Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
matt talking about the camaro... again

Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
i hate this guy... he's always reeked of know-it-all douche to me. not to mention the fact that he's a notorious mustang fanboy

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Guy sounds like a Ford fan to me. I guess he hasnt noticed all the plastic in the Mustang he loves so much? Somehow he seemed to miss that...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
Jordan91

Drives: 2010 camaro..soon
the problem with mustang fans is they went so long without any real muscle car competition so they feel threatened. personally i dont get why they hate so much i like the camaro more than the mustang just because i like the appearance and style of the camaro but the funny thing is he says that over the last year hes seen so many camaros that hes sick of them. for me its the other way around i see about 20 mustangs for every 1 camaro i see on the road. i just really wish people would let bygones be bygones and just let it go everyone has preferences towards one thing or another and for someone whos been driving a mustang for 20 odd years of course the feel of the camaro will be strange but dont knock a car just because its different.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
reocamaro

Drives: car
I guess I'm going to be attacked for this, but aside from the mustang comparisons (which I have no experience on) I thought his review was very close to what I would complain about with this car. Sounds like he's left a bad taste in your mouth from a previous time. I'm assuming that while we all have our gripes, I don't find anything wrong w/ the video. If that video was purposefully placed on this site from the smoking tire, then I'd find it in poor taste, but as is, it's just another guys opinion.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
After about 15 seconds in? Maybe 18...I thought "Who cares?" in response his epic question that's about....a year too late.

The guy is aspiring to be something big, and I give him credit. I just don't like his style of 'review'.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
JJChevy

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS
I agree with some of the things he said. The interior has been a hot topic of discussion and how many of us have complained about the clutch and also changed out the shifter?

I actually like the steering wheel that he didn't and despite some of the other "shortcomings" discussed, I still smile to myself every time I get into my Camaro, even if I pass 5 of them on the way to work.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
this guy is definitely a mustang guy. And no good can ever come from a mustang fan reviewing a camaro
Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
reocamaro

Drives: car
I'll admit I'm not nearly as much of a diehard fan as some of you guys on this site, but I do find a pride in the things I own, and I realize that there are very good things about this car that has lead me to own it. And for now, when I walk past my car, I do think "oh whoever owns that must have a lot of fun when they go out!" and except for the occasional stalling... I do!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
"I see dozens of rental V6 Camaros everyday. I mean if I see 50 of them a day. It is not even an exaggeration."

I don't understand what he is saying about rentals. Is he saying these cars are offered as rentals through rental services or is he slighting Camaro owners - saying that no one would own one, just rent one? If he is talking about rental cars, maybe the reason he is seeing that many rentals on the road is because people PREFER Camaros over other cars and I would think that meant the Camaro has not lost its edginess.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
kagenish

Drives: Black 2SS(Coming Soon)
mustang fan
Old 08-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Mustang troll
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
really don't like this guy..i hate when people review cars and they are already biased to one or the other which in this case the shitstang

"styling isn't everything..can't see a ***damn thing outa here" he really should stop his bitching its not hard to get used to

"i wear a size 12 wide and still have a hard time heel toeing this" sounds like a personal problem to me

Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Yeah, his bit about the Camaro being jumpy just isn't true. I drove mine for two days and had the balance between the clutch and gas worked out to smooth shifts easily. (granted, I've never owned or driven anything but stick shifts, but it was still very easy to get used to) I've had mine for nine days now, and I've only stalled once so far. That was only because I accidentally tried to take off in third and not first gear, and that was on day two. I think the Camaro is very forgiving in this regard, it seems to be a lot harder to stall it than any other stick shift I've ever driven.

He is definitely a Mustang fan, and it shows. I see way more Mustangs on the road than other Camaros. It makes mine really stand out in my area.

Closed Thread