Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #743
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I went in to the dealer this afternoon to see a buddy, while I was there I did a few things, I went to the parts department to see if they had IN STOCK the PDIM I needed, no luck, but there was 10 not to far away and could overnight it. Talked to the Service Manager, she told me that they have a policy that they are REQUIRED to diagnose the problem and couldn't take my word for it and order the part now, a service tech was within earshot and looked at me and ask if I had me car here....the answer was YES, he looked at the service manager and said, "It takes about 8-10 seconds to do this, then you can oprder the part NOW, he had me pull around, signed off on it, and the part was ordered and is being overnighted. I also know the lade that does all the scheduling and she moved my appointment to Thursday morning......WOO HOO!! ONE STOP SHOPPING!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #744
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
sonmeone has.....I read this thread START TO FINISH today.....and it wasn't that may posts ago that someone actually posted pics that you want.....its here....just dig around.
I already scanned this entire thread along with many others. There is no picture that I can find of a radio LCD screen displaying 'HW: DB' and 'SW: DD'.

I found on page 11 of this thread the original posting by "Gene Culley" of the multiple part numbers and the hw/sw versions supplied with each part number

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=264

I can find pictures of HW/SW => CB/CC, DA/DA, DA/DX, DB/DB but no DB/DD.

That's why I'm asking for assistance in finding the post on this site that already has it (that my searching did not find) or if someone would be kind enough to post a picture of their radio LCD screen displaying the HWB/SWD.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #745
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
I already scanned this entire thread along with many others. There is no picture that I can find of a radio LCD screen displaying 'HW: DB' and 'SW: DD'.

I found on page 11 of this thread the original posting by "Gene Culley" of the multiple part numbers and the hw/sw versions supplied with each part number

That's why I'm asking for assistance in finding the post on this site that already has it (that my searching did not find) or if someone would be kind enough to post a picture of their radio LCD screen displaying the HWB/SWD.
OH CRAP.....sorry.....thats the one i was thinking about.....it was a long day.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #746
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post

well if nothing else......I will have mine installed and will take a pic for you and post it here thrusday afternoon/evening.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #747
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
ok
when I made the appt i showed them the paper and my sw/hw.
told them they have to order a new part. they said ok they will look into it.
so I dropped the car off monday night, appt was for tuesday at 8:00am.
I called at 1:45pm to see if they were done yet so i could pick it up.
nope the guy has yet to start it and will be 45 min before he does (claimed another appointment has tied up his whole day) I said ok. (trying to be nice)

I called back at 3:45pm to check and got voice mail. left a message asking if they have fixed it or not and that I would like to have my car back to day if that was possable.

I called once more at 4:00pm since I had not heard back yet. and got put into voice mail. left number asking if i can pick it up today or what
(trying not to be crappy) cause its a 35min drive to dealer and they close at 5:00pm
so finally they call back at 4:15pm and i missed the call (was on phone with plumer because a pipe in the basement broke, story for a diff day) got message yes i can pick up car to day we will have it buttoned up when you get here. I try calling back to see if they fixed it or just looked at it, and got kicked into voice mail.
so i leave and head to dealer ship, get there at 4:55pm. notice it was sitting out front rain spots all over it and it hasn't rained for over and hour. I go inside and ask if its ready, the service writer say yet its all set. I pause, so you fixed it and replaced the module? he looks at me, no but we did find out that you do have the older one and need the new one, we put it on order and we will call you when it comes in.

(fighting back the urge to punch the guy) I ask when will it be in. he says "not sure, we didn't order it until late today and they couldn't tell us when we would have it."

(I'm thinking well if you had looked at it at 8:00am like you were supose to)

so now I have to wait until they get the part in and call me then take it back to have it installed. on top of everything else that went on yesterday, people just piss me off sometimes.
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #748
R&D

Drives: Sliver SS 2SS RS
Has any anyone had the SW flashed from HW/DB SW/DB to SW/DD by a dealer?
R&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #749
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
My GM rep told me any repair over 4 hours,should be given a loaner or rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
just a question are they supose to supply a rental for the repair.
they said they needed my car for all day. so I was wondering if they were supose to supply a rental or not. (I dont think they are and i didn't ask for one, but if they have to redo it I am going to)
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #750
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
My GM rep told me any repair over 4 hours,should be given a loaner or rental.
You are correct, I took the car in and the dealer went to another dealer to get the part, but by the time they came back with the part it was kinda late so instead of having me wait they gave me a rental and by 10 am the next day, the car was ready and now it works great.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #751
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
ok
when I made the appt i showed them the paper and my sw/hw.
told them they have to order a new part. they said ok they will look into it.
so I dropped the car off monday night, appt was for tuesday at 8:00am.
I called at 1:45pm to see if they were done yet so i could pick it up.
nope the guy has yet to start it and will be 45 min before he does (claimed another appointment has tied up his whole day) I said ok. (trying to be nice)

I called back at 3:45pm to check and got voice mail. left a message asking if they have fixed it or not and that I would like to have my car back to day if that was possable.

I called once more at 4:00pm since I had not heard back yet. and got put into voice mail. left number asking if i can pick it up today or what
(trying not to be crappy) cause its a 35min drive to dealer and they close at 5:00pm
so finally they call back at 4:15pm and i missed the call (was on phone with plumer because a pipe in the basement broke, story for a diff day) got message yes i can pick up car to day we will have it buttoned up when you get here. I try calling back to see if they fixed it or just looked at it, and got kicked into voice mail.
so i leave and head to dealer ship, get there at 4:55pm. notice it was sitting out front rain spots all over it and it hasn't rained for over and hour. I go inside and ask if its ready, the service writer say yet its all set. I pause, so you fixed it and replaced the module? he looks at me, no but we did find out that you do have the older one and need the new one, we put it on order and we will call you when it comes in.

(fighting back the urge to punch the guy) I ask when will it be in. he says "not sure, we didn't order it until late today and they couldn't tell us when we would have it."

(I'm thinking well if you had looked at it at 8:00am like you were supose to)

so now I have to wait until they get the part in and call me then take it back to have it installed. on top of everything else that went on yesterday, people just piss me off sometimes.
I feel your pain...
It's like they don't really care about being efficient. Causing you to waste YOUR time keeping them on track. It's no wonder people don't want to take their cars to dealerships!
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #752
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
If you guys need help in getting this resolved just send me your name and phone number and the same for your dealerships and I'll call and what I can to assist. Hopefully this gets you guys squared away.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #753
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
If you guys need help in getting this resolved just send me your name and phone number and the same for your dealerships and I'll call and what I can to assist. Hopefully this gets you guys squared away.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
JEFF, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

It NEVER hurts to have someone on the INSIDE having your back.

Thanks Again
Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #754
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Mine was installed today! It's gotta stay over night to be finished in the morning, speakers blew out when the crack/snap noise occurred from the PDIM flipping out one day.

Will post back tomorrow with the results!
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #755
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
What about me Jeff, you ever get ahold of mine. They called and said it was in, but i really am skeptical that its the right one.
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #756
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
What about me Jeff, you ever get ahold of mine. They called and said it was in, but i really am skeptical that its the right one.
all you need to do to KNOW what version you have and what hardware was installed......do the following:

go to your car and insert a flashdrive or anything into the USB turn the audio system on. it SHOULD look at and verify everything that is curretly attached, such as FM, AM, XM, USB, AND AUX. INPUT. select USB so that its active. THEN push in and hold down the MENU buttom and keep it held down for 8 to 10 seconds and on the display it will have the HW (hardware) and SW (softwear) versions of your PDIM......if you got the LATEST AND GREATEST.....you should have HW: DB SW: DD that is the latest update available.....if the HW version is DB but has anything other than DD your dealer can flash the system to DD. IF they installed a PDIM with a HW version of DA.....they did NOT install the latest and greatest version in your car.