Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
Texasbeachbum

Drives: 2012 LT2 45th Vert
The factory Performance Exhaust Upgrade Package.

I picked it up today and it sounds really good. Better than I thought it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray513 View Post
Texasbeachbum
What is the name of exhaust you putting on?
Texasbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
BILLY T

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS
customer satisfaction program

here is my vin 2G1FK3DJ7B9194035 2011 VERT.
THANK YOU,
BILLY T
BILLY T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Just looked over both VIN that were posted here and both of you have this program on your vehicles. Get them checked over and make sure you get this taken care of. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Just looked over both VIN that were posted here and both of you have this program on your vehicles. Get them checked over and make sure you get this taken care of. I hope this helps.

You can check or vins? That would be helpful
Quackersacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Jeff, here's mine.

2G1FG3D39C9104730

Thanks a lot man!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #20
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
The program that all of you are referring to is not a recall. It is a Customer Satisfaction Program. It is a little different from a recall in that a recall is a forced repair of the vehicles involved where as a Customer Satisfaction Program is an acknowledgement of an issue in certain vehicles and the voluntary fixing of said issue. This one being about the convertible tops is valid through April of 2014. I hope this is the final fix for this issue and none of you have problems ever again. I hope this helps to answer your questions and if you need to know if your vehicle is involved send me your VIN and I will respond as soon as I can.

Jeff,

I am the proud owner of not only one, but FIVE new Chevrolet automobiles in 18 months. Four of them are 5th Gen Camaros. Just wish I didn't have this problem with the top. We LOVE this car....the color combo is perfect. Too bad it's the discontinued blue... :( Thanks for your help with us on this ongoing issue.

VIN: 2G1FK3DJ3B9180603

Last edited by cactuseater; 09-28-2012 at 03:25 AM.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #21
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Quote:

Okay, thanks for doing that. I assumed mine was part of it since it was an early one.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Jeff, mine is a 2012 and I currently have the 5th bow issue, but I'm starting to see some signs of what might develop into the dreaded rub marks. I'm curious if mine qualifies under this program. If it does, I'd like to get it taken care of at the same time as the 5th bow if at all possible.

VIN # 2G1FT3DW2C9114568

Thanks.
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

All three of the most recent VINs have this program on them. Please get your vehicles checked over. ZZTop, you also have a program for the airbag light as well. Your dealers should be able to get all of you taken care of in one trip. I hope this helps.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
Btmonty2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS white with IO vert
will the GM send a letter out to the vin numbers that have the problems, or do we wait to hear from our dealership, cause my dealership never believes a word I say
Btmonty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #25
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
All three of the most recent VINs have this program on them. Please get your vehicles checked over. ZZTop, you also have a program for the airbag light as well. Your dealers should be able to get all of you taken care of in one trip. I hope this helps.

Thanks Jeff. My dealer keeps bouncing back and forth between "this is not from the top mechanism" to "this need a new top" to "don;t worry about it, it's under warranty". Depends who you talk to down there. Now I am told the "shop foreman" -- not the service manager -- has the last word on this problem. I'm about ready to use a different dealer because right now I am afraid they will not be able to handle this repair. Was told yesterday that they "never" seen one of these. Uh huh. Funny thing is, we bought it like this - and have a "we owe" slip for the problem. It's also noted on a case number. I just waited for some kind of real fix so that I don;t have the top replaced four or five times this year. So, why the back and forth crap with this vehicle? They could have simply ordered what they need yesterday, and called me when they are ready. Now I must go back to them Wed. 4/18 and talk to the "shop foreman". Another week -- gone. And a 35 mile drive one way. Jeff, do you know ANY reputable dealer in the Phoenix area that has completed these repairs without sending them out to an outside trim shop? (not a good idea...) In looking at my picture, my car is one of the worst out there - it's obvious it needs a top replacement. Thanks again for your help.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #26
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Jeff my vin is 2G1FC3DD4B9156933 I only have very slight rub marks but I would like to have it fixed before they become a big problem. Could you let me know if min is included, thanks.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

To Cactuseater, we don't keep information like what you're asking. Unfortunately you would have to ask around about this. Every Chevrolet dealer in the country should be able to take care of this type of issue for you and any GM dealer should be able to handle warranty repairs on any other GM vehicle. If you're having troubles with getting this taken care of then I would say changing dealers would be a good idea. The We Owe slip from your original dealer shouldn't matter in this case as your vehicle would be covered under this program any way and should be preformed regardless of the slip. If you're not sure if your vehicle is part of this program either post it here or message me your VIN and I'll check it over and get it back to you as soon as I can. Zandron, your vehicle is involved in this program. Hopefully you can get your vehicle to your dealer soon and get this resolved. Have a good weekend guys and galls!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
INDY500 6SPD
Account Suspended

Drives: (2)2011 INDY500 PACECAR CONVERTIBLE
JEFF CAN YOU CHECK MY TWO VINS,I ONLY HAVE 800 MILES ON MY MANUAL TRANS AND 1500 ON MY AUTOMATIC NO PROBLEMS YET....THANK YOU JEFF
2G1FK3DJ5B9182949 2G1FT3DW0B9197593
INDY500 6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote