Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
maroone chevy in Pembroke Pines
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsi View Post
My dealer tried to screw me....every which way. So I bought mine in New Smyrna beach dealer and they where sweeeet!!
Please name that dealership who "Attemped" to screw you. Purpose of this thread is to weed out all the bogus dealerships to help prevent it happening to other customer's again.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
This pretty much sums up my experience...
Care to explain and the name of that dealership?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Ok since I have bought two Camaros I will rate both dealers.

First was Champion Chevrolet in Johnson City Tennessee. I have bought 3 cars from them since 2007 two new and one used. And they have always been a great dealership to deal with and I would rate them a 8 out of 10.

Now this time since all the great feedback they have on the forum I contacted Becky D. Of Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, Michigan. That experience is one I can only say was great. I have written details of our transactions in other threads so I won't get into that but just say no matter where you live in the USA you cannot go wrong dealing with Becky. Also the service team is there to help with any questions and I am sure from my experience with Gerry in the service department, if I have issues getting something fixed on my car they will step in to assist. So I would give Rodgers a 10 for sales and a 10 for service after the sale.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
slowsi

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS...1989 IROC
Plattners chevy in arcadia, south west, florida...And I had already bought 3 cars from them! Left scratching my head,they offered me 3500 less for my car and top dollar on a leftover 2ss with a 1100 miles....made the deal with Maroone chevy on the phone and saved big on a 13' 2ss/rs and they delivered it to my side of the state!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I expect out of a chevy dealer!!!!!
2003 YUKON DENALI...tow truck
slowsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello all, if anyone is currently experiencing an issue with their vehicle, please feel free to contact me with the details!

For those who have had great experiences, that is awesome to hear!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #35
2012 ZL1#1658

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
I was pretty ecstatic with my trade in for the ZL1. The only thing that weighs on me is paying 2k over msrp for the car. I know the car was limited and all and it was pretty rare by me. Having said that, they originally wanted 5k and I got him down to 2k. If I held out too long the car could have been sold right out from under me.
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
Rick Hendricks Duluth GA, went to look at a 10 cgm 2ss with rs package, 6m. had 24xxx, they were proud of that price! 30988, the ol quick test drive into the cubicle, 4 square game, told them what i could afford and payment, told both the sales manager and the salesman i wanted a v8 not v6! yes we understand they say, wanted to trade in my 06 tbss, again they were not moving on the price, kept saying ss owners do not leave with no less than a 6-700 a month! then the f/i guy comes over asking the worst question! why do i have to have a ss? they were trying hard to put me in a v6! nothing against the v6 owners but i wanted a v8. needless to say i took my keys back went home. 2 days later drove 3 hrs to masters in augusta ga looking at a 1 ss in the cgm color i wanted there was no pressure, all the people there were awesome took a 45 min test drive in the rain, came back, had my preapproved check, said this is what i have can we do something? they said yes we can, went home that night with a permagrin!
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #37
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
When I helped my sister buy her Cobalt a couple of years ago it was probably the worst dealership experience of my life.

She was dead on set on getting the car that was on the lot that day, so she didnt want to go anywhere else, if it was up to me, we should have left that dealership after about 20 minutes of talking to the sales rep. Only reason we stayed was we were able to get the car for an absolute steal.

Heres why it was terrible,

1. Salesmen was pushy, not overbearing pushy but pushy enough to make me want to leave.

2. Sales manager was super pushy, kept coming over to us and asking what can I do to put you in this car today.

3. kept playing games with us, we had a decent starting price on the car then add in the rebates that were going on good price tried lowballing us on her trade in. Told him what the lowest we would take on a trade is or there would be no deal. Continuously kept going to the SM and used car manager and slowly kept creeping up towards our number. Finally got to the point where I told him look you either get us what we want for the trade, or there will be no deal made period, I will walk away from this deal over 500 difference on the trade BC there is ten other dealerships in the area we can go to.

4. Finally he verbally gave us the number we wanted, and he refused to write it down on our quote. He said he was worried I would take it to another dealer. I told him you have to write that down on our quote so we can see what the out the door number is. He wouldnt do it. Finally the overbearing sales manager came over and told him to do it.

5. after he finally gave us our out the door number(around 2300 out the door, my sister was trading in a pretty much brand new civic thats how we got the price so low), and explaining the whole ordeal so far to my dad, he told me tell him now you want use the 2000 dollars on a GM card that can be applied to the purchase of a new GM vehicle. He was dumbfounded and didn't want to let us use the card. He finally agreed bc there was no way he could get around it now.

6. Card is in dad's name so he has to come down to the dealership to make the purchase. at this point the out the door price on the car is $300 and change. Dad comes down to sign the paper work (would later just transfer title to my sister) and will just put the total on his card. They made him fill out a credit check, and did a credit check on him. REALLY, not financing the car, the total cost out the door was only like 300 bucks and getting put on a credit card and your going to do a credit check?????

The whole process took about 4 hours total and the only positive we got out of the whole thing was my sister got the car she wanted for a steal. Worst dealership experience of my life. If I could rate it negative I would, but since we got it for a steal I will give it a 1.

Advantage Chevrolet on La Grange Road in IL

Things I hate most about dealerships, pushy salesmen, pushy managers.

Im a straight shooter, I will lay out the deal I want, what I want for my trade in. you can either make it happen, or I will go somewhere else. When I got my Focus the only thing holding me up was the trade in value on my current car, Sales manager came over and asked what was holding up the deal I told him, and he said so if we give you the extra 1K on the trade you will buy the car? I said yep, he said done, I said deal. Not that hard to make a deal.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #38
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
When I helped my sister buy her Cobalt a couple of years ago it was probably the worst dealership experience of my life.

She was dead on set on getting the car that was on the lot that day, so she didnt want to go anywhere else, if it was up to me, we should have left that dealership after about 20 minutes of talking to the sales rep. Only reason we stayed was we were able to get the car for an absolute steal.

Heres why it was terrible,

1. Salesmen was pushy, not overbearing pushy but pushy enough to make me want to leave.

2. Sales manager was super pushy, kept coming over to us and asking what can I do to put you in this car today.

3. kept playing games with us, we had a decent starting price on the car then add in the rebates that were going on good price tried lowballing us on her trade in. Told him what the lowest we would take on a trade is or there would be no deal. Continuously kept going to the SM and used car manager and slowly kept creeping up towards our number. Finally got to the point where I told him look you either get us what we want for the trade, or there will be no deal made period, I will walk away from this deal over 500 difference on the trade BC there is ten other dealerships in the area we can go to.

4. Finally he verbally gave us the number we wanted, and he refused to write it down on our quote. He said he was worried I would take it to another dealer. I told him you have to write that down on our quote so we can see what the out the door number is. He wouldnt do it. Finally the overbearing sales manager came over and told him to do it.

5. after he finally gave us our out the door number(around 2300 out the door, my sister was trading in a pretty much brand new civic thats how we got the price so low), and explaining the whole ordeal so far to my dad, he told me tell him now you want use the 2000 dollars on a GM card that can be applied to the purchase of a new GM vehicle. He was dumbfounded and didn't want to let us use the card. He finally agreed bc there was no way he could get around it now.

6. Card is in dad's name so he has to come down to the dealership to make the purchase. at this point the out the door price on the car is $300 and change. Dad comes down to sign the paper work (would later just transfer title to my sister) and will just put the total on his card. They made him fill out a credit check, and did a credit check on him. REALLY, not financing the car, the total cost out the door was only like 300 bucks and getting put on a credit card and your going to do a credit check?????

The whole process took about 4 hours total and the only positive we got out of the whole thing was my sister got the car she wanted for a steal. Worst dealership experience of my life. If I could rate it negative I would, but since we got it for a steal I will give it a 1.

Advantage Chevrolet on La Grange Road in IL

Things I hate most about dealerships, pushy salesmen, pushy managers.

Im a straight shooter, I will lay out the deal I want, what I want for my trade in. you can either make it happen, or I will go somewhere else. When I got my Focus the only thing holding me up was the trade in value on my current car, Sales manager came over and asked what was holding up the deal I told him, and he said so if we give you the extra 1K on the trade you will buy the car? I said yep, he said done, I said deal. Not that hard to make a deal.
That's what all dealerships say. They won't write down the price because their worried you'll go to another dealer. I'm sure if they had it their way they'd lock the doors on you they'd do so aswell.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #39
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Westside Chevrolet, Katy TX. Went in on a Friday night, having never been closer than 50ft to a 5th Gen Camaro. The sales staff that night was extremely under staffed. The salesman that saw us window shopping took the time to ask if we had been helped. We told him not yet, but that we wanted to drive the Camaro. He said give me 10 minutes and I will get you some keys. He found us again and tossed us the keys, and said "take your time, come find me when you get back".
We were gone about 20 minutes, cycled the top a few times, pushed all the buttons we could, looked in every nook and cranny we could find.
It was about 9pm when we got back to the dealership. We found our salesman who was still running around like crazy. He asked if we had any questions, which we replied "nah, we're just looking around" (famous last words, lol).
We went home and thought about things, comparing it to the Mustang we had just driven prior to going to the Chevy dealer.
We woke up Saturday morning and went back to the dealer to 'talk' about things, lol.
The salesman told us "if you like yellow and want a convertible, I have a deal for you".
About two hours later we left in a left over 2011 Rally Yellow convertible 2SS/RS with 1800 miles on it, and haven't looked back since.
Overall dealer experience was a 10/10, from sales to finance to service. I've been back for warranty one time due to a weatherstripping issue.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #40
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Anyone ever heard their salesman say "it's illegal for me to tell you the interest rate" ???

Our salesman at Maxie Price kept going back and forth between us and the finance guys and he would not tell me the interest rate. Finally, when I insisted on knowing, the owner came and told me. But that was two hours after I asked. See my previous post, Maxie Price in Georgia was just an awful experience.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #41
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Anyone ever heard their salesman say "it's illegal for me to tell you the interest rate" ???

Our salesman at Maxie Price kept going back and forth between us and the finance guys and he would not tell me the interest rate. Finally, when I insisted on knowing, the owner came and told me. But that was two hours after I asked. See my previous post, Maxie Price in Georgia was just an awful experience.
Basically when you enter a dealership be prepared to stay their all day. Forget about your family, home, and life as you know it. It's like going to public hospitals waiting for the right # to call to get help.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #42
slowsi

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS...1989 IROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post

A trick I use is everytime they walk away I go outside...that tends to speed things along...edge closer and closer to your car!
2003 YUKON DENALI...tow truck
slowsi is offline   Reply With Quote