Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #43
CamaroCarly

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow
This thread is hilarious!! I want my Camaro already!!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #44
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
v6 with 450hp? I'm gunna need to see a dyno sheet. Sorry don't believe that one bit. I am happy for you either way.
a v6 with 450hp is easy, even when starting off with almost 100 less hp, and 1000rpm lower revving motor
Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #45
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
I will figure it out, I need the car at my shop first. I have figured out much more complex systems. We only have a SS Camaro as our shop car.

I will share whatever I figure out with you guys. Cant wait to play with it. There are many DI systems on many different cars that have tuning capabilities.
I could dig DI v6, but I'm also holding out for a ragtop. So I'm looking forward to hearing about how you upgrade the fuel system. I dont think there is any way you can get the OP's 450-550hp out of the stock injectors nor do I think the aftermarket is building bigger ones yet. The same goes for the secondary fuel pump.

It would be pretty cool if you add something like the no lift shift GM added to the LNF, but you'd need control of the cam phasers...
Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #46
Kakashi

Drives: Camaro SS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Devil View Post
You can't compare 3 of the most stout and overbuilt engines designed for turbos to an na engine with a turbo kit. I'm sorry.

Plus 2 of those aren't even V6's, but that's ok.
Are we splitting hairs now between V configurations and Inline motors? Sheesh, I was speaking in general. And just pointing out that because it only has 6 cylinders doesn't mean that it has to be dog slow.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #47
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
when i said in a month i meant a month after they are done idiot.anyway im getting it youre not enough said. i know whats going on here, i dont need to do a search on this site looking up things youve said to prove a point cause guess what you are nothing to me or anyone else on here but a trash talker now, so bottom line i was just trying to help people find a turbo that i know im getting you and the others got on here bashing people for something you have no clue what youre talking about. me and JT have been in talks for almost two months now getting everything prepared for him to have my car for a month. i even had to go out and buy a tahoe just so id have something to drive besides my fiancees Lancer, so ill post pics when he finishes the turbo and youll be eating your uneducated words.
I love it when they have to resort to to personal attacks an call me names....

uneducated? LOL! Far from that.... I talk with some of the leading automotive engineers a pretty regular basis...

And not a trash talker either... I simply state the facts... After months of posting how you are getting a turbo installed "next week" you have finally found a shop... Most guys would not have posted anything until A) their car was actually gone or B) The car was done... Instead you make all these post about how your shipping your car off...

Can JTinFL tune it... who knows... he say's he can... There are other besides me that have serious doubts... guess you better call them names to!

It's Monday... clock is ticking... Good luck.. See you in mid-september....

Hey, since you get so upset when i rain on your parade... do you have a Plan B for when things let loose?

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #48
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Let's not forget the LLT uses a torque-based system:

Excerpt from http://www.gmpowertrain.ca/Product/3...%20Summary.pdf

The 3.6L V6 VVT is managed the Bosch Motronic MED9 controller. This sophisticated
electronic control module (ECM) uses a torque-based control strategy, which improves
upon throttle-based management systems that rely exclusively on a throttle position
sensor to manage electronic throttle control. Cruise control is also integrated into the
electronic throttle control. The torque-based strategy measures the cam phasing
positions and other operational parameters and translates that data into an ideal throttle position and engine output, based on the driver’s positioning of the accelerator pedal. The ECM and a wide range of sensors allow failsafe systems, including ignition
operation in the event of timing sensor failures.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 AM   #49
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Jesus check this guy out. whats the deal with this guy??? is he ragging or what. i mean ive been nothing but nice to everyone and this guy thinks that just because two companies cant crack it then noboday can. excuse me for saying a little over two weeks ago about what 3 weeks and some change that i was sending my car off. excuse me that he was supposed to pick my car up last week and i had my headlights off getting haloed and HIDs put in them. or since nobody has HIDs and Halos in their 1LT lights that it cant be done, even though mine actually has them in it. But guys dont try anything with your car unless hennessey and that other company hasnt done it..what is biting this guy's ass soo much that im really shipping my car off to have it turbo'd. i mean if it was his car and he told me not to do it id understand his anger. but why is he soo upset that im taking my own car and using my own money to at least attempt to have my car turbo'd. Boo hoo dude, take your frustration and B.S. crybabyness elsewhere, even though you act like you even have a clue about what youre talking about you only keep quoting things that youve read clearly. i cant believe youre trying to make an argument by going back and saying that i posted the 15 that i was having my car shipped off in TWO WEEKS which would have been the 30th or soo or the 5th giving a couple days for delays. excuse me for being 5 to 10 days past my original assumption. ill never post a date on this forum that ill have something done again. just so basket cases like you cant look it up and cry about it. im sure ill be getting wrote up on here about this too but ohh well. i know what im talking about. tuned or no tuned im having my car turbo'd deal with it or not we dont care. you got onto someone elses thread calling them children and retarded and its very easy to talk trash on the internet on a forum on a thread but youd never say this in person to someones face. so ill take you internet mouth running for what its worth. NOTHING. sorry to those who was interested about this turbo. i have been talking to Ultimate for like two months now without telling anyone for this exact EXACT thing. so i wont be posting anything else about my car cause of people like this. i mean you cant even show people what youre doing to your car without people like him talking trash calling people liars about something he has literally no clue what hes talking about.so if you guys wanna see anything about my car or talk to me go to my thread cause im not posting anything else on this one besides this post
some where in there your wrote:

"i know what im talking about. tuned or no tuned im having my car turbo'd"

sorry, that statement right there tells my you really don't know what you are talking about... No tune? Hope you have spare motors laying around...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #50
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
as a v6 camaro owner im riding with this and hoping for the best. good luck!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #51
Outlaw

Drives: 2SS M6, IBM w/ Silver Rally
Wow....... I feel the responsibility to fuel it even more lol. So.....You can tune a V-6 the ECU is easy to bypass, and he's not really getting a turbo! j/k don't hurt me

Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #52
Baldturbofreak
Turbo kit Jedi

Drives: 95 vette,07gxp,02wrx,slazer,
Send a message via AIM to Baldturbofreak
If we really want to get the possibility of FI in any form, we vote with our dollars and a Poll over on hptuners forum.
They will make it possible.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #53
davidj

Drives: .
Good luck Mohrg Beast, I hope your Turbo system works out. It will be great for you and other V6 owners.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #54
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak View Post
If we really want to get the possibility of FI in any form, we vote with our dollars and a Poll over on hptuners forum.
They will make it possible.
How many people with interest were they asking for?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #55
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Sorry if i offended anyone. i deleted all my post on this thread, and i wont be posting anymore. if you are interested in this project and its results hit me up with a PM. Due to the overwhelming frustration people tend to be having due to the fact that i even mentioned getting a turbo i wont be posting about it either. even when done its just impossible on this site to be excited and bring people into the excitment without being bashed and ruining the thread. See you guys later, good talking to you all. thanks for the kindness,concern, and information.

Closed Thread