Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #729
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
laptop is hooked up to my external display, the laptop screen goes black, and the external display changes to "no signal", but the cpu fan is still running. sound is also lost.

it's a dell XPS m1330 (13" laptop) running windows 7 Pro 64-bit
2.53ghz core 2 duo T9300
4gb ram
Nvidia 8400M GS

my first thought was graphics card (m1330 is famous for the nvidia card dieing in it) but that doesn't seem to make much sense anymore, seeing as i can hard-reboot and everything works fine.
hmm, yeah the card isn't dieing. Do you know if you have the latest drivers for it? Sometimes that helps. Does the laptop feel hot at all when it crashes? My gf's laptop has a serious overheating problem, she bought one of those lil fan platforms to put under it and that helped out a lot.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #730
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i might have to look into one of those.
the computer is warm, but I've seen it run hotter than when it crashes.

I'm about to go on the dell site and download every driver for my computer, just to make sure i didn't miss any when i did the win7 64-bit upgrade (used to have vista ultimate 32-bit)

if worst comes to worst, i'll contact activision/infinity ward and see if they know anything that could cause it. i hate contacting support departments though...
Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 AM   #731
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Ok so I'm in the middle of a fire fight, and I lay down behind a wall of sandbags to avoid getting hit. Right in front of me is a yellow fire hydrant.

Guy inadvertently shoots the fire hydrant and water starts shooting out of all sides.. nothing too special... seen it before.

Anyways, bout 5 seconds later, the TOP of the fire hydrant comes shooting off under the pressure of the water, hits me, and I die.

****me.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #732
respect is earned

Drives: an autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Ok so I'm in the middle of a fire fight, and I lay down behind a wall of sandbags to avoid getting hit. Right in front of me is a yellow fire hydrant.

Guy inadvertently shoots the fire hydrant and water starts shooting out of all sides.. nothing too special... seen it before.

Anyways, bout 5 seconds later, the TOP of the fire hydrant comes shooting off under the pressure of the water, hits me, and I die.

****me.
hahahahahahahaha wow terrible luck right there i was playing teamdeath match last night and just for kicks i put a noob toob on the scar and wanted to shot across the map right at the begining to see if i could kill anyone. well i ended up getting 5 kills right off the bat i thought it was sweet but at the same time if i was them id be so pissed
respect is earned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #733
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by respect is earned View Post
hahahahahahahaha wow terrible luck right there i was playing teamdeath match last night and just for kicks i put a noob toob on the scar and wanted to shot across the map right at the begining to see if i could kill anyone. well i ended up getting 5 kills right off the bat i thought it was sweet but at the same time if i was them id be so pissed
Yea on almost every level, there is an angle which you can usually get a couple quick kills with the noob toob.

Can't say I haven't done it myself..........
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #734
respect is earned

Drives: an autobot
Quote:
Yea on almost every level, there is an angle which you can usually get a couple quick kills with the noob toob.

Can't say I haven't done it myself..........
i need to do it more often oh yeah and i was playin domination on wasteland and this kid on my team went 24 and 0 and was snipping someone for his last kill and a person with lightweight ran through his claymore and knifed him from behind it was funny while he was screaming though
respect is earned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #735
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
i need to do it more often oh yeah and i was playin domination on wasteland and this kid on my team went 24 and 0 and was snipping someone for his last kill and a person with lightweight ran through his claymore and knifed him from behind it was funny while he was screaming though
haha sucks. I don't know how anyone could go that far w/o being killed though.... I guess I've played HC too much. Lots of dieing in that mode.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #736
Brokinarrow

Quote:

****me.
I saw something similar on Halo 3 once. If it weren't for the replay system you wouldn't have been able to tell what happened though. Guy starts of a game and shoots some explodey barrels in the middle of the map (smaller map). Barrels explode and BAM he's dead. When he went back and watched the replay, he put it in slow mo: there was a traffic cone sitting in front of the barrels, and the explosion sent it flying directly into his head Death by traffic cone!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #737
Brokinarrow

Quote:
wow.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #738
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
haha sucks. I don't know how anyone could go that far w/o being killed though.... I guess I've played HC too much. Lots of dieing in that mode.
I've seen people do it on hardcore before. I hate it!

Here I am trying to catch the HQ...and half my team is sniping!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #739
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
i actually die a lot less in hardcore, im usually 24-6, in regular im more like 12-31.

one of the guys i play with usually noob tubes the start of each map, he never used to, but it happened to us one night on every match we started, so now he just doesnt care
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #740
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I've seen people do it on hardcore before. I hate it!

Here I am trying to catch the HQ...and half my team is sniping!!!
I'm thinking S&D
Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #741
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
I'm thinking S&D
Ahh...my point still stands lol
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #742
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Ahh...my point still stands lol
The longest kill streak I've ever seen anyone get in S&D would be 12.... and that was mine.

Lot's of things have to go right for you to pull a kill streak like that in S&D... Like you need to play flawless, killing everyone on the opposing team... but you can't win all the games, otherwise you won't have a chance to get your kill's high enough