Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Talking LED Interior and Exterior Lighting.

This was off-topic where I originally posted it so I decided to post a new thread for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
thx guys

lol and summoner...what kinda lights you getting? i looked on the oznium site a few days ago but i only say individual lil lights
I used these for under the seats and dash, I used them because they are flexible, less likely to break.
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips
They are nice because they are sealed so you can use them for exterior applications, and mold them around curved surfaces. I used the 9.5" I did not want too much light. I figured the 19" would put out way too much, the 9.5 was perfect. I just attached them with zip-ties.

This is what I plan to order for the under body kit.
http://www.oznium.com/single-color-underbody

They do have a 7 color kit.
http://www.oznium.com/blaze

And the multi million color
http://www.oznium.com/inferno
http://www.oznium.com/ufo

Personally I prefer the LED's over Cold Cathode or neon etc...

I used these to place behind speaker grilles etc... you can sand/file the LED casing flat or angled etc. to get different lighting effects, if you sand the tip flat it disperses the light better for placing one or two behind speaker grilles or in door pockets, glove boxes etc. These things are bright! so don't let them be visible. Try to get the light to deflect around something because if you can see the LED itself... you won't be able to see the road
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-leds
They are pre-wired with resisters, makes it easier to hook up and much faster than doing it yourself. Trust me it's worth the little extra money.

These lights here are used for dash boards and knob/dial back lighting.
http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
These are the ones I was speaking about soldering them off the board and replacing the amber or red ones with these.

This Piranha Bar looks cool, have not seen this until now, but it would work well under the seats and dash board, 20" length is more than plenty for that.
http://www.oznium.com/piranha-bar

Wheel Well Kits
http://www.oznium.com/wheel-well-kits
These are expensive, because they are name brand... but as the site says you can use their flexible strips for this as well.

I have only done interior work to date, but for the Camaro, I plan to do under body, wheel well, and the mail slot. It would be amazing to do the gills! Have them cut and finished (so as to not rust) and place LED's to have a defused glow from the gills.

By the way I know some think it's too "RICER" (EDIT: Or a played out cheap joke of the custom world, begging for desperately needed attention because the car does not have enough as it is) but I like it done in good taste.

Last edited by SummoneR; 06-17-2009 at 01:08 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #2
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
i upgraded all bulbs in/out of my silverado to led's and i got them at superbrightleds.com
Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Its not "ricer". Underbody kits and all that are pretty played out. They make a car look cheap. Underbody, footwell, fenderwell lights, ect... are THE JOKE of the custom world. It screams "look at me! I dont really have anything to look at but a bunch of lights, but look anyway. I need attention!". But, like they say, to each his own.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
Its not "ricer". Underbody kits and all that are pretty played out. They make a car look cheap. Underbody, footwell, fenderwell lights, ect... are THE JOKE of the custom world. It screams "look at me! I dont really have anything to look at but a bunch of lights, but look anyway. I need attention!". But, like they say, to each his own.
agreed. i just plan on upgrading all stock bulbs to bright white leds for a cleaner look.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
i upgraded all bulbs in/out of my silverado to led's and i got them at superbrightleds.com
Very nice selection. They have the common stuff and the more rair/unique items too. But on the few items I compared (a few that I mention in the first post) they are 2-3 times more expensive. (which ultimately is not much when the base price is 29 cents

Thanks for the additional info LS3SSRS This is what I was hoping for, a thread we can come to with different ideas, opinions, and places for this type of mod!

Even including these...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
We have room for haters too.

That's what a forum is about right?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
i feel you summoner i was thinking of modding mine with grill etc.
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:43 AM   #7
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Do you have pics of them in action?
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
How do these hook up? How do you get the power from the battery to the lights?
I'm thinking of getting the orange ones for the footwells and under the front seats.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
yea it hooks up to the battery...although im not sure but pretty sure...i know the guy told me something about having it fused not to void the warranty...i havent read the intructions yet but i will when i get my kit...i order full underbody/wheel well 3 million kit from ledglow.com...i also got the 4 piece interior 3 million add on kit and a seperate control box that way i can have the interior controled seperately...i dont want my interior flashing while driving if i have them on while driving...although i will rarely have them on while driving, i do however want the interior lights on the floor to be on 24/7...so in order to have the interior on with the exterior off i needed 2 control boxes...my car wont be here for another month and the lights should be here within 2 weeks...so that gives me 2 weeks to figure out how to use it...i plan on setting it up on the floor in my basement and learning how to work it b4 installing it...they also say u wanna do this so your know which tubes go where or something like that...once i get my tubes and have it set up on the floor ill post up a video...and ofcourse when i get the car too

heres the link of what i ordered for those who are interested...cost me 452 bucks with shipping included
http://www.ledunderbody.com/3-Millio...Light-kit.aspx

and the 4 piece interior with extra control box...
http://www.ledunderbody.com/advanced...tenderkit.aspx
http://www.ledunderbody.com/single-c...ontroller.aspx

i know alot of people label this "rice" and think its stupid...but i think it looks good and as far as it being a cheap fix to make a car look modded that really isnt, whos to say i wont being doing other shit too? i always wanted to do this to my car and when i was 19 my father did it to his tahoe just to make me jealous cuz he knew i liked it...and now im 25 finally getting my own new car and imma finally get to do it! so all you haters with nothing but negative shit to say can go f*ck yourself
Old 06-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
My point has been made... beginners...
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
NightmareSS

ur point is invalid.....lights scream attention just like any other mod...making your cars exhaust loud screams attention, having a giant blower sticking outta your hood screams attention, putting rally stripes on your car screams attention, the list goes on...really any mod screams attention, hence the term custom...unique...different...standing out from the crowd...i just dont see how this makes you classified as a beginner...its not like my car is gonna be bone stock with leds on it...so read the last line in my previous post and run with it...do us a favor and stay outta this thread...
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
I`m old school, some people like to prowl around in the darkness unseen, others want to cruise the darkness on a cloud of light, what`s the problem? I like it.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
NightmareSS

thank you! and if some1 doesnt like i respect that...but dont make claims that it makes you scream "look at me, i need attention" or look like a beginner...ive seen multiple 10sec cars with the underbody glow
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Seems to Ricey for me.