Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
You won't believe this story folks. The HORROR!

Here a horror story for ya.

So I posted earlier that I traded my 2SS with sunroof in for a 2SS without sunroof. I was finally happy with the headroom. Got the car Saturday and have been sitting in the garage admiring it when tragedy STRUCK!

I noticed on the right rear quarter panel that the paint was dull looking like wax had not been rubbed all the way off. Noticed this Sunday. Thought the detailer just did a crap job. Figured I would hit that area with a cloth later in the week.

So monday I got my cloth and started buffing. The marks would not come out. THen I wipped out the turtle wax and put a nice coat on it. Waited.. buffed off, still there. Then I rubbed real hard with my thumb, still there. Now I am baffled. How is this stuff not coming off. THen it hit me, it was UNDER the clear coat. Immediately my heart dropped. Was this a repainted car? I started to look for more evidence. I opened the passenger door and looked along the seam and BAM! Paint line. It was obvious. It was dusk so I pulled out the lights. BAM! Alll along the rear window seal was paint bubbles.

The damn car had been wrecked and been repainted. This is a BRAND NEW CAR! 61 miles on the clock. I was in disbelief. I immediately called the dealer. Here is what happened.

I called the sales manager. He was like what? I said yeah, its been wrecked he said he would investigate and call me back. Hour later no phone call so I packed up my stuff and headed down to the stealership. On my way there he calls and says its not wrecked and that those paint imperfections are normal. He says the car in the showroom is the same way. I say BS then phone drops signal. I am almost to stealership.

I get to the stealership and walk in. He comes out and looks at the paint discoloration and says its normal. I show him the paint line. He says that came from factory, its just a flaw. I show him the paint bubbles and where they tore the tape along the window off after the paint work. Now he has nothing to say. ITS FREAKING OBVIOUS MAN.

He says that he will schedule a body shop appointment tomorrow. I tell him the hell you will. I want a new car. He says there is nothing he can do.
I start to lose it. I refuse to leave his office. I tell him to refund my money or get me a new car. He says he can't.

Now I know its illegal to sell a car like this. After 2 hrs of arguing about it I my wife calls the family lawyer. He says they are violating law. He says to leave the car and come home and file with state attorney tomorrow. I tell the sales manager this. HE suddenly locates another car.

End of story is that they found me another identical car locally and I have it now. 5hrs arguing with them and they STILL claim that no dealership wrecked it and that it came from the FACTORY like this.

You freaking believe it??

They sold me a wrecked car as NEW and then tried to lie about it. Nice job.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
No offense man, but this is what you are going to deal with when you buy cars off the lot. You can NEVER trust ANY dealership. Custom build your car and wait 6-8 weeks for it or go home and don't complain about issues like this. Every dealership is basically out to get you somehow, any way they can. Lesson learned hopefully. I mean, they shouldn't have put you in that position in the first place, but that doesn't stop them from lying to you. Best way to deal with liars and cheaters is to take preemtive action and avoid the possibility of them screwing you with a wrecked car. Waiting for dealership deals and discounts is like forfeiting your rights to own a true new car without any complications.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Umm...it is back on the lot right now...what is the name of the dealership? Where is this at least so that others do not get scammed?
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
No offense man, but this is what you are going to deal with when you buy cars off the lot. You can NEVER trust ANY dealership. Custom build your car and wait 6-8 weeks for it or go home and don't complain about issues like this. Every dealership is basically out to get you somehow, any way they can. Lesson learned hopefully. I mean, they shouldn't have put you in that position in the first place, but that doesn't stop them from lying to you. Best way to deal with liars and cheaters is to take preemtive action and avoid the possibility of them screwing you with a wrecked car.
It's thinking like that which perpetuates this very stigma. HOWEVER, some cannot be trusted, and it is obvious when talking/dealing with them which is the case.

Having bought a car off the lot, I'm sure there is a special (not really the right word but you all know what I mean) feeling associated with custom ordering a car knowing it is YOUR order that is bringing the car to life.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
MacTruck

Quote:
Custom build your car and wait 6-8 weeks for it or go home and don't complain about issues like this.

I shouldn't complain? Would you have ordered your car if the had the one you wanted exactly? Think not. Seeing people drive all over the US to avoid the 8 week build time. I think I will complain.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Umm...it is back on the lot right now...what is the name of the dealership? Where is this at least so that others do not get scammed?

To OP .. Is it may be possible it came to the dealer that way? Either way during the inspection they should have found this.

Sorry to hear about this .. glad you got a new ride though ..

Crowley
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes, post the dealership information right here. Even if they made things right, they still deserve to be punished for their insolence and trickery!!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
MacTruck

Quote:

Black on black 2SS/RS manual without sunroof. AVOID!!

Here is the VIN off the damaged car:

2G1FT1EW6A9163353

Last edited by MacTruck; 01-26-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
I shouldn't complain? Would you have ordered your car if the had the one you wanted exactly? Think not. Seeing people drive all over the US to avoid the 8 week build time. I think I will complain.
You want peace of mind, then you have to wait. I ordered mine on January first and waited till June 12th for delivery. If you are in a hurry, nonsense like this happens. Be patient or don't complain about dealership antics. Best to avoid the dealership process as much as possible but you need to relax and think with your brain and not your heart.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
MacTruck

Quote:
You want peace of mind, then you have to wait. I ordered mine on January first and waited till June 12th for delivery. If you are in a hurry, nonsense like this happens. Be patient or don't complain about dealership antics. Best to avoid the dealership process as much as possible.

What is stopping them from getting your car in, backing it off the truck and running it into a wall, carting it into the body shop and fixing it up then calling you the next day to say your car came in. Ordering does not protect you from these antics.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #11
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Weather it was wrecked or just repainted, it was an inferior repair and they can not expect you to accept the car like that. It's very stressfull to have to fight a dealer for what is right. Don't they know the customer is always right?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Thats why I cringe when I keep seeing people post about taking damaged cars to the dealer bodyshop to get it fixed right. No doubt most of those guys can do quality work. Question is are they getting paid by the hour or by the job? That can make a big difference in the final outcome.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
What is stopping them from getting your car in, backing it off the truck and running it into a wall, carting it into the body shop and fixing it up then calling you the next day to say your car came in. Ordering does not protect you from these antics.
Probably because I watched them unload the truck, park it, and prep it. All a matter of dedication I suppose.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
No offense man, but this is what you are going to deal with when you buy cars off the lot. You can NEVER trust ANY dealership. Custom build your car and wait 6-8 weeks for it or go home and don't complain about issues like this. Every dealership is basically out to get you somehow, any way they can. Lesson learned hopefully. I mean, they shouldn't have put you in that position in the first place, but that doesn't stop them from lying to you. Best way to deal with liars and cheaters is to take preemtive action and avoid the possibility of them screwing you with a wrecked car. Waiting for dealership deals and discounts is like forfeiting your rights to own a true new car without any complications.
Many cars that were ordered showed up damaged. They don't use different shipping techniques between ordered cars and lot cars. Damage gets fixed at the dealer either way.