Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
Faulty PDIM symptoms?

Seems there are a lot of threads on the PDIM. Hope nobody minds if I start one for the people that have a little technician blood in them and maybe this will help when we confront the Chevy dealerships.

I drive a 2SS. My PDIM module worked fine. I could plug in my USB and my wife could use the 3.5MM input for her phone.
Now, nothing works.
My first conclusion is I do not have a wiring issue. My USB lights up, so I know the path from the USB port through the PDIM to the radio is good.
Here is where I need some help. The radio will not see the PDIM. I can cycle through my sources and all I get is: CD, FM, AM, XM and then back to CD.
How do I determine if the software in the radio has "crashed", or if the PDIM module just went out. Is this just a matter of swapping the module, or does the radio need to be re-programmed? Thank you for any help.
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
This happens to me intermittently with my iPod... Ife found that often times I will have to reset the ipod and a replug it in to get it to recognize... And when that doesn't work, i will have to turn off the engine and remove the key then restart. Usually this will work for me.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
Well, would that be an example of a corrupted software?
Mine doesn't work intermittently. It just does not work. Does this point to a bad module?
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote