Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Performance Mods Questions

I hope these questions aren't too dumb!

I have a 2012 camaro LS, Automatic, my only mod so far is a an intake from CAI. I want to mod it further and have a few questions. Its my daily driver for now but im thinking maybe later Ill buy a beater and just use the camaro as a weekend/pleasure driver.

I eventually want to get it either supercharged or twin turbos. I want to know if a supercharger is available for 2012 cars.

1) Does it make a difference whether the car is automatic or manual for the proper function of these mods?

2) What other supporting mods should I have to make, ie suspension, exhaust, tune etc..

3) How do these mods affect engine/ drive-train durability, I don't plan on racing on a track or highways for that matter but I wouldn't mind having my car go even faster if I wanted it to.

4) Im planning on a few minor mods to whet my appetite in the mean time like a ported throttle body, oil catch can, exhausts etc...would a supercharger or turbo negate these mods, would I have to undo them in order to fit the new parts?

If anybody has done those mods to their own cars Id like to see your build threads and maybe you could give me some advice on what to do or not do..thanks guys.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
You need to get in contact with Tracy at RX Performance (RevXtreme). They are in Palmetto Fl. and he is THE guy for forced induction for the V6 Camaro. They are doing supercharged and turbo kits.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote