Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #43
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Exactly.

This car...from delivery at dealer...until it beats the GT-R doesn't mean anything if it doesn't come in at under $80K (estimated GT-R cost).

It's the same argument we use about the Mustang GT500... "Yeah it's faster but it costs $15K more!" If you can't make a Camaro faster than a GT500 with $15K...then the GT500 wins. (which shouldn't be a problem LOL)

(BTW, they basically have $57,000 to make it faster than the GTR...so it's not chump-change they're working with.)
Yup, this won't be your bought off the lot Camaro this thing is going to have alot of one off custom engine mods which probably will cost alot. Someone might be better off buying a SS and spending much less to get more horsepower.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #44
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Yup, this won't be your bought off the lot Camaro this thing is going to have alot of one off custom engine mods which probably will cost alot. Someone might be better off buying a SS and spending much less to get more horsepower.
Actually as they posted earlier in the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
we are looking to spend under 55K TOTAL CAR AND ALL!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #45
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
no other suspension mods? just coilovers and a BBK? info on BBK, is it 4 piston or 6 piston? what about rear brakes? upgrading those as well? n e weight reduction?
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #46
LS1_Alex

Drives: Firebird Formula
Meh, maybe with 700-800 horsepower and zr1 brakes it will stand a chance against the gt-r.
LS1_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #47
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1_Alex View Post
Meh, maybe with 700-800 horsepower and zr1 brakes it will stand a chance against the gt-r.
GT-R weighs MORE than the V6 Camaro, and is pushing 473 HP to the wheels with a twin-turbo V6. This is definitely doable, as the Camaro's weight distribution is pretty ideal. Looking forward to seeing the results from this!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Here is the vette record stock ZR1. Driven by GM performance parts big wig Jim Mero.
Guy is one heck of a driver.

I don't remember where it is but looks like he missed a gear in one of the turns... and was still fast as doo doo.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #49
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I'm glad to see pedders is the suspension tuner for this....

I can't wait to see if they can pull it off... Those of us that are looking to suspension mods are gonna benefit huge from this...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #50
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
GT-R weighs MORE than the V6 Camaro, and is pushing 473 HP to the wheels with a twin-turbo V6. This is definitely doable, as the Camaro's weight distribution is pretty ideal. Looking forward to seeing the results from this!
cept it's more like 370-410 at the wheels from various dynos. i think a couple got in the 420s
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #51
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Guys,

While I would love to give all of the technical info about this project I can't. All I can say is that this is very doable. We have done a LOT of research to make sure we are not way off base with this. We know the Camaro ways LESS than the GTR and with Pedders suspension we can get a PERFECT weight distribution. We know we can pull higher g-forces in the Camaro than the GTR. We know we can make the power. The big question for us and to everyone else is going to be if we can put this into a package and make it all work together the way the GTR or ZR1 can.

Bottom line is if I didn't think it were possible I wouldn't put my reputation on the line.

Thanks for all of the support guys and keep an eye on us!
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #52
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Guys,

While I would love to give all of the technical info about this project I can't. All I can say is that this is very doable. We have done a LOT of research to make sure we are not way off base with this. We know the Camaro ways LESS than the GTR and with Pedders suspension we can get a PERFECT weight distribution. We know we can pull higher g-forces in the Camaro than the GTR. We know we can make the power. The big question for us and to everyone else is going to be if we can put this into a package and make it all work together the way the GTR or ZR1 can.

Bottom line is if I didn't think it were possible I wouldn't put my reputation on the line.

Man I would love to have ringside seats to this brawl!
Good luck guys!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #53
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
no other suspension mods? just coilovers and a BBK? info on BBK, is it 4 piston or 6 piston? what about rear brakes? upgrading those as well? n e weight reduction?
Good questions.

Here's some cutaway pics of the GT-R. Didn't know it had a carbon fiber propshaft from the factory

King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #54
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Those are pretty cool cut away pics!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #55
Hayashi

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Guys,

Mmmm...good =) I can't wait to see this in action.

Those saying its going to cost to much and what not. Its not about will you put it on your car, but all the people who dream about having it on there car. This could be huge for the Camaro and East TX Muscle Cars. Its like saying GM building the GT2 Corvette is wrong cause it costs to much money and no one can buy the parts. "Race on sunday, buy on monday" woot =)
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #56
Rusky

Drives: 1998 GMC C1500 Ext. Cab 4.3L
As much as i love the camaro, ill throw in the towel on this one...

Euro/Jap cars just handle so much better. Sure you can get the V6 to put out as much power, but power isn't everything. Power is actually the last thing in my books. Suspension/Handling is what lowers lap times, not how easy you can spin the tires. For those thinking that im biased, I'm definitely not, I'm ordering a 2ss in January.

I will give them mad props if they actually pull it off though! I'm keeping my eye on this one.
Rusky is offline   Reply With Quote