Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #29
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Ok i just left the dealership. We brought it to the paint shop and they tryied to get the spots out with no luck. Confirmed its deff under the paint.
There are spots on both mirrors, passager side fender, behind both back wheels and in between the back tail lights.
I now have a service claim in with Chevy customer service. They are contacting the dealership today about it. I already told them i want a new car with a discount. Lets see if i get it.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
This is why when I buy a car, before I drive it off the lot I look at it front to back top to bottom inside and out to make sure nothing is wrong with the car. If there is I get it in writing that they will fix it or if they wont agree to that, I don't accept the car and will ask for a different one. Good luck to you. I hope it works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
That's what I was wondering.

OP, you didn't notice this when you took possession of the vehicle?
Why did the OP not mention whether or not he noticed this when he took delivery of the car? Do the spots darken over time or how did this flaw slip past so many inspectors?

Imagine how many other 2014s have the same flaw but are less noticeable because of a darker paint color.

This explains why so many were bayed after built.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #31
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Me or you one is color blind
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
Casperadub70

What does OP stand for?
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 08-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #33
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Original post.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #34
Casperadub70

Original poster. Found it.
When i picked it up it was pouring down outside. I took it home and wiped it down in the garage. Ive been working 12 hour shifts since then and dont drive it everyday. First time i washed it i noticed them. Last Saturday. Been in contact with the dealership since then about it.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #35
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Why did the OP not mention whether or not he noticed this when he took delivery of the car? Do the spots darken over time or how did this flaw slip past so many inspectors?

Imagine how many other 2014s have the same flaw but are less noticeable because of a darker paint color.

This explains why so many were bayed after built.
For all we know the liquid that made those spots could have been completely clear when it left the factory and only started darkening after it was exposed to prolonged sunlight. Who knows. Definitely a strange phenomenon that I have faith Chevrolet will correct.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
Casperadub70

I really hope its not on the other 2014s.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
jcamo

Drives: 2ss/rs/2013 camaro 1LE
A repaint is nothing like factory paint ..there is no way they would be repainting my car unless the where going to run it back through the factory paint line, and they can't do that . I'm a painter by trade and I do know the difference!
jcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Ok i just left the dealership. We brought it to the paint shop and they tryied to get the spots out with no luck. Confirmed its deff under the paint.
There are spots on both mirrors, passager side fender, behind both back wheels and in between the back tail lights.
I now have a service claim in with Chevy customer service. They are contacting the dealership today about it. I already told them i want a new car with a discount. Lets see if i get it.
Casperadub70,

Glad to hear that it already sounds like you've opened a GM case regarding your current concerns. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me and I will reference your case.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #39
Casperadub70

Dealership, Chevy Customer service and the regional GM guy have all been in contact with each other. Tomorrow ill be getting a phone call with some more info and whats going to happen.
So far i told them i want a new Camaro with a discount.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #40
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Dealership, Chevy Customer service and the regional GM guy have all been in contact with each other. Tomorrow ill be getting a phone call with some more info and whats going to happen.
So far i told them i want a new Camaro with a discount.
I see,

Well I hope a satisfying outcome is decided from your case. Keep me up to date.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...some kind of contamination, if it's under the clear coat....I've never seen that spot pattern before....definetely something Chevy should look into.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #42
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
And isn't the dealership supposed to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection of the vehicle prior to the customer taking ownership?

How is it the dealership completely missed this during that process?

This is a weird situation. I hope they get this issue fixed to your liking. I honestly would not be happy with anything less than a replacement vehicle, given the number of panels this affects, and considering it was like this before you ever touched it.
That's what I was wondering. How was this not caught at the factory? When you watch those factory tour shows they lead you to believe there are human eyes checking out the cars as they come out of paint. How could they miss this, it looks horrible.

OP, they should give you another '14 with at least the same options at the same payment. Good luck.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote