Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
ZL12013

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
Front bright 5-spoke forged aluminum wheels on nation wide backorder

I talked to GM customer care today and they told me that GM is switching wheel manufactures and they did not have a timeline of when they would be able to replace my wheel. A regional rep is suppose to contact me to discuss my options, I don't know if this affects the black wheels.

She implied that the wheels had a defect of some kind, being the reason they were switching manufactures. She was very hard to understand, I'm not sure what country I was talking to.

This is a continuation of "Chrome wheels on nationwide backorder" thread, I wanted to identify the wheel correctly as not to offend anyone.
ZL12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
jazznurse

Drives: 2012 ZL1;2011 Cruze
Let us know what the rep has to say. Thanks for the update.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Good info. I wonder if the wheel will be discontinued?
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
I got some scratches in my black wheels from a tire change and the dealer told me that the black wheel is around 3-4 weeks out... Not sure if it is affected by the same thing as well?
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
ZL12013

The rep called me today, basically she just wanted to say that she would be managing my case moving forward, she offered no information because she said she had to familiarize herself with my claim.

The best thing that came out of the call was she thought the case involve a tire instead of the wheel, I like to think that she would had figured it out eventually, it's strange that something as simple as a wheel replacement that everyone agree's was a warranty issue is getting so complicated that I need a case worker.

Hopefully nobody ends up with a damage wheel that makes their car undrivable.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL12013 View Post
The rep called me today, basically she just wanted to say that she would be managing my case moving forward, she offered no information because she said she had to familiarize herself with my claim.

The best thing that came out of the call was she thought the case involve a tire instead of the wheel, I like to think that she would had figured it out eventually, it's strange that something as simple as a wheel replacement that everyone agree's was a warranty issue is getting so complicated that I need a case worker.

Hopefully nobody ends up with a damage wheel that makes their car undrivable.
ZL12013,

We hope things go smoothly for you! Please keep us updated on this.

Ashley
GM Customer Assistance
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
BIGBLKZL1

Drives: '12 ZL1/M6
I am confused Ashley...why would you be asking him to keep you updated on this? Are you not GM Customer Assistance? Is there a barrier in the organization between you and GM Customer Care?
BIGBLKZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
theres a set on ebay if anyone is looking for a set
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBLKZL1 View Post
I am confused Ashley...why would you be asking him to keep you updated on this? Are you not GM Customer Assistance? Is there a barrier in the organization between you and GM Customer Care?
BIGBLKZL1,

I am customer assistance. In this case, ZL12013 already has an agent handling the concern. However, as a representative on this forum I like to stay informed on customer issues. I hope this helps to clarify.

Ashley
GM Customer Assistance
Old 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
ZL12013

The rep called me yesterday, she had no new info, just said she was calling to keep me informed.

She said she would call me back Monday unless she finds something out before then. She also said the dealer had until Monday to respond, I asked respond to what, I said there's no dispute with the dealer.

I asked if the wheels were on backorder, and she said she couldn't answer that until she talks to the dealer.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Miami jack

Drives: Jeep wrangler
I see alot more 2013 models coming out with the chrome wheels now so I am a bit confused with the customer service rep telling you that .?
Miami jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
ZL12013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami jack View Post
I see alot more 2013 models coming out with the chrome wheels now so I am a bit confused with the customer service rep telling you that .?
It has been strange.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
ZL12013

I called the dealer today to see if there was any progress on the wheel, I asked to talk to the parts guy that I been in contact with the last few weeks, he was on the phone so I left my information with another parts guy who told me he would call me back.

When I received a call back it was the service advisor I originally spoken with, he told me that GM was requiring pictures and I needed to bring the car back, the temperature was in the low 30's today and it is a 60 mile drive round trip. I asked if I could take the pictures and email them to him, he said fine. He said he never heard anything about cold weather affecting the tires, I told him that goodyear had a bulletin about it.

I am officially starting over with the warranty process, I guess GM did not trust the dealers opinion about the wheel. I tried calling the GM rep today but she didn't answer and did not return my call. The dealer and the GM rep clearly are not on the same page, this is the first GM product that I had in about 20 years and I have to say that I received better service with Ford over the years.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL12013 View Post
I called the dealer today to see if there was any progress on the wheel, I asked to talk to the parts guy that I been in contact with the last few weeks, he was on the phone so I left my information with another parts guy who told me he would call me back.

When I received a call back it was the service advisor I originally spoken with, he told me that GM was requiring pictures and I needed to bring the car back, the temperature was in the low 30's today and it is a 60 mile drive round trip. I asked if I could take the pictures and email them to him, he said fine. He said he never heard anything about cold weather affecting the tires, I told him that goodyear had a bulletin about it.

I am officially starting over with the warranty process, I guess GM did not trust the dealers opinion about the wheel. I tried calling the GM rep today but she didn't answer and did not return my call. The dealer and the GM rep clearly are not on the same page, this is the first GM product that I had in about 20 years and I have to say that I received better service with Ford over the years.
When I tried to order my rim (curb rashed), had to provide proof of damage along with proof of ownership for ZL1....but still no luck, GM said only for cars being currently built or wrecked rims? I was also told to check every 30days.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote