Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #211
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
I'm going to venture to guess that 100% of the camaros (with spoilers) will have this problem eventually.
ackeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #212
rdaggett

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS
been dealing with GM customer Service for 2 weeks now and I am getting tired of calling them every day and getting the District Managers voice mail or talking to the Philippine Call center that wont escalate the matter. So I emailed chevy today ....

I currently have a case open with 71-881111789 and I have been calling back day after day to speak with the district manager Paul ever since he left the first voice mail with me about a week ago. I continue to only get his voice mail and the customer support call center in the Philippines continues to only direct me to him. The only time that I have talked to any district manager was 2 days ago and stated he couldn't do anything other than contact Paul and make sure he calls me. The problem with the rear wing chipping the trunk lid with 2010 and early 2011 is a well known problem and I showed my local dealer 4 of the 8 Camaro's on the lot with the same problem. The reaction was WOW and they didn't know about this.

I have wanted a Camaro for the last 24 years and when my wife got me this it has been a life long dream come true. I didn't expect my dream car to have a defect from the factory. I want this problem resolved with the solution that I proposed in the ticket mentioned above will cost GM less under warranty repair.

If this is not resolves soon and a TSB or Recall created for all of my fellow generation 5 camaro owners I will have no choice then to report this to the media in the local Washington DC market including the Washington Post, USA Today, Washington Times and local TV stations.

Thank you
rdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #213
vwilson686

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2LT/RS
Just heard from my dealer. I drop off my car on Monday. They are getting me a car to drive while they have it. Now just to see if they fix it right. I asked what the plan was and they indicated it would be to replace the rubber gaskets and to repaint the entire trunk lid. Keeping my fingers crossed, but based on some of the experiences y'all have had, I am not very confident at this point. But, they have really taken care of me and my baby up to this point. Better get some 'before' pictures this weekend.

Last edited by vwilson686; 10-28-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: updated info available
vwilson686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #214
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaggett View Post
been dealing with GM customer Service for 2 weeks now and I am getting tired of calling them every day and getting the District Managers voice mail or talking to the Philippine Call center that wont escalate the matter. So I emailed chevy today ....

I currently have a case open with 71-881111789 and I have been calling back day after day to speak with the district manager Paul ever since he left the first voice mail with me about a week ago. I continue to only get his voice mail and the customer support call center in the Philippines continues to only direct me to him. The only time that I have talked to any district manager was 2 days ago and stated he couldn't do anything other than contact Paul and make sure he calls me. The problem with the rear wing chipping the trunk lid with 2010 and early 2011 is a well known problem and I showed my local dealer 4 of the 8 Camaro's on the lot with the same problem. The reaction was WOW and they didn't know about this.

I have wanted a Camaro for the last 24 years and when my wife got me this it has been a life long dream come true. I didn't expect my dream car to have a defect from the factory. I want this problem resolved with the solution that I proposed in the ticket mentioned above will cost GM less under warranty repair.

If this is not resolves soon and a TSB or Recall created for all of my fellow generation 5 camaro owners I will have no choice then to report this to the media in the local Washington DC market including the Washington Post, USA Today, Washington Times and local TV stations.

Thank you
Why can't your dealer fix it? It's a pretty simple fix. They can call GM Technical Assistance and have the parts sent to them.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #215
rdaggett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Why can't your dealer fix it? It's a pretty simple fix. They can call GM Technical Assistance and have the parts sent to them.

Agreed this is a simple fix if you have any color other than IOM or the synergy since it is a pearl metallic paint ..... they would need to blend all the QPs and bumper cover and the painter will never get an exact match to the factory paint and I am not going for that .... I bought a car that I have wanted for a long long time not to have it in my garage for the rest of my life noticing the difference for as long as that is....
Old 10-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #216
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
My dealer wants to fix mine also.but they want to paint the entire deck lid.There is about a 2.5 inch long area below the right side of spoiler where the paint is gone.
Has anyone out there had to have the whole deck lid painted? And my car issynergy green, how hard is it to match color?
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #217
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Agreed this is a simple fix if you have any color other than IOM or the synergy since it is a pearl metallic paint ..... they would need to blend all the QPs and bumper cover and the painter will never get an exact match to the factory paint and I am not going for that .... I bought a car that I have wanted for a long long time not to have it in my garage for the rest of my life noticing the difference for as long as that is....
IOM is not that tough to match. It's not a pearl or tri -coat. I've seen dealer's do it perfectly. I bought a body colored XM antenna in IOM from a local dealer and it matches perfectly. And they did not even have my car, they just used the paint code.

I doubt they will have to touch the bumper or quarters. Out of everyone having this fixed I haven't heard of anyone having to get the paint blended in. A good painter will mix up to the formula, spray a test card, hold it against the car and adjust tinting if needed.

Doors and fenders can be tougher to match perfectly because your staring at the whole big side of the car. So painters often blend a whole side in. But the decklid in a basic color and clear formula, should turn out good with no blending needed. I know the paint code and formula for IOM must be spot on, because my painted antenna looks absolutely perfect sitting against my roof paint.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #218
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
Russell is correct... My bodyman friend of 40 years, would spot the repair, under the spoiler, and respray all the clear... thats the nice part of base/clear... Repairs are easier... The fellows, who are having the trunk lids re-sprayed, must have some awful damage??? Thank God, my was 2 marks, the size of a stone chip...Carl
Old 10-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #219
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Got a call from my dealer today, they haven’t heard anything from GM yet. So they are going to take care of it next week. Going to meet with them on Mon. and we are going to figure out something. Either paint the whole deck or "touch up". I am leaning to painting the deck, not real worried about the mismatch paint. These guys did my 97' when someone backed/ drove into the front of the car in a parking lot (no note of course). Fixed the beak and matched the paint perfectly. So I will see. They are covering the loaner car too. I will post an update on it when I know more.

Again, c’mon GM, at least get a bulletin out!
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #220
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
do you all think before damage occurs remove spoiler and have the spoiler area clear bra
Old 10-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #221
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
do you all think before damage occurs remove spoiler and have the spoiler area clear bra
I would imagine that any sort of additional protection couldn't hurt... although it seems as if you're good as long as you establish / maintain proper spacing. If the spoiler is touching the decklid, you will (at some point) have this problem. So... and this is simply my personal opinion... is that if you have the spacing issue on your car, I would get the spoiler off now and fix it before you get any damage. Removing the spoiler will also let you know if there is already something going on that may not be visible. The damage to mine was primarily hidden... I didn't see it until I got the spoiler off.
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #222
transamguy

Drives: 10 camaro LT(syn)
same issue here dropped it off they asked me if i wanted it touched up or repainted i said i dont car as long as i cant see it and the color matches i hope it doses as its synergy green.
transamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #223
rdaggett

Just to let everyone know ... after being d!cked around by the GM phillipino call center, I call GM HQ in Detroit. I have been dealing with Executive support located in Detroit since Friday and they are going to do 1 of a couple things.

1. Replace my trunk lid with a factory painted IOM lid and replace the gasket kit with the new updated one.

2. Purchase the aftermarket wing SDP1 in IOM, spot fix the chips, install MPD1 with the updated gasket kit.

Just to let everyone know the execs at GM stated that there will be a TSB out shortly on this.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #224
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
Just to let everyone know ... after being d!cked around by the GM phillipino call center, I call GM HQ in Detroit. I have been dealing with Executive support located in Detroit since Friday and they are going to do 1 of a couple things.

1. Replace my trunk lid with a factory painted IOM lid and replace the gasket kit with the new updated one.

2. Purchase the aftermarket wing SDP1 in IOM, spot fix the chips, install MPD1 with the updated gasket kit.

Just to let everyone know the execs at GM stated that there will be a TSB out shortly on this.
Did they have a number for the gasket kit? My dealer is still in the dark about that. I just want mine touched up and the spoiler raised.

Tags
chip, paint, spoiler