Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #673
jol13

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
Hello. I’ve been lurking on this site for years now. I’ve owned 3 other Camaros, and have had one since I was 17. I bought a 2SS RS L99 on 12/11/2009. I came across this tread before purchasing and asked the salesman not to put gas in the car unless he was certain the dealership had 93 octane. He told me that the tank was already full and was noncommittal about the octane.
Last night I decided to try the fuse pull, despite not expecting any significant difference. Wow, was I wrong. I didn’t think the car was slow before, but after a test drive I can feel a huge difference, particularly off the line.
Just wanted to thank PQ, who I believed posted the initial information. This site is a great place for information.
jol13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #674
Fourth Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol13 View Post
Hello. I’ve been lurking on this site for years now. I’ve owned 3 other Camaros, and have had one since I was 17. I bought a 2SS RS L99 on 12/11/2009. I came across this tread before purchasing and asked the salesman not to put gas in the car unless he was certain the dealership had 93 octane. He told me that the tank was already full and was noncommittal about the octane.
Last night I decided to try the fuse pull, despite not expecting any significant difference. Wow, was I wrong. I didn’t think the car was slow before, but after a test drive I can feel a huge difference, particularly off the line.
Just wanted to thank PQ, who I believed posted the initial information. This site is a great place for information.
What is your VIN number?
I've seen some talk about it being an early production issue.
My VIN is in the 23,000 range.
Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #675
jol13

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS
If I’m reading the VIN correctly, using the 12th through 17th digits, I’m in the 160,000 range.
jol13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #676
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Has GM fixed this problem in the most recent cars? My car had a TPW of 12/21 and they didn't finish building it before closing for the holidays. So, my car will be finished the week of Jan. 11 (I hope). This issue really should be resolved by now by GM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #677
Fourth Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1-5th Camaro
Quote:
If I’m reading the VIN correctly, using the 12th through 17th digits, I’m in the 160,000 range.

The 60,000 range ( I don't think production is that high), but thanks.

That is not an "early" production issue.....

Fourth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #678
Lakotah

Drives: 2015 1LE Charcoal Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Ok have you been getting your gas at the same gas station? What brand?
I have tried Exxon, Chevron, and Valero(prev. Diamond Shamrock)
No Change. No improvement.

I have an appointment at the Dealers on Tuesday AM. Will be there at 0800hrs. when they open. We have talked back and forth over the holidays and even one of the Salesman has called and checked up on me and the car. He wasn't even the one who sold it to me. He is very knowledgeable about Camaros and has offered some insight into the issue. So, the dealer is making all efforts to get it sorted.
Hopefully we can get the issue resolved.
Lakotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #679
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakotah View Post
I have tried Exxon, Chevron, and Valero(prev. Diamond Shamrock)
No Change. No improvement.

I have an appointment at the Dealers on Tuesday AM. Will be there at 0800hrs. when they open. We have talked back and forth over the holidays and even one of the Salesman has called and checked up on me and the car. He wasn't even the one who sold it to me. He is very knowledgeable about Camaros and has offered some insight into the issue. So, the dealer is making all efforts to get it sorted.
Hopefully we can get the issue resolved.

If you have a BP near you try them. I have been using them since I have had my car and have loved it. The reason I choose them is because they have th Amco fuel add to the premium.

Try it and see how you like it.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #680
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Ok Guys, heres the results:

Before Fuse pull

TC - 6.04
TC Off - 6.24
Comp Mode - 5.71

After Fuse Pull - Sat for almost 4 days with Fuses pulled.

TC - 6.03
TC Off - 6.25
Comp Mode - 5.72

I did several runs and all modes were within a couple tenths. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me or the watch getting very different readings.

This seems slow compared to the other numbers I have seen posted by other members as well as GM having Camaros with no Issues.
Still something wrong. You're right. that's LS territory.

Quote:

Mine was the one that blew the issue wide open, but only because mine was highly documented on the site. It was Scott that called me to pull the fuses because he read where GMRULZ had his car Tuned and the tuner pulled these fuses.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #681
Lakotah

Was supposed to take it to the dealer Tuesday. Called Monday to verify appointment. Service manager wanted to get with GM before I brought it in. Just gettin back from Holidays so he needed to hear from GM on the situation. Which is good and maybe that will cut some of the down time out when I get it there.
So I will be taking it next Tuesday. Hopefully will know more then. Will keep everybody posted.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #682
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Was supposed to take it to the dealer Tuesday. Called Monday to verify appointment. Service manager wanted to get with GM before I brought it in. Just gettin back from Holidays so he needed to hear from GM on the situation. Which is good and maybe that will cut some of the down time out when I get it there.
So I will be taking it next Tuesday. Hopefully will know more then. Will keep everybody posted.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #683
Lakotah

Ok guys, a quick update. Talked with Pablo at Fastlane on Friday. Gonna go up there and make a pull or 2 and see what they think.

Results to follow.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #684
terryzx

Drives: 2010 Grand Sport M6 Black Vette
is this fuse pull only for the aNer Camaro?

Will it work on my new Corvette also?
terryzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #685
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Ok guys, a quick update. Talked with Pablo at Fastlane on Friday. Gonna go up there and make a pull or 2 and see what they think.

Results to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryzx View Post
is this fuse pull only for the aNer Camaro?

Will it work on my new Corvette also?
Concept is the same but I gotta believe your Vette will adjust correctly allready. And dealers allready know not to put low grade fuel in them.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #686
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Results to follow.
Shouldn't need a dyno to figure out which Octane table you are on.

Although Pablo is definitely the right guy to get you fixed up...