Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: T Tops or Carbon Fiber?
T Tops 14 73.68%
Carbon Fiber Conversion (Fenders, doors, etc) 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #449
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
lol, it's amazing we survive some of the things we do....
I'm beating natural selection ha!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #450
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Car is up and running now; we were road testing until around 730 last night and its pretty good for a base tune. There is some surging at idle that will get fixed as well as some knock. The car's fuel pump controller is hard wired for now and we need to get another module for the fuel system that reads the tach so it knows when to switch to a heavy duty cycle.

I cant think of the name off the top of my head but the black fitting makes sure that equal amounts of fuel get to both fuel rails instead of more going to the passenger side.

I'm uploading a couple vids of last night and should have them up in a few.
I am using a Hobbs switch so it can switch the other pumps on as boost comes in. The rpm's will be different depending on the gear even if you are not in boost.

How come you tranny lines are not black but stainless steel braided? Is it because they sent you he wrong ones.

They sent me the ones for a 6M so I had to cut and modify the stock lines because of the A6.

When you remember the name of the Black fitting let me know I can install it later to be safe.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #451
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
I am using a Hobbs switch so it can switch the other pumps on as boost comes in. The rpm's will be different depending on the gear even if you are not in boost.

How come you tranny lines are not black but stainless steel braided? Is it because they sent you he wrong ones.

They sent me the ones for a 6M so I had to cut and modify the stock lines because of the A6.

When you remember the name of the Black fitting let me know I can install it later to be safe.
sounds like the the hobbs switch is pretty much the same; i'm guessing its automatic or you manually have to flip a switch? Not sure about the tranny lines but thats what IPS sent. I should have an answer on the black fitting soon.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #452
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Pic of the new rims on the car. 22x9.5 in the from, 22x11 in the rear

Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #453
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

Sweet... Very nice look...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #454
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Just took a ride with Luke... Holy shit man, I'm speechless.

You're gonna need to invest in alot of tires, and find a judge to pay off, cause that car is stupid fast.

I failed, no video. Was to busy grinning a big ass grin.

Congrats Josh, can't wait for the real boost!!

J

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #455
Blu808

Drives: Hankook Formula Drift Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Blu808 Send a message via Yahoo to Blu808
SRT10KLLR:
Car is using the new Aeromotive Prototype Stealth Eliminator fuel pump system. It requires you to feed each fuel rail separately. The Black fitting is just a "Y" fitting I believe you were looking at. Each rail is fed separately, then flow into the regulator.

The car is also using the Aeromotive FPC it will lower the duty cycle of the pump when it is not needed to flow at 100%

Blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #456
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:

Lookin' good !! It'll take some time, but once you get it tuned - look out. There will be some serious perma-grin and toasted tires...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #457
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

Lookin sick mang, good luck hookin em tho

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #458
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu808 View Post
SRT10KLLR:
Car is using the new Aeromotive Prototype Stealth Eliminator fuel pump system. It requires you to feed each fuel rail separately. The Black fitting is just a "Y" fitting I believe you were looking at. Each rail is fed separately, then flow into the regulator.

The car is also using the Aeromotive FPC it will lower the duty cycle of the pump when it is not needed to flow at 100%

I talked to the guys at Aeromotive last year at SEMA and was going to be the test bed for this new pump but thy were taking too long.

If what I think I am seeing is true you guys did an awesome job. This is what it looks like to me. You guys made a new ss hard line for the supply and used the factory supply line for a return. Also, you kept the stock EVAP line original.

The fuel system on the Hemi uses a "Y" in the back to feed both rails. You cant see it because it sits behind the intake. Then there is a crossover in the front which I haven't put in yet so right now it has caps in the front of the rails.

For looks I have a suggestion.

Can you use a "T" fitting like the Black one you are using but put it on the passenger rail instead then a line to the drivers rail. It would look less busy hat way.

Here is a quick photochop of what I mean.

Any ways great work on the fuel system.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #459
Blu808

Nice idea. It may or may not work that way. We were told to do it a certain way from our guys at Aeromotive so that is how we always do it. We do a lot of testing and abuse testing for Aeromotive. They are stand up guys and make a great product. We did indeed use the factory supply line as the return, and ran a new hard line for the supply. I actually have a nicer 45 deg. "T" fitting that I will be installing when Josh brings the car back in and tucking the lines out of the way.

This pump is serious business. We used the same "Eliminator" pump in both our race cars this year. Even in 120 deg ambient and 165 deg in trunk temps, in Vegas the pumps showed no flow loss or problems.

I would strongly recommend the Aeromotive Stealth series for you guys that are going to be heading for the higher HP route.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #460
Blu808

Here is a review video we made showing the fuel pump system.

http://vimeo.com/32392444
Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #461
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Sooo the latest news may sound a bit redundant, but once again, the BEEST got towed!

The car is out of the shop for all of 7 days, and take it further than 100 miles away, and it apparently can't handle being away from Blu808!!
We get into the middle of nowhere last night down I-5, and Josh pulls over to inspect why the car is shaking so much... well....

Some unknown melted shiny black goop is seeping out of the underside of the monster. We call Luke, and being the awesome guy that he is, he actually picks up the phone in the wee hours of the night on Thanksgiving. (THANKSSSS!)
He tries to diagnose over the phone, but either way, it doesn't look good. The car is down until further assessment. Possibly the substance is melted material from the fuel tank, or, in the words of Luke, 'it just may have been it's time', referring to the diff. :(

and now it's back at the shop as it has been for months, after a quick stint out, as Pyro anxiously awaits its release again....

so here's just a little photo post of what was seen..
Attached Images

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #462
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Damn that sucks. It looks like tar and I hope it's from the diff and not the motor.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon fiber intake, goldrush rally 4, the neighbor hater, tron camaro, twin turbo