Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Vmax ICEolater and RX Ported Intake Manifold

Well I had the pleasure of going down to Tracy's to do the install this morning. The only disappointing thing was the dyno that was scheduled for before and after tests got canceled last minute, but not to worry we are going to try and reschedule and put a stock manifold on to do the test hopefully soon.

now for the butt dyno results, All I can say is WOW!! With all the mods that I have put on I had really thought the only mod I had left to give me a grin was some sort of FI. The difference is night and day and it kills me I don't have the numbers to back it up right now, but I am in love right now.

The Isolator is amazing, I still can't believe after an hour drive I can put my hand on the intake manifold for 30+ seconds without burning myself, I wouldn't recomend trying this if you don't have one. So results of this have obviously been proven out recently.

The Ported intake manifold is a little different from some of the other ones that I know of, in the sense that Tracy has filled that little resevoir, designed to catch the oil that is no longer there thanks to the RX catch can, so now it is completely smooth entering the intake and obviously he has cleaned up all the other rough areas as well.

Then he did the port matching as well, as you will see from the pictures he took for the DIY thread. I have to admit this whole thing I never would have tried myself, but after watching the process it is really easy. Hopefully the ease of the job will come through in the diy thread. It was just tracing the gasket and shaving out the line with a drummel which took like 5-10 min tops. He obviously will go into more detail in his thread.

All in all for the money I can't believe the difference. This is the best mod for the money I have ever done and hopefully soon we can get some dyno numbers to see how much is the isolator and how much is the IM. All I can say is the combo is absolutely amazing!!!

Thanks again Tracy
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Thanks oolie, I ordered the ICEolator this morning...now I wanna get the IM, damn...my wife hates you guys
Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
I see it says the port matching is optional and im not really confident in doing that myself. So how important/beneficial is it really?
CTUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUnlimited View Post
I see it says the port matching is optional and im not really confident in doing that myself. So how important/beneficial is it really?

The Ice-olator gains of 20 RWHp & 25-28 RWTQ average were without port matching. The RX modified and ported IM is another story. It does need the port matching to realize the benefits.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
Ah i see, good to know! So if i end up getting the ported IM this summer like i plan, then i have to do the port matching. Not when i just get the ice-olator. Thanks!
CTUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
more good stuff!

I can't wait to get my insulator....and maybe your dyno results will be enough for me to think about doing the ported work as well. lol...well see!

Looking forward to the dynos.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
OOLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
more good stuff!

I can't wait to get my insulator....and maybe your dyno results will be enough for me to think about doing the ported work as well. lol...well see!

Looking forward to the dynos.
Hopefully soon! I know Tracy is just swamped down there too.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
That is some AWESOME news. Mine is in the FED X truck. I plan to do some dyno runs after the install too. Maybe within the next month.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
That is some AWESOME news. Mine is in the FED X truck. I plan to do some dyno runs after the install too. Maybe within the next month.
My local track here first day for test and tune is in two weeks I'm going to try my best to be there the first day! Hopefully I can come home with low 13's and maybe even break into 12's depending on the DA and if I can get my car all worked out by then.

Oolie, now you know what I was probably feeling when I first started testing the insulator..nice
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #10
OOLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
My local track here first day for test and tune is in two weeks I'm going to try my best to be there the first day! Hopefully I can come home with low 13's and maybe even break into 12's depending on the DA and if I can get my car all worked out by then.

Oolie, now you know what I was probably feeling when I first started testing the insulator..nice
Yep really wanting to run this thing on the quarter now!! Yeah just when I thought things were getting dull with our cars we just got a caffine kick. Hoping your Trifecta tests next week work out. I love to see us all working together to make our cars better.

I just hope the LFX guys end up with the same community we have.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #11
Fireman_af

Drives: 2019 2SS
Will there be one for the 2012 v6?
Fireman_af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Yep really wanting to run this thing on the quarter now!! Yeah just when I thought things were getting dull with our cars we just got a caffine kick. Hoping your Trifecta tests next week work out. I love to see us all working together to make our cars better.

I just LFX guys end up with the same community we have.
Oh.. boy I'm running the reworked initial cam phase tune now... everytime I press on the gas my face look like this the torque is definitely there especially in the low to mid rpm.. I took the new power for weak earlier today and when I mashed the gas in 3rd gear the needle went to redline so fast I ended up paying for it by hitting the rev limiter at 7k rpm. My heart dropped at that point and I was praying that I didn't end up throwing a rod or something. Hopefully we can finish up soon enough so you all can experience what I am experiencing already you know we are all like a big family here, help is only a pm away so don't hesitate!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Oh.. boy I'm running the reworked initial cam phase tune now... everytime I press on the gas my face look like this the torque is definitely there especially in the low to mid rpm.. I took the new power for weak earlier today and when I mashed the gas in 3rd gear the needle went to redline so fast I ended up paying for it by hitting the rev limiter at 7k rpm. My heart dropped at that point and I was praying that I didn't end up throwing a rod or something. Hopefully we can finish up soon enough so you all can experience what I am experiencing already you know we are all like a big family here, help is only a pm away so don't hesitate!

BMORE... YOU MADE ME SO HAPPY!!!! LOL!!!

Post that under... Trifecta Still Going.. Silly
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
BMORE... YOU MADE ME SO HAPPY!!!! LOL!!!

Post that under... Trifecta Still Going.. Silly

I was going to update the page after I hear back from vince but oolie just had to bring it out of me LOL. I will go ahead and update the official thread a little later