Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #169
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The haters? That would be the ones not getting one.
nope, saving my $ for the 6th Gen..and congrats to the OP for getting a new car.

Last edited by 2010SLVRBULIT; 08-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #170
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
Nice car, I see you live in Haslet, but I think I saw your car driving around today near Eastchase & I-30 in Fort Worth!
Yes Sir you did, took my Dad for a ride.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #171
Quinny

Drives: 2014 HSV R8SV
Congrats on your new 1le, it looks sooooo nice!
Do the side skirts look lower? The 2014s appear lower, or is it just me?
You are one lucky man! Enjoy!!
Quinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #172
SGDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny View Post
Congrats on your new 1le, it looks sooooo nice!
Do the side skirts look lower? The 2014s appear lower, or is it just me?
You are one lucky man! Enjoy!!
Thanks Quinny...they are not lower, just appears to be I reckon.

Who Dares...Wins
Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #173
israel27

Drives: 2013 White Camaro RS
Why doesn't it have dual mode exhaust if its a manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #174
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by israel27 View Post
Why doesn't it have dual mode exhaust if its a manual?
Dual mode exhaust is simply an option. The manuals still come standard without the dual mode and without the quad tips

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #175
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I don't understand the comparison. Ok, all are Camaros and 5th gen design was supposed to be "neo retro".

However, I don't get the point: what was true and good looking in the 60's is not necessarily true and good looking in 2013.

I hate the new tailights cause they look damn europeano-asian to me. In 2013, not in 1969. 2010 design looked damn american, 2014 design looks like Mr Nobody's car to me (seing the car from rear, this could be some kinda Toyota at first look where at first look, a 2010 Camaro was easily identified).

Is it gonna kill the sales? Don't know, my taste isn't popular taste.

My main criticism at the new design is not about being ugly or not (even if i think it is) it's about poor thinking design. I mean, looks like minor changes made just because ... they wanted to change. The car is the same and the change is just done to ... wait 6th gen.

i hate comestic changes without purpose

However, i'm happy if 2014 owners' like it
So you are going to rip on a new car posted by a member? No one cares what you do or do not iike in this thread.

Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #176
SGDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
So you are going to rip on a new car posted by a member? No one cares what you do or do not iike in this thread.

Get some...

Who Dares...Wins
Old 08-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #177
Quinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Dual mode exhaust is simply an option. The manuals still come standard without the dual mode and without the quad tips
Hey Cookie Monster, i'm looking to import a 1le with your options to Australia

If you dont mind how much did you pay?

Cant stop looking at SGDMs car
Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #178
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny View Post
Hey Cookie Monster, i'm looking to import a 1le with your options to Australia

If you dont mind how much did you pay?

Cant stop looking at SGDMs car
Well I don't pick it up till the morning (I doubt I get any sleep tonight due to the anticipation) and we hardly ran any numbers as far as final pricing
But the car is stickered at $45,885. I just got a letter in the mail for my credit being ran asking for a $41,895 loan. I'm not sure how the loan came out to that amount. I told the sales guy to put a minimum of $4,000 down payment on the credit app (I plan on doing anywhere from 4-8K down). Either that or that's the price after the $1500 incentive and GMPP discount.
That's just my guess, but ill let you know for sure in detail when I pick it up.

Credit to xVengeancex28
Old 08-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #179
Quinny

Quote:
Well I don't pick it up till the morning (I doubt I get any sleep tonight due to the anticipation) and we hardly ran any numbers as far as final pricing
But the car is stickered at $45,885. I just got a letter in the mail for my credit being ran asking for a $41,895 loan. I'm not sure how the loan came out to that amount. I told the sales guy to put a minimum of $4,000 down payment on the credit app (I plan on doing anywhere from 4-8K down). Either that or that's the price after the $1500 incentive and GMPP discount.
That's just my guess, but ill let you know for sure in detail when I pick it up.
Thanks! can't wait to see the beast!! their will be no sleep for you !!!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #180
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
What's wrong with things looking European or Asain? The changes that were made WERE done with purpose.
Nothing wrong by itself but to me, living in Europe, if US cars look like european cars then, I'll buy a cheaper Toyota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlugo View Post
You are missing the point. I'm not trying to compare the '69 design with the 2014, or saying that there's a similarity. I'm only pointing out the obvious (the facts) that the last year of production for the 1st generation Camaros, GM change the design for the Tail lights. I just can imagine that some of the same comments we are seeing today, were also made back then. During the past 46 years we've seen the changes in design and got to choose our favorites. For me, a Camaro is a Camaro no matter what. Some people will hate it while others will love it, it's just human nature...
Got ya. I'm not either thinking in terms of what is or what is not a Camaro, just in terms of personal taste. Your point makes sense for those who would act like "camaro gurus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

As I said in my original post, I'm happy for the guy if he loves his car. However, this forum is also about facing different point of views. Nothing in rules says we all have to agree on everything.

Now if no one cares about what I like or not here, I really wonder who cares about what you're thinking 'bout my posts ...

take it easy dude
Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #181
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

It was a lonnnnng day at the dealership with signing papers and all plus I have to hurry to work soon. BUT I did manage to take some rushed shots. Hope ya enjoy! And it was pouring down the whole day, so better shots to come.
And Quinny, ill try to give the pricing details tomorrow, Im kinda rushing everything now
The Recaros are great!!!, feels like you are being giving a "mini bear hug". Im only 5'7 or so and my shoulder is just short of the slot right next to the headrest. I was scooter over a bit to show you the slot & where my shoulder sits. If there a any photo requests or questions just ask!
Attached Images

Credit to xVengeancex28

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 08-12-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #182
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
It was a lonnnnng day at the dealership with signing papers and all plus I have to hurry to work soon. BUT I did manage to take some rushed shots. Hope ya enjoy! And it was pouring down the whole day, so better shots to come.
And Quinny, ill try to give the pricing details tomorrow, Im kinda rushing everything now
The Recaros are great!!!, feels like you are being giving a "mini bear hug". Im only 5'7 or so and my shoulder is just short of the slot right next to the headrest. I was scooter over a bit to show you the slot & where my shoulder sits. If there a any photo requests or questions just ask!
Post all the pictures that you can!!
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote