Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
A Little Gen 1 Help, Please...

At Accel Auto Group in Irving, TX: Anyone know anything about these two Camaros? I'm looking for a Gen 1 in very good shape, at a reasonable price. Thanks for any info.

1967: http://accelautogroup.com/used-car-details.php?cid=167

1969: http://accelautogroup.com/used-car-details.php?cid=166
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupie View Post
oh man let me tell you how Accel Auto in Denton Tx screwed me. i found an ad on ebay for a 72 chevelle ss clone "that needs paint and bodywork for an excellent 72 chevelle!" i contacted brandon remley before the purchase to ask about the condition of the car. told him if i bought it i might fly into dallas and drive it back home. he said that wouldnt be a problem but the car is old and thus recommended a tune up. decided to pay to have the car delivered. the delivery guy cant get the car to turn over so he rolls it off the truck and says it cranked at the shop in texas. i call brandon and he says "it worked fine, must have been something you did to it" (mind you this is right after its rolled off the truck). the more i dig into the vehicle the more i find wrong.

the speedometer doesnt work, ODO doesnt work (called brandon and he said he told me the ODO "READ" 26,000, not was at 26,000")
alternator is bad and no ezternal regulator installed.
battery it came with was completely dead
electrical wiring of the car is a complete mess. no gauges work at all.
oil pan leaks about a quart a week.
carburetor was rebuilt wrong (double gasket, vaccum leak) and i had to replace
master brake cylinder was bad. i drove the car thinking brandon would tell me about brakes not working (HUGE SAFETY ISSUE), crashed the car into a tree infront of my house.
both rear brake cylinders bleeder valves were rusted in a semi-open position
distributor timing was off, wouldnt idle.
no radiator resevoir overflow jug installed.

so this car "just needing paint and bodywork" has cost me a ton of money and its still not even ideling right. contacted brandon 3 times about problems, all which he replied "must have been something you did". called him about sending me money to help repair to his stated condition and he hungup on me 3 times. BUYER BEWARE!!
Thanks for the info. Anyone else, preferably in Texas, know anything about these folks?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote