Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 04-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
OMG !! What do I do??

I ordered my IOM Camaro the 1st day you could order them October 13th 2008,... I stalked the dealership and GM until it was found . After it was lost for a long time.
Finally after my sales person ...which said "I was her worst NIGHTMARE" . She was on vacation when my car came in & NO ONE at the dealership would delivery the car to me so she came in on her vacation to give me the car.
I took delivery of the car ... just by chance on my wife's birthday June 8, 2009. ....
For those of you that know me... my car is some what my BABY... I have added a lot of lights and equipment to my car, yet no holes was drilled in the inside of the car.

I have about 7200 miles on my car, have had it for about 10 months.... it has now happened....

My other love...my wife has asked ..... yes...asked....to DRIVE MY CAMARO !!!!

OMG...What do I do???

She keeps saying things like you could suprise me and let me drive it to work ( she is a RN Supervisor at a hospital ) ... Yes she is right...I WOULD BE SUPRISED !!

We are a house divided...she has a Mustang GT

Should I.... I know it's cheaper than a DIVORCE

I was going to let her drive ( under my supervision ) on way to CamaroFest ! ... I thought this was fair

I know she is going to say that i drive her Mustang... but it's so I don't put miles.. bugs... rain .. etc. on my CAMARO...

I guess.... I'll let he drive it one night... ... I'll take a pill so I won't think about it !
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I'm really nervous about my wife driving mine also...
The great thing is that she seems to be more nervous about it than me.
She knows how much my car means to me and is terrified that something might happen to it if she does drive it. I think it's mostly because she hasn't had to drive a stick in a long time.

Why don't you just ask her to trade in the Mustang and get her own Camaro?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Lets pay for one Camaro at a time, and Mustang has NO resale value !!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Calm down take a deep breath. You worry too much
Old 04-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
Sweat it out. I let my wife drive mine and it had a scuffed rim and a door ding when i gt it back.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
Lori2010

Drives: Black SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Lori2010
You all worry about your wives, you make me laugh. There is no way a man is driving my baby. My windows are tinted very dark so very hard to see who is driving. I have had several guy pulls along side trying to get my attention, I roll my window down and watch him pick his jaw up out of his lap and say "you're a girl, is that your car, you driver like a guy". I take that as a compliment. I love my Black Baby and she is very spoiled but when we play we play. We aren't afraid of each other.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i don't have to worry about that because my wife hates my car.she won't even set in it.i think she found out i love the car more than her.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
ahh just let her drive it, i didn't like the idea of my girlfriend driving my avalanche because it's so different than the camry she's used to but she didn't do too bad and only got better as she drove it more. it wont kill you to let her drive
Old 04-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
let mine drive it second day. she hasn't asked since
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
I don't have to worry about my wife driving the Camaro. It's HER car. I have been able to drive it twice (short drives) since she got it last June. I could drive more, but my luck, someone would hit it and I would get blamed.

You might as well as let her drive it now and get the feel of it before our trip to the Fest. (I know it is easy for me to say since it is not my car and I don't have to worry)

LazyYoYO, I am just curious, did she not like it or what? Is it a standard?
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I've offered to let my wife drive several times, she says when I feel like it I will. She could drive my old 74 Camaro w/4spd mnl almost better than I could...almost...so yeah she can drive it whenever she wants.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
I have asked my wife many times to drive it and she says no thanks......thank God!! But I have let 2 of my daughters drive it ...let me tell you it was..
Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori2010 View Post
You all worry about your wives, you make me laugh. There is no way a man is driving my baby. My windows are tinted very dark so very hard to see who is driving. I have had several guy pulls along side trying to get my attention, I roll my window down and watch him pick his jaw up out of his lap and say "you're a girl, is that your car, you driver like a guy". I take that as a compliment. I love my Black Baby and she is very spoiled but when we play we play. We aren't afraid of each other.
girl! I got asked if it was my car too by a guy who was obviously jealous! Like I can't handle or should be allowed to drive such a badass car because I'm a chick. Please! I've owned a 3rd Gen, a 4th Gen, a Firebird, a Supercharged Monte Carlo and a Dodge Charger R/T before this Camaro. They were all pampered and well taken care of. Not all women are idiot, irresponsible drivers. Some of us actually do LOVE muscle cars and appreciate them. I mean, how many women out there are pestering their husbands to hurry up and put a new cam and ported heads in their car? Why? Besides the fact of the power gains and the incredible sound a cammed car makes, I want to respond to the next sexist jerk who pulls up next to me and asks if my Camaro is really mine by revving my engine and replying: "Sorry, I can't hear you" as I rattle his teeth.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #14
Supercop29
Old Cop!

I will let her drive it, she is really a good driver...it's just... just ... I haven't had a NEW car ...lets see...1979..... she has had 5 in last 6 years....Of course she says...well one had 5000 miles..it was a Demo... the GT had 341 miles...had to go to another state to get what she wanted and have it deliveried..... the other 2 was New motorcycles....
So anyway... like she always does...she will get her way and drive !...
I will do what I do best ... W O R R Y !!!