removed for the install. Basically, all the install was for me was swapping out my taillights for a set of theirs preassembled with the halos in them (I didn't want to cut open my taillights!), and then connecting them to a 1000v power inverter box that is connected to the ground and parking light wires in the taillight wiring hireness. The only thing I can think of is that the two power inverter boxes are either drawing out too much power or creating some sort of magnetic field which is messing up the IR of the parking sensors? Again, just speculation that it is being caused by the Afterburner kit as I haven't read anyone else having issues so I'm not sure that this is the cause, although timing is just weird (since this occurred day after I installed the kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkibisky View Post
... mine don't always function, either... sometimes when I get that message, I can take the car out of reverse and then put it back in... and they work...

I'll have to get this checked out...
Yeah, this behavior isn't normal. Is you car stock? Do you have the Afterburner kit as well? Just wondering.

It could just be some random failure of the parking sensor module. Hopefully if they replace it the issue will be solved. I'll keep you guys updated.

Go like our Facebook Fan Page!
http://facebook.com/x7productions/

Last edited by x7productions; 10-13-2010 at 05:27 PM.
x7productions is offline   Reply With Quote