Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #197
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
See, that's part of the attitude that got GM to within hours of going out of business permanently. You should be ENCOURAGING people like me to buy GM!

I WANT THE CAMARO. I do NOT want to be treated like someone buying a Sonic because I'm spending 40 large, not getting a $99.00/month lease for a tin can with a Hoover engine.

Capisce paizon?
So let me see if I am reading you right. You are spending 40K for a new Camaro, double the amount of the guy spending $20K for a new Sonic. Because you are spending twice as much money you are expecting better treatment than the new Sonic owner. Then using your logic, the guy spending 80K on a new Corvette, double what you spent on your new Camaro, they should receive far better service than you in your lowly Camaro. Is this really the logic that you want to use? Personally I would like to see everyone treated fairly, whether it is the person buying their first new car, a Sonic or the more effluent person buying a Z06.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #198
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
So let me see if I am reading you right. You are spending 40K for a new Camaro, double the amount of the guy spending $20K for a new Sonic. Because you are spending twice as much money you are expecting better treatment than the new Sonic owner. Then using your logic, the guy spending 80K on a new Corvette, double what you spent on your new Camaro, they should receive far better service than you in your lowly Camaro. Is this really the logic that you want to use? Personally I would like to see everyone treated fairly, whether it is the person buying their first new car, a Sonic or the more effluent person buying a Z06.
And this is why you're a Jedi. Words of wisdom.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #199
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Agreed. I joined this forum so I would know more than a dealer when the car came out. I expect to be treated fairly and with courtesy at any dealer I goto. I don't expect champagne and someone to wipe my ass for buying a car from them that is less than 6 figures. If he wants that then fine, shop for a dealer who will but that is not a GM responsibility. If you think Tesla's sales model should be what everyone does fine but again that is not a GM issue that is an automotive industry issue. Hell the dealer I maybe using sells BMW, Ford, GM, and Kia in the same lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #200
JoeYock

Drives: 2016 BVM 2LT RS V6 Camaro
Is this official!? A v6 2lt starts at over 31k?
JoeYock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #201
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
Not trying to stick up for anyone but I got something a little diffrent. At the previous price point the car was still sitting in as a poor mans sports car. The new price point takes it a bit over the mark and no longer fits the class of the poor mans sports car. This in turn takes the camaro up a notch to sports car.

I see it more having to do with price class its sold in vs the actual prices. Should someone buying the 20k sonic get half the service of a 40k camaro? No not by any means. Should the person buying the camaro that is now in regular sports car class get a little bit better service then average joe buying a daily driver family car? Absolutely. Seeing that all the specialized corvette sales man I have talked to been connoisseur of fast fun cars would they not seem like the perfect fit to specialize in the camaro.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #202
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
The employee price looks great to me if real, but its so low quality I bet its fake.

If not I wonder what GM supplier pricing looks like.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #203
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
The employee price looks great to me if real, but its so low quality I bet its fake.

If not I wonder what GM supplier pricing looks like.
These are real prices.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #204
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
No, it's not. I just loaded a Premium ecoboost without PP to 33,985. That's with a manual transmission.

I have seen quite a few Ecoboost premiums, some with the PP for under 30K on Cars.com.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #205
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreng View Post
Not trying to stick up for anyone but I got something a little diffrent. At the previous price point the car was still sitting in as a poor mans sports car. The new price point takes it a bit over the mark and no longer fits the class of the poor mans sports car. This in turn takes the camaro up a notch to sports car.

I see it more having to do with price class its sold in vs the actual prices. Should someone buying the 20k sonic get half the service of a 40k camaro? No not by any means. Should the person buying the camaro that is now in regular sports car class get a little bit better service then average joe buying a daily driver family car? Absolutely. Seeing that all the specialized corvette sales man I have talked to been connoisseur of fast fun cars would they not seem like the perfect fit to specialize in the camaro.
Exactly!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #206
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
GM IS NUTS END OF STORY
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #207
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
And this is why you're a Jedi. Words of wisdom.
Thanks, one of the few advantages of being an old fart.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #208
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Brembo Six-Piston Brakes

Becky, can you find out the price of the Brembo six-piston brake option for the 2SS? Thanks
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #209
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I have seen quite a few Ecoboost premiums, some with the PP for under 30K on Cars.com.
What's your point? That says nothing about the lie that the 2.0 Camaro is 3k more than ecoboost nor does it state anything about MSRP.

Ecoboost premium with the collision avoidance, 201a, navigation, and PP is a 36k car with the manual. 35,980 to be exact.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #210
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
My interpretation of it is that here is 2 pricing 1 with rs or 20" wheels and then 1 without rs or 20" wheels. Seeing how RS is included in SS package I would assume that would be the same price. I don't see why the price would be different from v6 to v8.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet