Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #239
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
My car is black, and ATM I don't have any photos... :(

The swirls on my car are real mild, they're not really the issue. The main reason I want to hit the paint with a medium setup is because of the water spots. I know the spots are very old but I'm not sure if they're derived from manmade water sources or if they're just from a couple years worth of South Fla. rain (my car sits outside), because the last time I polished I just used a fine polish on a white pad so it probably wasn't enough to knock them out. If the spots are derived from manmade water, then they're probably very old because I have never let manmade water sources dry on my car in direct sunlight (or any time before 6:00-7:00 p.m., for that matter) for a loooooong, long time.

I would consider using FG400 and an Uber MF Cutting Pad, and SF4000 with an Uber Green Pad.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #240
TedW

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
How do you clean and care for the new hoods on the 1LE?
TedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #241
DetailersDomain

is it painted a matte finish?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #242
TedW

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
is it painted a matte finish?
I believe it is a hood wrap. Matte black. Car is ordered. Build date: 5/13. Trying to get a head start.
TedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #243
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Polisher

Hi Guys

I am trying to decide one 0f the following polishers the Porter Cable 7274XP versus the Meguiar's model G110v2.
The specs.on both is very close,have anyone used both and if so what is your take on it with regards to quality and performance .

Thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #244
DetailersDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Hi Guys

I am trying to decide one 0f the following polishers the Porter Cable 7274XP versus the Meguiar's model G110v2.
The specs.on both is very close,have anyone used both and if so what is your take on it with regards to quality and performance .

Thanks
Pick up the Griots Random Orbital Polisher better than both models you mentioned. Backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.

The PC is a bit dated, we no longer carry them.

Griot's more power than both in a new design.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #245
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Thanks very much for your response,much appreciated.Where would I be able to purchased this particular model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Pick up the Griots Random Orbital Polisher better than both models you mentioned. Backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.

The PC is a bit dated, we no longer carry them.

Griot's more power than both in a new design.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #246
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Thanks very much for your response,much appreciated.Where would I be able to purchased this particular model.
Seeing as how DD recommended it and they are a detailing supply seller, i'd bet you could order one from them.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #247
DetailersDomain

yes we have them in stock and ready to go.

Order here - Griot's Random Orbital Polisher Base Kit
Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #248
DetailersDomain

Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #249
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Hey guys,

I took delivery of my 1LE two days ago that was built back around the week of 4/22. Yesterday iwas invited to a cars and coffee event this sunday hosted by one of the wealthiest guys in our neck of the woods. My car will probably be the least expensive car there as most cara will be exotics driven up from the cities in NY, NJ, CT and Boston metro. Regardless I want to make the car look presentable.

Can I seal/wax this new paint?
I have yet to purchase any of the high quality stuff that vendors like detailers domain have to offer but is there anything I can use from typical retailers to get by in a pinch?

Needless to say I will be placing an order of Sonax and auto finesse items no later then Saturday.
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #250
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Mothers gold carnauba paste wax is great stuff, probably the best over the counter.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #251
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
Detail in a pinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Mothers gold carnauba paste wax is great stuff, probably the best over the counter.
Thank you for the response. I've previously used Mothers and was happy with it on the cheap used cars that I've owned since my divorce over ten years ago. This new car is sort of my redemption from it.

I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and it's nothing short of impressive to see the amount of help and useful info at Camaro5.

I've heard people say not to seal or polish a new car right away... What's your opinion on this?
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #252
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdi View Post
Thank you for the response. I've previously used Mothers and was happy with it on the cheap used cars that I've owned since my divorce over ten years ago. This new car is sort of my redemption from it.

I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and it's nothing short of impressive to see the amount of help and useful info at Camaro5.

I've heard people say not to seal or polish a new car right away... What's your opinion on this?
That's wrong. You can seal, wax, or polish a brand new car the day you get it. The paint is baked at the factory.

What you can't do is wax or Seal a car that has been repainted at a body shop, where they do not bake the paint on. There it's crucial to wait at least 30 days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2