Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
ssmontecarlo3800

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Ground Effects Option

Hi. So I've recently been shopping for a 2013 Camaro. A dealer near me currently has one incoming that I was able to find using Chevrolet.com. It is the exact car I want except for the fact that it is equipped with the ground effects package (2,295.00). Since this is a dealer installed option, I was wondering if it is possible to purchase that particular car minus the ground effects.

My main concern is that I was wondering if the car comes from the factory modified in any way for the ground effects. Also, is this something that a dealer would be able to do? Since it's on the window sticker, do I have to get it?

Thanks for the help!
ssmontecarlo3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
chvyman

Drives: 2SS 45TH,gfx,blade spoiler,h grille
the car will be delivered with out the side skirts. they come with the ground effects package which is delivered to the dealer right befor the car shows up.
chvyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
ssmontecarlo3800

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyman View Post
the car will be delivered with out the side skirts. they come with the ground effects package which is delivered to the dealer right befor the car shows up.
So if I understand you correctly, if the dealer were not to install the ground effects package, the car would be missing side skirts?
ssmontecarlo3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
vtxretro02

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss Heritage Grill/GFX
the side skirts and the front splitter and rear spoiler were dealer installed on my order. I think they dont install them at the factory because they would get dinged up by rail and truck transport..after it leaves the factory could be wrong... just my 2 cents
vtxretro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
You cannot have the car without them. The car is invoiced with the ground effects ON THE INVOICE...therefore, the dealer is charged for them no matter what...which in turn means you are going to get them on that particular car NO MATTER WHAT.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
TJR1952

Drives: 2013 2LT
The best you can do is talk to your salesman. Ground effects come not on the car , they are dealer installed. You will have to pay for them since they are part of the purchase. Do not have them installed and put them up for sale. Remember there is a installation kit that comes with it.
TJR1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Huh.... you don't want the GFX? I'll buy it off of you.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmontecarlo3800 View Post
Hi. So I've recently been shopping for a 2013 Camaro. A dealer near me currently has one incoming that I was able to find using Chevrolet.com. It is the exact car I want except for the fact that it is equipped with the ground effects package (2,295.00). Since this is a dealer installed option, I was wondering if it is possible to purchase that particular car minus the ground effects.

My main concern is that I was wondering if the car comes from the factory modified in any way for the ground effects. Also, is this something that a dealer would be able to do? Since it's on the window sticker, do I have to get it?

Thanks for the help!

I can always locate a Camaro of your specifications if you would like. If you could just PM me your zip code and all of the options you would like to see including color, I will be happy to assist.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service