Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #7925
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Waaait...were they mad that you had 6k posts here?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #7926
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
This is perfect for a lot of threads around here lately...

LOL.....and look what I just found! To counteract abject mindless drivel by the ever growing list of malicious malcontents with an agenda I am passing out complimentary cans of repellant to the House of Z.....! Spray early, and spray often!!!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #7927
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Probably about the same time we REALLY find out who was behind JFK's assassination?
That secret died with Hoffa ...
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #7928
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Old 02-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #7929
OldScoolCamaro

How can you top that commercial? That is simply EPIC...!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #7930
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Waaait...were they mad that you had 6k posts here?
Fen,

We live in Shno's House and in forums. We understand web 2.0. We are not corporate mainstream. It is fashionable for a business to say they embrace social media, but they really don't. You can see it here on C5. There are a lot of businesses selling and promoting products and services on C5. How many spend time in Shno's House? How many really want to be part of the community and have become just that?

In many large corporations and family businesses perception can be more important than reality. There is good reason to carefully guard proprietary information with respect to competitors. There are better reasons to keep a lower profile than the people with larger titles. Egos and policies can become more important than reality in these business structures.

In the online world life is more complicated. As consumers we want to have a personal relationship with people at the companies we purchase products from. Occasionally we find a person in the employ of one of these companies that understands this. That person must walk a razors edge to become a valued member of the online community. That person must speak with authority on a wide range of subjects relating to company business. At the same time that person must make certain they don't commit the company to any action or activity. They also must carefully guard the company's information.

If they do these things well they risk becoming visible to other people in the company. Everyone at the company wants their fair share of the spotlight. If the light becomes too focused on one person, Machiavellian office politics can kick in. Putting aside any politics and ego, there are people charged with the responsibility of guarding proprietary company information. To those people a forum is a nightmare. A straight forward response to an online question may not be all that clear.

Question: Will the C7 Corvette have a direct injection twin turbo charged overhead cam V8 with 650 HP in the ZR1?

Reply: I can't speak to future product information.

Does that mean what was written or in the mind of the information police did the answer mean something else? God help the online employee if they didn't know that the new Corvette ZR1 has a direct injection twin turbo charged overhead cam V8 with 650 HP and any reply would put them in a bad position. If your mindset leans toward promoting the company, building relationships and the brand it is a good answer. If your perspective is to protect the company's secrets, the mere presence of an employee on a forum is a problem because of the opportunity for a 'leak' has been multiplied.

It is interesting that Mark Reuss has a Facebook page. It shows that he is well aware of how important social media is to GM while at the same time a challenge to manage. All companies say that social media is important to them. Too bad social media to the same people means only a new place to release marketing material, to use the platform only to get out a message while being in complete control of the content. That isn't social media. That is advertising.

If you have a Chevy tattoo and bleed GM blue you want to promote your company and products. You're a go getter and want to be a GM lifer. Do you go online or let it go?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #7931
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think we need to yank him out of the field of battle for a drink and a rest....

He's battling our Mustang friends 3/4 on 1 in the Boss vs ZL1 thread.

Camaro ZL1 > Boss Laguna Seca

...which wasn't supposed to be possible...

Some of the responses in that thread irked the heck out of me. I bowed out after two posts......not that I post much in the first place.

This is actually my first post in this thread, I think; though, I lurk it quite often.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #7932
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Here is a story.

Someone asked me at GM "do you own a Camaro"?

"No, I don't" was my reply

"then can you explain why you have almost 6000 posts on a Camaro website"?

A very telling question from the new GM.

And, Fen.............I was specifically reminded I would be held accountable. So I can talk about them after they are announced.

But I have friends here and I doubt too many people at GM could even grasp the idea behind this House.
80Zedder was a good example of that. He seemed like a nice kid too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If you have a Chevy tattoo and bleed GM blue you want to promote your company and products. You're a go getter and want to be a GM lifer. Do you go online or let it go?
.... yes?

"Sly as a fox, innocent as a dove." comes to mind.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #7933
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
It's a party!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #7934
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
Some of the responses in that thread irked the heck out of me. I bowed out after two posts.....
Q. What song were Roy Rogers and Dale Evans best known for.....??????

Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #7935
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

Happy trails to you, until we meet again....
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #7936
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
"Happy Trails"

I would say that I'm significantly happier not looking at that thread. I can abide by all of the bench racing, conjecture, misinformation and everything else; but, I happen to respect JusticePete and didn't much appreciate the posts that weren't more than ad hominem attacks against him.

Heck, I spend a lot of time on this site reading JP's posts for good data on the handling potential of the Camaro.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #7937
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
"Happy Trails"

I would say that I'm significantly happier not looking at that thread. I can abide by all of the bench racing, conjecture, misinformation and everything else; but, I happen to respect JusticePete and didn't much appreciate the posts that weren't more than ad hominem attacks against him.

Heck, I spend a lot of time on this site reading JP's posts for good data on the handling potential of the Camaro.
Agreed there, we have to mosey on down the trail from those diluded posts...I also agree with you on your point about JP, and would like to ad in my honest opinion JP is "the go to guy" for the straight scoop on suspension/handling/performance issues. I for one am truely glad JusticePete, fbodfather, and Number 3 are here...otherwise most of the stuff on here isn't even worth the time of day to read. It takes quite a bit of time to sort through the chaff to get to the wheat.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #7938
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

..... oops... wrong couple

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014