Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 06-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #267
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
do i need to beat it on NM first before getting the stuff to go to whimsyshyre?
Yes, you need to beat diablo on each difficulty before upgrading the staff to that specific difficulty

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #268
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I hit 54 last night IIRC. I bought a bunch of gold find gear for 2-3k each and will be farming regular whimsyshyre tonight to get gold to buy some MF gear to farm NM whimsyshyre to finish gearing up for hell. I beat the butcher last night solo in hell only dying once, but definitely need to get some better gear. I just don't have 100-950k to buy new pieces with. Still wearing level 26 pants and a 28 ring.
Magic Find gear really is not worth it at all. I watched a live stream of Athene (one of the top D3 players in the world) where he had 400+ Magic Find and killed Diablo on Inferno. All of it was trash gear, nothing special at all. He also did Inferno Whymsire with 400+ MF and did not get anything other than blue gear from the clouds (chests) and nothing but crappy rares from the elite packs.

You're much better off just farming for gold. The best way to do this is go get to 60, get some decent cheap gear, and then farm Whymshire on Hell with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor. This gives you 15% MF and Gold Find per buff, max of 5. You get 1 stack per elite pack or rare (blue or yellow names). With a 5 stack, you're also guaranteed to get to get extra loot from bosses, so farming Butcher on Hell pretty good, too.

You can find decent gear for sub 100k most of the time, you just have to shop around. Until you really want to start progressing through Act 2 Inferno, you can get away with 25-30k health and minimal resistances if you can kite well enough. Once you get good enough gear, you can farm Inferno Butcher with 5 stacks of NV to try and farm gear instead of gold.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #269
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
Magic Find gear really is not worth it at all. I watched a live stream of Athene (one of the top D3 players in the world) where he had 400+ Magic Find and killed Diablo on Inferno. All of it was trash gear, nothing special at all. He also did Inferno Whymsire with 400+ MF and did not get anything other than blue gear from the clouds (chests) and nothing but crappy rares from the elite packs.

You're much better off just farming for gold. The best way to do this is go get to 60, get some decent cheap gear, and then farm Whymshire on Hell with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor. This gives you 15% MF and Gold Find per buff, max of 5. You get 1 stack per elite pack or rare (blue or yellow names). With a 5 stack, you're also guaranteed to get to get extra loot from bosses, so farming Butcher on Hell pretty good, too.

You can find decent gear for sub 100k most of the time, you just have to shop around. Until you really want to start progressing through Act 2 Inferno, you can get away with 25-30k health and minimal resistances if you can kite well enough. Once you get good enough gear, you can farm Inferno Butcher with 5 stacks of NV to try and farm gear instead of gold.
I've noticed a substantial increase in blues when I wear my 149% MF set when compared with my DPS set. I've been running Act 1 repeatedly for XP and gold farming, and I sell all blues and almost all yellows immediately now. I pull in a lot more gold from sold blues/yellows with MF than without..

GF does affect gold drop, I'm sure...and it may be you pull in more per run just on gold. I pick up ALL things that drop (whites & greys too), and when I fill up, I go sell. I would guess I've been picking up 6-8 extra blues per run, and maybe 1 more yellow on average with my MF set. That's about 2500 more gold from items,
Old 06-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #270
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
GF does affect gold drop, I'm sure...and it may be you pull in more per run just on gold. I pick up ALL things that drop (whites & greys too), and when I fill up, I go sell. I would guess I've been picking up 6-8 extra blues per run, and maybe 1 more yellow on average with my MF set. That's about 2500 more gold from items,
Picking up white and grey items is a waste of time. They all sell for less then 20 gold each. It also doubles or triples your trip to the vendor and makes your farming run that much longer. I stopped picking them up about halfway through Act 1 on normal.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #271
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Picking up white and grey items is a waste of time. They all sell for less then 20 gold each. It also doubles or triples your trip to the vendor and makes your farming run that much longer. I stopped picking them up about halfway through Act 1 on normal.
Point is, I can easily see the ratio of blue items I get at high MF does make a difference as far as how often blues drop. By a substantial amount. When I go out, and over 1/2 my drops are blues...compared with 1/4 or 1/3 without...it's noticable.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #272
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Just cleared normal last week.

Currently lvl 41 monk, working my way through Act 2 in Nightmare.

It seems to me that act 2 is the "gear check" for each difficulty level. I've heard that Inferno is incredibly hard for monks/melee, so I will likely do SK runs on nightmare and hell to farm and get level 60 if I don't reach said level by the end of hell.

Hoping to have about 20 mil by the time I start working on act II inferno.

Anyone else disappointed by the blacksmithing system? Spent about 300k getting to level 5 and still cant make anything useful.

Having a blast so far though, love this game. Once I get up to higher levels I'll post up my info to join some co-op with you guys!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #273
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:

Is this Athene the same as the WoW player Athene? Guy was freaking crazy, inspired me to solo doomwalker on my DK before they got nerfed
Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #274
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Is this Athene the same as the WoW player Athene? Guy was freaking crazy, inspired me to solo doomwalker on my DK before they got nerfed
Yup, same one. He currently holds all Inferno boss speed kill records. www.athenelive.com is his livecast. He gets up to 290k damage fully buffed. His Butcher speed kill is in 3 seconds!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #275
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

I'm curious how many legendaries people have found so far. If you can, list your level (or levels) to give an idea of how much you've played. If you've played the over 60 stuff, maybe list playtime.

I'm at 100 hours on my level 60, a level 45, a few level 20's and a level 9.

I've found 7 legendaries from a level 8 item to a recent level 51. Just looking for a comparison. My MF hasn't always been 149%, but it's always been a focus.

Edit: I found 3 legendaries last night.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 06-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #276
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

I've only found 2 legendaries so far. A really cheap sword that went for 15k, and 50+ bracers that I got 400k for. I never run any magic find gear specifically, but I think some of my gear has it anyway and I'm at around 35%. Not sure what my played time is, but pretty high. I have a 60 Witch Doctor, 23 Barbarian, and 16 Demon Hunter. 90% of my time played will be on my WD. Even though they aren't as power as DH and Wizards, I still prefer their play style and abilities.

I saw a video of a good gold farming spot last night. Act I, really easy. You get a check point right next to the Dank Cellar and just run it over and over. I made 850k last night in a combined 2 1/2 hours of farming. I used Gold Find gear and had 160% increased gold. Average run nets about 4-5k and only takes 30-45 seconds.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #277
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
no legendaries. level 54 or 55 wizard. Been as high at 73% mf, back up to 23% now. I'm through a few quests in Act 2 hell currently.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #278
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
I've only found 2 legendaries so far. A really cheap sword that went for 15k, and 50+ bracers that I got 400k for. I never run any magic find gear specifically, but I think some of my gear has it anyway and I'm at around 35%. Not sure what my played time is, but pretty high. I have a 60 Witch Doctor, 23 Barbarian, and 16 Demon Hunter. 90% of my time played will be on my WD. Even though they aren't as power as DH and Wizards, I still prefer their play style and abilities.

I saw a video of a good gold farming spot last night. Act I, really easy. You get a check point right next to the Dank Cellar and just run it over and over. I made 850k last night in a combined 2 1/2 hours of farming. I used Gold Find gear and had 160% increased gold. Average run nets about 4-5k and only takes 30-45 seconds.

Unfortunately, the Dank Cellar isn't a 100% spawn. I'm running it right now. it's up maybe 50% of the time.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #279
matthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'm curious how many legendaries people have found so far. If you can, list your level (or levels) to give an idea of how much you've played. If you've played the over 60 stuff, maybe list playtime.

I'm at 100 hours on my level 60, a level 45, a few level 20's and a level 9.

I've found 7 legendaries from a level 8 item to a recent level 51. Just looking for a comparison. My MF hasn't always been 149%, but it's always been a focus.

Edit: I found 3 legendaries last night.
I've found 5 now, MF% averaging about 90%, and that is on a lvl 60 with about 50hours played

Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #280
matthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Unfortunately, the Dank Cellar isn't a 100% spawn. I'm running it right now. it's up maybe 50% of the time.
I prefer just farming Whymshire on hell difficulty... i know it may end up in less items/gold overall but its more fun and less of a tedious "job" than doing a 40 second run over and over again