The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
C7 Show n Go front licence plate bracket powered or manual

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/categ...&page=8&sortby=

Has anyone attempted this yet? Would love to see a video of how much it actually retracts if someone has it. Or an honest opinion if it's ugly and sucks lol.
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
jb306y

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I have the manual version from RPI in my hands right now, and my C7 is still a couple weeks away.. ;-)

The quality is pretty good, but I don't know yet what the material is under the front that it will attach to.

I'll take pictures and post back when I install it.

Jim
jb306y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Awesome thx, very curious on how low it hangs, visibility when down etc.
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
GTFD2

Drives: C7 2LT Vert 2014/2LT RS 2012
I have one on my Camaro and it works quite well. It is noticeable but not objectionable. Yo have to be carefull as it does reduce front clearance and can be easily damaged by parking bumpers and other objects. You can see it under center of fascia.
GTFD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
RPI is a great business. I've probably made over a dozen purchases from them in the last few years and the quality of everything that they make and sell is always amazing.

I haven't made up my mind yet on whether I'm going with GM's front license plate bracket or an aftermarket one. It's just a matter of which one looks better. So definitely post pics/videos when you get this installed.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Coolleon

Drives: ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFD2 View Post
I have one on my Camaro and it works quite well. It is noticeable but not objectionable. Yo have to be carefull as it does reduce front clearance and can be easily damaged by parking bumpers and other objects. You can see it under center of fascia.
Thanks for sharing and you have a really nice Camaro.
From the pic you posted, you can really see the bracket when the plate is under the car. Not a good look for me.

I went through this choice with my ZR1.... I neglected to do proper research and purchased the show and go product. It is a heavy bracket that installs under the car. With the plate retracted under the car, the clearance was low and it did not look right. It's a great conversational piece, but not operationally practical IMO. I sold this product and purchased this one (ZR1 version)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Carbon-Fiber-...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

This product is made from 100 percent carbon fiber, is very light and very strong. It attaches through the grille, hense no track to scrape on ground objects. It is very easy to remove and attach. Once you have it off, everything looks stock. I get a lot of positive comments on this product and it matches the carbon fiber pieces perfectly.

For me this was the best choice. I also attached a nice carbon fiber license plate frame and for a car that requires a front plate, it actually looks nice.

I had a custom carbon fiber bracket holder made, which I mounted to a wall in my garage and when I do not require the front license plate on the car, I place it in the holder. It hangs like a carbon fiber picture on the wall.

Last edited by Coolleon; 11-10-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Coolleon is offline   Reply With Quote