Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
AI Super Chiller Up Close

Here are some close up shots of the Camaro SS Super Chiller. Still need to get one on a Whipple. This one is for a KB but Maggie is the same as far as these pics cover. This is before insulating tape is put on cold fittings. Once taped up you can’t see much.

Update:
Whipple Camaro, ZL1 and ZR1 now covered!
Also new custom AN O-ring Fittings used now not shown in these pictures.

Thie tube below is critical it can’t be kinked or cracked; there is a gas inside that makes valve work. This valve is calibrated to work on Chiller. A lot of research (trial error) has gone into maximizing performance.

I also recalibrate the stock AC Valve when a Chiller is installed. Unfortunately on a KB you can’t get to the stock AC Valve with blower installed. It’s almost impossible to get to AC charge port as well. That brings us to next pic.

This extra AC charge port is included for the KB. These have to be welded since they are not available for this size hose. This AC charge port is under car but it’s still a lot better than the one behind Blower.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 07-29-2012 at 03:22 AM.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
TrekGTO

This adapter is unique to Camaro its what lets you tap into AC as well as turn off Cabin AC on competition model. CNC billet with custom lines welded on. The smaller CNC billet adapter with fitting welded returns Freon to Factory AC. In all this allows Chiller installation without cutting any hoses or lines. Only some plastic parts have to be trimmed for installation and one hole drilled to mount a line. So this is completely reversible if you want to return to stock.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
B.Buster

Drives: 2010 AquaBlue 2SS/RS
It's a beautiful thing
B.Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Buster View Post
It's a beautiful thing
Knew I could count on you! This one is going out to EZ Speed on a referral from a shop that did an install. They convinced him his KB needed it as well as a larger heat exchanger. I don’t agree with the larger heat exchanger but the chiller is a must.
I believe I have the install bug worked out you had with mount bracket reversed. I have made updates all along. On another front my GTO kit will soon be available as I finally have adapters in hand! GTO should have been first out.

I know it’s a large purchase but I believe if people realized just how well these work I could pay my new shop rent LOL.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
Knew I could count on you! This one is going out to EZ Speed on a referral from a shop that did an install. They convinced him his KB needed it as well as a larger heat exchanger. I don’t agree with the larger heat exchanger but the chiller is a must.
Thanks for posting the pics! I cant wait to get this on my SS.
It really was more my decision to upgrade to a larger heat exchanger, I ordered it before I ordered the Chiller...and almost canceled the order on the heat exchanger after I ordered the Chiller...then I thought well it couldnt hurt! and then I found another reason to swap to the other heat exchanger...the one that comes with the KB kit interfears with my ZL1 Front bumper cover I just installed last week..LOL

Thanks again !
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
It really was more my decision to upgrade to a larger heat exchanger, I ordered it before I ordered the Chiller...and almost canceled the order on the heat exchanger after I ordered the Chiller...then I thought well it couldnt hurt! and then I found another reason to swap to the other heat exchanger...the one that comes with the KB kit interfears with my ZL1 Front bumper cover I just installed last week..LOL

Thanks again !
It looks like the Fog lights are at least as far apart as the SS. I hope your Chiller still fits with same mounting. This will be good to know for others.

Are the new H/E in and out ports similar to KBs? Here is a pic of a KB install I did. This is the diverter valve assembly, it comes with all the hoses installed long then cut other end to fit. Let me know before I ship so I can make changes if needed.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
NEGXXIS

I decided to cancel the order on the heat exchanger...dont think i will need it with the Chiller doing the work !!
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/

Last edited by NEGXXIS; 02-25-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:

Thanks again !
Looks GREAT!,can you pm me what you need for the zl1 front,lights harness etc and price thanks!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I had Dave install my chiller a couple weeks ago and so far so good. I haven't had any issues. so far the chiller is doing its job.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #10
NEGXXIS

My chiller we be arriving at my house tomorrow!!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
TrekGTO

Quote:
My chiller we be arriving at my house tomorrow!!
You can reference pic above, you will need it LOL. On the KBs I installed I raised water pump a little for hoses to fit best. I think I drilled bracket and cut off extra. All the hoses are already assembled just reuse the short 90 coming off pump. A small screw is used to mount vacuum solenoid to existing holes in the spoke of fan shroud the relay mount pin fits existing hole in core support near battery

I know you will love it but let us know what you think about install, quality and performance. I normally recalibrate stock Valve but only way to do that on a KB is before it’s installed or remove the KB to get to it. Remember Support is only a phone call away.
Thank you, Eric
Old 03-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
here's a pic of my chiller that Dave installed on my car about a month ago.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
here's a pic of my chiller that Dave installed on my car about a month ago.

I wish we had time to get more pics they really pop with that yellow.
Thanks PM sent
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
NEGXXIS

I still havent found the time to install mine yet.
Been working on my step-dads 67 Chevy truck..installing a Vintage Air setup on it.
I have a car show this weekend and plan on installing the Chiller sometime soon after that.