Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
cipriank

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
driveshaft ??

Will a one piece driveshaft be noticible in an auto on stop light to stoplight acceleration. ..I just did gears and want some more

Mods: ADM race intake, ADM scoop w/ washer bottle, SLP long tube headers, SLP 25% UDP, SLP Loud Mouth 2 exhaust, Vmax TB, BER intake manifold,3.45 gears, MSD wires, SLP 160 t-stat, SLP Springs,
EFI live tune by Redline Motorsports
cipriank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
look for Doc and his blue angel thread. he has many posts and his feelings about his one piece.

It is on my to do list for sure
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
^ That means yes.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Just ordered a DSS aluminum one piece shaft myself for my A6!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipriank View Post
Will a one piece driveshaft be noticible in an auto on stop light to stoplight acceleration. ..I just did gears and want some more
Yes, you will notice it. In a different way than gears but it is a nice upgrade.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Just ordered a DSS aluminum one piece shaft myself for my A6!!!
congrats. i am curious how well it comes balanced out of the box
Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Very nice! Might add it to my wish list then.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
This is a good question and I don't mean to jack this thread, but I would like to add another question to it. I go to the track a few times a year. Now I know you can break or snap something with stock HP. I have a few upgrades and I make 363 rwhp? What would likely be the first thing that would snap, the driveshaft or the half shafts. So which one would you upgrade first?
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
This is a good question and I don't mean to jack this thread, but I would like to add another question to it. I go to the track a few times a year. Now I know you can break or snap something with stock HP. I have a few upgrades and I make 363 rwhp? What would likely be the first thing that would snap, the driveshaft or the half shafts. So which one would you upgrade first?
I hear of people breaking the diff and half shafts but I've known a few running low 11s without breaking anything One of the reasons why I pulled the trigger on mine.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:

I'm all stock in the rear/Driveshaft except an Eaton true trac. My cars Supercharged and runs high 6's with 1.50 60' in the 1/8 and I race it every weekend and have yet to break anything. If you break something at 363hp you just had a bad part.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
congrats. i am curious how well it comes balanced out of the box
From what they advertise, it better be perfect!!! I hope....

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #12
Fiftydriver

Quote:
Its more critical to control wheel hop more then anything. Get some good trailing arms, replace the trailing arm and diff bushings with some good aftermarket parts and you will likely be alright at your level of power. Things happen though.

I went with axles along with a custom Diff from JRE, now doing the driveshaft just for some more added insurance. Plus, I never really liked the idea of a two piece driveshaft. Just more parts then needed and more parts means more weak links....

More to come!!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Wheel hop is the culprit, most of the time. That's why the A6 guys can get away with fewer suspension mods.

OP, which gears did you go with and are you A6 or M6?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #14
cipriank

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
I went with 3.45's.. I love them

Mods: ADM race intake, ADM scoop w/ washer bottle, SLP long tube headers, SLP 25% UDP, SLP Loud Mouth 2 exhaust, Vmax TB, BER intake manifold,3.45 gears, MSD wires, SLP 160 t-stat, SLP Springs,
EFI live tune by Redline Motorsports
cipriank is offline   Reply With Quote