Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Has anyone bought Oracle Headlights?? I have questions!!

So i've been looking into getting some amber Oracle HID Headlights from AAC and I have a few questions for people who have already bought and installed them...

1) Did you install them yourself? If you did, was it hard to do? I have NEVER modified anything on my or anyone's car and i want to learn, but would it be a bad idea to learn on this car with this mod?

2) Is it worth it? I know this is subjective, but basically did you like the finished product?

3) I have a 2 LT NON-RS. Does anyone know how this will look? I've seen the video where the RS headlights get replaced but never with a non RS. Also, if i put on the Amber HID rings and since my DRL's are the normal headlights, when my headlights are on will it basically be amber rings on normal halogen headlights?!?! because that is DEFINITELY not wanted lol

4) I guess this is directed to AACstyle or anyone who has taken advantage of this lol, but what's the best discount that they give for camaro5 members?? Don't have much money after buying the camaro, but trying to save up

Thanks for any answers!! and
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
from what i gather you just remove the light bulbs, install the hid bulbs, and plug it into the same wireing for your regular lights.

Im looking into HID's also.
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I see a little confusion. The HIDs are the high output headlights. They are seperate from the halo rings which are LED. The HID headlight install is a very easy install.

The LED halos take a bit more time. They require that you remove the front end of your camaro then remove the light fixtures. You have to heat the fixture in the oven to soften the glue. Open the headlight housing and install the rings.

I had both installed, along with some other items, at AAC on my Daughter's Synergy.

The Bi-Xenons from Oracle work great and require little wiring. The kit comes with a ballast for each side and works nicely with the non RS DRLs.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
I need to get on this...Halo kit FTW -

Shuffler, by wiring, so you mean simply plug and play or did you have to splice into wires?
For example, on my old Honda, when I did HID, all I had to do was plug the ballast into my Honda bulb socket and then plug the HID bulb into the ballast...

Also, concerning the halo, do you have to splice wires as well? Do they come on when your parking lights are on? Also, will they stay on once you turn to full headlight? (or if you keep auto-lights on, will they stay on?)

I hope I just didnt hijack this thread
THanks!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

lol I don't think you hijacked anything. All good questions that I'm sure the OP would like to know also.

Here is link for step by step instructions on installs.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...-xenon+install

There is minimal wiring required for the ballast to operate.

The halos have a hot wire and a ground. They can be connected to a switch, park lights, or a remote. How you chose to connect them will control when they are on. My Daughter's Synergy is on a remote. She can turn on the halos, adjust brightness, or make them flash or breathe from 50 feet or more away
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I see a little confusion. The HIDs are the high output headlights. They are seperate from the halo rings which are LED. The HID headlight install is a very easy install.

The LED halos take a bit more time. They require that you remove the front end of your camaro then remove the light fixtures. You have to heat the fixture in the oven to soften the glue. Open the headlight housing and install the rings.
So if i got the LED halos, when it is on would it look like my headlights right now and then amber halos on top?

because i dont think color halos and halogen bulb look too good together...

or is there a way to just have the halos come on?
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
The led halos are hard to do, unless u are good with you hands then go for it. I just finished installing and i took out the stock rs halo and just put in my dual amber/white led halos from aac , also when u install the aac halo check the wires connected to the lights both my wires fell out out of both lights
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Halos are seperate from your headlights. LED halos look good even when your headlights are on.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
torranosaurus
Banned

Drives: 2010 orange 2SS
I just received mine in the mail today, with the 6000K bulbs. I decided to not go this route so I am selling them for $175 shipped.
Anyone interested send me a PM.
I will probably post them on Ebay.
torranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by torranosaurus View Post
I just received mine in the mail today, with the 6000K bulbs. I decided to not go this route so I am selling them for $175 shipped.
Are you not installing HIDs then? The only other route is to purchase the RS lights from GM for $800 each.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by torranosaurus View Post
If anyone has any questions feel free to contact us and we can clarify any questions you may have. HIDs are a must on the Camaros (like Justin said, " You dramatically increase the light output and thus improve night time visibility and safety without blinding other drivers (like some other kits)."
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Ohhhh now ya done it...... even Jonathan is posting
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #13
firehawc_69

Drives: Rally yellow w/stripes 2LT
Send a message via Yahoo to firehawc_69
Edit: miss-communication, Andy from AAC called to clear it up.

Last edited by firehawc_69; 06-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.
firehawc_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #14
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
This is in noon sunlight. 8000K HID from AAC. Ohhhh they're pretty!
Attached Images