Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Yes its the Shelby Cobra but it no longer sports the Cobra name on it like in the 90's and early 2000's. It now just sports the Shelby name on it with a few Cobra emblems. It was suppost to be the next variation of a Cobra but the SVT group got push into the mix with everyone else at Ford. They are no longer a specialty group amongst themselves. They kept the car and with the reassociation with Shelby it got his name on it instead of SVT.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
Hesh

Most of the info in that article is about the new Ford truck line which some of will carry over to the Mustang. Not all those numbers will carry over to the Mustang.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The part that everyone is forgetting about is what is the cost difference between the 2 engines and what is currently in the GT? Ford will keep the Mustangs cost to below that of the Camaro and have proven in the past that they have no problem putting a less HP motor in the GT as long as the car is cheaper.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
So... are the chevy boys spooked a little bit....

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #19
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Nope, not at all. I bought a Camaro SS because I like it...not because of what Ford does.

I'll still take mine to the track and I'll still race anything that lines up next to me...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
Hesh

Not at all. This has been posted before by another rambling on about the next engine in the Mustang. I said it to him and will say it again now. Its all just hearsay and internet rumor. Ill believe it when I see it. I dont forsee 400hp in the Mustangs future. More hp...yep. 400...nope.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Any Chevy boy who cares enough to get spooked would know the LS3 has 10x the capability of anything Ford would put in the mustang.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
So yall are spooked...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Not me. I'm glad that Ford's finally taking a hint.

But I also think this whole arrangment will turn out different from what's expected. That article was about the F-150, and they mentioned the Mustang in passing. It might happen, just not the way some are expecting.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #24
MerFmobile

Drives: 04 Trailblazer LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Not at all. This has been posted before by another rambling on about the next engine in the Mustang. I said it to him and will say it again now. Its all just hearsay and internet rumor. Ill believe it when I see it. I dont forsee 400hp in the Mustangs future. More hp...yep. 400...nope.
Ditto.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
So yall are spooked...
nope
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #26
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Yes its the Shelby Cobra but it no longer sports the Cobra name on it like in the 90's and early 2000's. It now just sports the Shelby name on it with a few Cobra emblems. It was suppost to be the next variation of a Cobra but the SVT group got push into the mix with everyone else at Ford. They are no longer a specialty group amongst themselves. They kept the car and with the reassociation with Shelby it got his name on it instead of SVT.
+1000
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Okay, so here's the article:

I would just like to point out that this is a truck article with ONE sentence about a Mustang. The entire thing is speculation, it doesn't say anything about the 6.2 going into the mustang at all. Soooo let's just wait for Ford to say something instead of getting all excited over nothing, k?

"PickupTrucks.com is reporting that by the end of 2010, Ford will alter the three engine options that currently make up the engine choices in the F-150. What is coming in time for the 2011 model year will be a new 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 and a 5.0-liter V8 code-named "Coyote."

Subbing the V6 EcoBoost for the V8 is about providing the same power with more efficiency. Said to be the premium engine for light-duty trucks, the direct-injection gas engine will offer something like 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque while carrying an EPA rating of "at least 23 miles-per-gallon on the highway." Those power numbers handily beat what you'll get from any of the current engines on offer, even though it's down two cylinders.

The "Coyote" 5.0-liter, modular, four-valve V8 will have "huge heads," and will return the same numbers as the V6: 400 hp and 400 lb-ft. This engine will become the standard F-150 lump, returning the same gas mileage as the current 5.4-liter but with much more power. This same engine will also reportedly find its way into the Mustang. That will leave the 6.2-liter V8 (the Boss) slated for the Raptor later this year as last engine choice (unless there's a 4-cylinder EcoBoost added in 2013), and it will go into special edition F-150s and the Super Duty trucks."

I bolded the one sentence about the Mustang.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #28
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
So yall are spooked...
why would chevy be spooked?

Ford wont build a mustang with more power/quality for less $$ . The GT500 is evidence of that.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video