Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Being local and not staying at the host hotel I had no idea packets were even given out

Ryan
Last year we parked in the wrong spot and when we found out where to go we zoomed right by the trailer. We got waved through be the officer on duty and missed them until day 2.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
An event map/schedule. Last year we didn't know about the packets till day 2. Made day 1 at the track kinda confusing as where to park and all.
I found this to be the case with a lot of folks. We had an event program in the bags everyone should have gotten at the gate. It was complete with maps, directions, and a daily schedule. But they were forgotten or not seen/used.

This year, we're evaluating the idea of putting informational flyers out at the hotel Thursday night...as well as staffing an info-desk that night. We want to do everything that is in our power to eliminate any confusion over simple things like parking and where some key tents were (like car show signup)...

We've also got something up our sleeve to do online...and let me tell you it's been a LONG time coming....
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SOON :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I found this to be the case with a lot of folks. We had an event program in the bags everyone should have gotten at the gate. It was complete with maps, directions, and a daily schedule. But they were forgotten or not seen/used.

This year, we're evaluating the idea of putting informational flyers out at the hotel Thursday night...as well as staffing an info-desk that night. We want to do everything that is in our power to eliminate any confusion over simple things like parking and where some key tents were (like car show signup)...

We've also got something up our sleeve to do online...and let me tell you it's been a LONG time coming....

SOON <<<<<< LOL >>>>>
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Designated parking areas for clubs. I'm getting there on Wednesday this year, so it won't be a problem for me, but it would be nice to spend time with your club without worrying about someone messing with your car.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #19
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Last year was our first fest and parking at the track was a little confusing. We originally parked in the wrong lot and they didn't have any of the registration packets at that gate. Later we moved so we could get some work done at the Oracle/AAC booth, we did get a packet when we went in that gate.

If you are going to have the dyno again this year can you do a sign up online so you can reserve a spot ahead of time? I didn't even know about the mobile dyno last year until it was too late and we didn't have time to get our car on it.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would suggest figuring out the drag racing classes and rules in advance so its all out and everyone knows the deal. Having the shop car class again or making sure the owner of the car is the driver or its exhibition. Stuff like that.

And some mother F'in trophies. Keep the cash or better yet donate it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Looks like some useful ideas here. It may make sense from what it sounds like to me to be able to distribute the event bags with all the info at check-in at the hotel but some people don't stay at the host hotel so they would be needed at the track entrance like last year as well from what everyone seems to be saying. Then if there are any changes, everyone would have to keep an eye out for them posted in the lobby of the host hotel and for those again not staying at the host hotel maybe for a Internet thread that members can NOT post on for each planned event, meeting that way it will stay clean, download quick, and the guy or girl running each event be the only person that can change the info. I know from experience that putting a vendor map out there ahead of time is almost impossible because you don't always know what kind of trailers and size they will be hauling in.
I am liking the idea of more places to get bottled and canned beverages strategically placed but Indiana cant be much different then ILLinois and that is probably more under the control of the Track with necessity to get licenses and health dept. Inspections to sell any food and consumption items.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
SOON <<<<<< LOL >>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Designated parking areas for clubs. I'm getting there on Wednesday this year, so it won't be a problem for me, but it would be nice to spend time with your club without worrying about someone messing with your car.
I would hope that nobody attending this event, and staying at the host hotel would be foolish enough to mess with anyone's car. "Do unto others..."...We will have our own parking lot again, much like last year.

I can't promise officially designated car club areas...there are just too many to keep track of. And roping off spaces can get troublesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Last year was our first fest and parking at the track was a little confusing. We originally parked in the wrong lot and they didn't have any of the registration packets at that gate. Later we moved so we could get some work done at the Oracle/AAC booth, we did get a packet when we went in that gate.

If you are going to have the dyno again this year can you do a sign up online so you can reserve a spot ahead of time? I didn't even know about the mobile dyno last year until it was too late and we didn't have time to get our car on it.
Dyno sign up is a good idea...We haven't made any agreements on that specifically, yet...but if we do (I'd sincerely like to!), this suggestion is definitely a good one!

See below for a response to your first idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I would suggest figuring out the drag racing classes and rules in advance so its all out and everyone knows the deal. Having the shop car class again or making sure the owner of the car is the driver or its exhibition. Stuff like that.

And some mother F'in trophies. Keep the cash or better yet donate it.
I hear ya'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Looks like some useful ideas here. It may make sense from what it sounds like to me to be able to distribute the event bags with all the info at check-in at the hotel but some people don't stay at the host hotel so they would be needed at the track entrance like last year as well from what everyone seems to be saying. Then if there are any changes, everyone would have to keep an eye out for them posted in the lobby of the host hotel and for those again not staying at the host hotel maybe for a Internet thread that members can NOT post on for each planned event, meeting that way it will stay clean, download quick, and the guy or girl running each event be the only person that can change the info. I know from experience that putting a vendor map out there ahead of time is almost impossible because you don't always know what kind of trailers and size they will be hauling in.
I am liking the idea of more places to get bottled and canned beverages strategically placed but Indiana cant be much different then ILLinois and that is probably more under the control of the Track with necessity to get licenses and health dept. Inspections to sell any food and consumption items.
One of the biggest efforts we're making behind the scenes this year is to ensure that nothing is changed last minute. Since we've already been to this track once - there should be no reason for last minute changes...

Ideally - everyone will know exactly where to enter, exactly where to park, exactly where to find information on one thing or another...and if you don't know? Staff members who can help will be reliably available to assist.

If we can pull that off, and I intend to because it needs to be done...a lot of the confusion and minor issues that occurred last year will be avoided.

I'm happy to read these suggestions. It appears as though we're addressing the right things, and we want everyone to have a great time, so it's easy enough to incorporate improvements where we can.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I think the idea of handing out any info should be done at check-in is a good one.... unless the information becomes available online to utilize

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think the idea of handing out any info should be done at check-in is a good one.... unless the information becomes available online to utilize
I never got any packet / handout at all last year. This is the first I'm hearing about it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Signing in/registering for everything may be best served at the hotel. Would keep the line to a minimum getting into the track. (provided that the release forms could be filled out off-site/ahead of time) I think some have mentioned this, but echo here. LOL I presume that there are rain delay/rain contingencies, for events and/or closing ceremonies...
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #26
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
What about people not staying at the hotel?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #27
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I would hope that nobody attending this event, and staying at the host hotel would be foolish enough to mess with anyone's car. "Do unto others..."...We will have our own parking lot again, much like last year.
I agree, but last year someone had a shifter stolen out of their car (wasn't installed) and their car was keyed.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I agree, but last year someone had a shifter stolen out of their car (wasn't installed) and their car was keyed.

That would be me that was keyed and shifter stolen i will be going to fest this year,this time i am bringing my car cover!